Gay Marriage

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ice said:
Oh Wintermute... can you spell own goal :P

Tell you what Ice - when I post something like you and say that I Hate religious people, or that I think the religious should kill themselves, then it *MIGHT* be an own goal.

in the meantime, get back under your rock, redneck.

I dislike them. I don't hate them. Have you ever had yourself tested on reading-disabilities? :P

By the way, christmas is a bullshit day.

from some highly intellectual website said:
Even though Christ was not born on Dec 25th it is the reason for the season as they say. It is the reason we celebrate whether you like it or not, just remember.

It may have non-christan roots, but for christians it still is a special day. Please, Mr Santa Dick or whoever is in charge, make up your mind >_< I think most people celebrate it, because they go with the river. Many see the religious meaning in it, even though they are not religious. WTF. :o

Last edited:
Wintermute said:
when I post something like you and say that I Hate religious people, or that I think the religious should kill themselves, then it *MIGHT* be an own goal.

agreed, let's just call 'm stupid instead :trout:

Ice said:
I dislike them. I don't hate them. Have you ever had yourself tested on reading-disabilities? :P

LOL. you were embarrased into changing your post. and what about the "gays should kill tmeselves" comment that you edited out? or does that have some other meaning too?

anyway, does it make any difference whether you "hate" or "dislike" gay people? it's still the same damn prejudice, you "dislike" people for no other reason than their sexuality.

So, you meet someone new, you get on great head out for beers after work, have a great laugh... then find out he's gay. That changes how you feel about someone? that's just shallow... :nono:

Quoting Ice from his bad rep message..

Ice said:
i have finished a high school and got told about 100 times that men have female things, just i lack the ability to put biological terms in english. you are nothing but wintermute's personal bum chum.

That statement just pretty much goes to show that you're a bigot redneck whose abilities to cope with being found as an ignorant fool by others are limited to personal attacks and pedantism. Time and again you have been confronted with the fact that an opinion is not a shield under which you can hide whenever reasoning and logic are required for a basis of understanding your thoughts. This conversation can hardly be fruitful if a person's own fears of everything alien to him or the fact that he sees his own reflection in the very people he hates, or how you corrected it, dislikes, make it impossible for him to see his own short-sightedness.

I, for one, can live without your so called "respect". With that said, I think it's time to end this since it can only get personal beyond this point.

Wintermute said:
LOL. you were embarrased into changing your post. and what about the "gays should kill tmeselves" comment that you edited out? or does that have some other meaning too?

That does not matter. It's edited and what it said before does not stand for discussion. That's why I edited it. And how would you know how I feel about editing a post?

You are desperately trying to talk yourself out, away from your poor posts, aren't you? Personal insults are a good indicator for that (not that i care about getting insulted from YOU) :P It can only get worse, so go on...

kooma: wow, where did you copy that from? I doubt you know what you are saying and it's far from true.

But maybe you and winterdude know me better than I do :teehee: Go make your own minds up first. Maybe you should not by all means try and mark me as a bad person, because that won't work :P

Just accept my opinion and stop discussing about it, because you will not change a thing.

I see things different, easy as that. I am not even fighting for my opinion, I just want it accepted. If you can't do that, you are the ones who are narrow minded.

- done with editing and waiting for pathetic replies -

Last edited:
aeh, fuck, lost a reply by accidently hitting backspace, and going forward didnt bring the text back with it :\ ok so a bit shorter this time.

first of all i dont believe a single x chromo "knows" whther there are only 1 or 2 em. (thats why i thought in my other post you made the x chromo responsible for 'liking men' and not for 'homosexuality'..) so it cant "know" which sex the "same sex" is and which sex would therefore be to prefer.. unless you give me some more detail on how the second x chromo could turn the "male homosexual desire" into a "female homosexual desire" im not gonna believe the chromosome theory.

education: stuff like being taught bein gay is ok, surroundings like getting no women like eg. men in prison who "become gay"; defiant reactions after disappointing relation to the other sex... a number of small events leads to making the same sex more interesting, also with curiosity maybe (in cases)
with this change in mood and attitude comes a change in hormones imo.
if testosteron makes females attractive to one and oestrogen males attractive to one, homosexuality could be explained by a bad ratio of the two.

ok this a physical reason then but it is acquired and not in ones genes.

if homosexuality was accepted as illness could it be cured by a psychologist? i dont think so (im also not the sort who accepts psychologists as "doctors" but thats another matter, maybe a new topic :P)
changing the hormone ratio could help if i was a bit right about the stuff above, like giving a gay man testosterone could make him interested in woman again ..

(we got a fair bit OT but I prefer to go on with this discussion about whether its acquired and therefore partially voluntary or if its gene-based.)

Wintermute said:
And this is what we get when people who don't have a clue what they are talking about make stuff up.
A nicer tone would help to lead a more proper conversation with an obvious amateur in biology. You dont want to sound the intolerant and elitist supremacist you are NOT.

Wintermute said:
Tell you what Ice - when I post something like you and say that I Hate religious people, or that I think the religious should kill themselves, then it *MIGHT* be an own goal.

in the meantime, get back under your rock, redneck.

why dont u crawl back under ur rock savage, u cant think of 1 good reason why religion is as bad as u make it look like.
all u do is flaming and saying really supid stuff about religion.
and u call that discussing? imo ur doing the same as ice, so ur not 1 bit better then him

Reactions: Stylefish
Wintermute said:

anyway, does it make any difference whether you "hate" or "dislike" gay people? it's still the same damn prejudice, you "dislike" people for no other reason than their sexuality.

So, you meet someone new, you get on great head out for beers after work, have a great laugh... then find out he's gay. That changes how you feel about someone? that's just shallow... :nono:

So, you meet someone new, you get on great head out for beers after work, have a great laugh... then find out he's religious. That changes how you feel about someone? that's just shallow... :nono:

Mughi said:
OK, we have already all agreed (mostly :rolleyes: ) that the word "marriage" is what most people seem to have the hang up about and that (mostly :rolleyes: ) people dont have objection to same sex couples having the same rights as different sex couples and thats fair enough

... BUT ...

:shout:

marriage is not for the religious!

No, I dont have proof to hand, and asides from googling it wouldnt be sure where to start but I am fairly sure that marriage existed before christianity :p: Or even that it was a concept outwith religion before it was hijacked by religion. Even if it wasnt, marriage is now for couples some of whom choose to perform the ritual in a church/mosque/synagogue/forest/whatever with a preist/immam/rabbi/preistess/whoever running it, but not all :p:

Marriage is not for the religious :p:

well i BELIEVE it is and so says my RELIGION u can twist and turn in every possible way u want to but it's not hijacked or anything.
how many flipping times do i have u tell u before u start hearing what im saying

sobo said:
education: stuff like being taught bein gay is ok, surroundings like getting no women like eg. men in prison who "become gay"; defiant reactions after disappointing relation to the other sex... a number of small events leads to making the same sex more interesting, also with curiosity maybe (in cases)
with this change in mood and attitude comes a change in hormones imo.
if testosteron makes females attractive to one and oestrogen males attractive to one, homosexuality could be explained by a bad ratio of the two.
Now that's ridiculous. nobody "becomes gay" in jail. I'm sure that's only a temporary solution for such ppl with absolutely no feelings involved.
Also your theory about homosexuality caused by a lack of testosterone is quite audacious.
If it only was that "simple" ...

sobo said:
first of all i dont believe a single x chromo "knows" whther there are only 1 or 2 em. (thats why i thought in my other post you made the x chromo responsible for 'liking men' and not for 'homosexuality'..) so it cant "know" which sex the "same sex" is and which sex would therefore be to prefer. Unless you give me some more detail on how the second x chromo could turn the "male homosexual desire" into a "female homosexual desire" im not gonna believe the chromosome theory.

Genetics 101 - DNA acts as a "template" on which chemicals (mostly proteins) form up. these proteins are responsible for everything in your body, from the regulation of your heartbeat, to the digestion of your food, to sexual arousal.

When we talk about a gene "coding for" a specific protein, it means that this protein is formed up on the surface of that particular gene. This is what a gene is - basically a mould for making body chemicals. As an example, if someone is missing the gene which codes for blood clotting factor 8, they will be haemophiliac.

These protiens are used for many things - structure (as in muscle, tendons, skin etc) or as signalling like the p53 protein that tells cells to kill themselves if they have a dangerous mutation, (cancer can be caused by this protein not working properly, which in turn is often caused by the DNA which codes for the p53 protein being damaged itself)

Within a female's cells, the second X chromosome (basically, whichever one is slower) knows that it is the second one, because the first chromosome actively produces a special marker protein. Think of it as two people who can do the job, and the first one to get going shouts "mine" - the other one hears this, and goes to sleep, forming the "barr's body". There are many cancers and defects caused by thos process failing, and both X chromosomes remaining active.

Now - the X chromosome is responsible for most of the seuxal behaviour that men and women have in common - we use the same signals (of course) - dilated pupils, raised heartrate, flushing of the cheeks and genitals... this behaviour is all represented on the X chromosome. (think about it, it couldn't be any otrher way - if it was on the Y chromosome, women would be incapable of seduction!)

Psychologically, human attraction is based on similarity. people are attracted to similar people (or rather, how they perceive themselves to be). This is another function of our genetics - the most chance of producing viable offspring happens when there is very little difference between the parents. just looking at couples confirms this - they tend to be of similar outlook, size, etc.

What I have said up to here is established, scientifically tested FACT, what comes next is theory. (but not MY theory - it has been published in scientific journals and subject to peer review)

The specific DNA sequence which *may* code for homosexual behaviour (and it doesn't matter whether it's male-male or female-female) causes slightly different brain chemistry, and makes the attraction to "similarity" stronger. Whereas *everyone* is looking for a mate that is like themselves, homosexuals are simply looking for a mate that is *MORE* like themselves.

Whereas myself and mughi are similar hieght, hair colour, eye colour and general facial shape (as are more than 80% of couples), our friends David and David are more similar - hell they even have the same name!

incidentally, the stuff about human attraction has been established for many, many years, but only recently have we understood why - the human body is *very* sensitive to genetic mutations, and people who are "similar" tend to have the same genetic mix. it's safer for having kids, and at a very low level our brains know this.

sobo said:
education: stuff like being taught bein gay is ok, surroundings like getting no women like eg. men in prison who "become gay"

Okay, one thing - men do not become gay in prison. men are raped and assaulted, and adopt a psychological reaction which is specifically to survive. Gay men can have an active sex life and enjoy it - prison rape victims who give in to avoid being killed are usually never capable of a normal sexual life ever again.

You just can't compare victims of horrible violations and rape to people living in the outside world.

sobo said:
defiant reactions after disappointing relation to the other sex... a number of small events leads to making the same sex more interesting, also with curiosity maybe (in cases) with this change in mood and attitude comes a change in hormones imo.

I know of a couple of people who have moved from one side of the fence to the other (and in one case, back again). It's hardly surprising - when you understand that it's all down to our genes expressed in brain chemistry, obviously someone who is only a little bit gay is also a little bit straight. People's lives are complicated, and some people will exist in the middle, never really sure of which they like best.

*BUT* just as there are people who are never in any doubt that they are straight, there are people who never doubt for a second that they are gay. The gay man doesn't look at a woman and think "pwhoooar, no wait, I'm gay" - he never has that reaction in the first place. he's too busy looking past the busty blonde to the guy with the six pack behind her.

many tests have been done on this - you can measure sexual response by things that the person isn't even aware of - electrical charge across the skin, slight pespiration, pupils dilating, the works.

the sexual response that gay men have is not a concious decision that has to be thought about or learned, it's an absolutley biological reaction.

ask yourself - do you ever get a spontaneous hard on? see a woman bending over a desk and her top hangs open, showing you her breasts... and there's s sudden swelling in your pants? you don't think about it, it just happens.... but not for a gay guy. he could watch a lap dance, and get not a twitch downstairs... but see some hunk working out in the gym, and almost cream himself when the biceps are bulging.

sobo said:
if testosteron makes females attractive to one and oestrogen males attractive to one, homosexuality could be explained by a bad ratio of the two. ... changing the hormone ratio could help if i was a bit right about the stuff above, like giving a gay man testosterone could make him interested in woman again

This theory was widely held in the fifties, and many gay men were subjected to experiments to "cure" them. It simply doesn't work that way.

if you bang a straight woman full of testosterone, you get a muscly woman with facial hair, who STILL likes men. if you rattle a straight guy full of oestrogen, you get a guy with liver and pancreatic cancer and shrunken testicles... who still likes Women.

Hormone balance plays no role *whatsoever* in sexuality, and this has been confirmed in thousands of studies. Gay men have a perfectly normal and healthy testosrterone/estrogen balance.

sobo said:
A nicer tone would help to lead a more proper conversation with an obvious amateur in biology. You dont want to sound the intolerant and elitist supremacist you are NOT.

Agreed. hopefully this is a lot more reasoned and less intolerant. I have spent many years studying this material so that I can deate and argue from a position of knowledge, rather than simply having "opinions" like Ice.

Please, do us all a favour. don't take my word for this, read about it, starting the "Genome" and "The Red Queen" by Matt Ridley, two *excellent* introduction books to human genetics.

I haven't read the entire thread so correct me if it has been mentioned before but:

Question to all "homophobes" or whatever you like to call yourselves:

What if you marry the woman/man that you love and have a son together, you give him your love and support and when he grows older he realizes that he is gay and tells you about his feelings.
Would you still continue to give him your love and support?

That'll be all from me.

*edited to correct some shit spelling mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tnega
JACKEL said:
why dont u crawl back under ur rock savage, u cant think of 1 good reason why religion is as bad as u make it look like. all u do is flaming and saying really supid stuff about religion. and u call that discussing? imo ur doing the same as ice, so ur not 1 bit better then him

cool your jets, godboy. You are calling me a Savage when you are the one that hears voices in your head?

1 good reason why religion is as bad as I make it look?

Where to start... how about paedpophiles? the catholic church was aware of many cases of child abuse by it's priests, yet moved them away to protect the priests, often moving them into new areas where they abused more children. The church was aware of this, ALL THE WAY TO THE POPE, and did nothing. They fuck children, but tell us that 2 gay guys can't live together? suuuure.

How about spreading disease? The churches (catholic and baptist) are busily spreading the story that condoms cause AIDS, and that prayer can keep you safe... thereby condeming thousands to death,

How about Islam? in Saudi Arabia two years ago a school burned to the ground, and the girls inside died in the fire.. because they were not suitably dressed to come outside where the firemen were. nice, huh?

and How about Pope Pious (13th?) who congratulated Hitler on doing god's work, and said a private mass for him when he died?

and this is without even talking about the Inquisitions or Crusades!!

The crimes of religion come all through history. You call it stupid stuff? I don't. the death of millions at the hands of god botherers is no laughing matter.

JACKEL said:
well i BELIEVE it is and so says my RELIGION u can twist and turn in every possible way u want to but it's not hijacked or anything.
how many flipping times do i have u tell u before u start hearing what im saying

Here's a great idea - how about you tell me which book, chapter and verse of the bible says that Marriage is between one man and one woman? in fact, for starters, find me a verse that says *ANYTHING* about marriage (other than "don't do it")

run along now, your fairy story book is waiting.

Wintermute said:
run along now, your fairy story book is waiting.

:\ don't particularly agree with saying stuff like that tbh m8

although I do agree all religion is a farce. and that homophobes are lacking mentally.

Reactions: Tnega
Wintermute ur making urself look like a joker, asking for respect for gay ppl but just laugh at religious ppl, implying they're plain wackos hearing strange voices in their head, just because u feel that way don't mean that is the correct way to live and the only way to live.

Last edited:
Wintermute said:
Okay, one thing - men do not become gay in prison. men are raped and assaulted, and adopt a psychological reaction which is specifically to survive. Gay men can have an active sex life and enjoy it - prison rape victims who give in to avoid being killed are usually never capable of a normal sexual life ever again.

You just can't compare victims of horrible violations and rape to people living in the outside world.
AFAIK in german prisons (dunno if all or actually just a few of them) there were condoms handed out to make gay sex safer! so if police itself supports it it doesnt look like rape in my eyes.

biology:
I think to know that evolution is basically mutation, with the genepool actively changing, so a higher degree of similarity is bad for that (see monosexual plants for instance)
another case of temporary change is a modification ( i think i learnt that once) with the genes remaining THE SAME but still attributes are different because some genes are influenced more than others or maybe some were even supressed.

If homosexuality was gene-based it would be passed through generations like a hair-colour or finger-shape.

As Menace mentions, there are situation when completely heterosexual couples produce homosexual children. I dont think its a recessive (was it called that?) genetic attirbute that only appears every so often when mixed with another recessive attribute and not supressed by the dominant attribute of heterosexuality. For that to be true I believe the percentages of homosexual people far too low.

IMO this proves that it is acquired, either by modification or because its not to a BIT gene-reliant.

something that is acquired, is only so because we CHOSE to do particular things that led to it or because others CHOSE to raise us, educate us, treat us in particular ways and/or expose us to particular situations/things.

Menace:
I cant answer because at this point I wouldnt want a child at all. When Im ready for that views on things will have changed. atm Id of course not deny the child but let it know that it is not normal.
A harsh comparison: maybe a child has a certain disability. I would support it but I myself and I think the child aswell would know that the child is not normal.

sobo said:
If homosexuality was gene-based it would be passed through generations like a hair-colour or finger-shape.

two words. BULL and SHIT. there is a lot more to genetic procession than the kiddie biology you get in high school.

you had your chance to actually listen, read and learn, and what do you do? more "I think". guess what? noone CARES what you THINK. We care about FACTS and TRUTH.

Go read a book. Until you can talk intelligently about the subject, I'm through wasting my breath on you.

Anni said:
Wintermute ur making urself look like a joker, asking for respect for gay ppl but just laugh at religious ppl, implying they're plain wackos hearing strange voices in their head, just because u feel that way don't mean that is the correct way to live and the only way to live.

Anni, get over it.

Religion is a joke, and the sick punchline is when people believe the bull. whether someone is gay or not is a state of being, like the colour of their skin. Religion is something that people choose to do.

and yes, there are very good reasons to believe that people who get really into religion *ARE* wackos.

Because you don't like it doesn't make it untrue.