Gay Marriage

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ice said:
it's not spouting, if you read my post about how alot of gays behave and look at your own posts, you will see that they match :P
That was based on one experience with a gay guy in your class?
I can't say I've ever seen a gay person act like that, to be honest.

Not strictly on-topic, but this thread has been great to see people's prejudices "come out" as it were fnar fnar.

It's even more amusing seeing who leaves their name when doling out +/- rep points, and who doesn't. Kinda confirms my prejudiced opinions of certain people posting in here.

As usual, Jolt 1v1 iDM for anyone who think's they're hard enough/wants to be zw0n3d.

:rofl:

Reactions: NiGhT_owl and Ice
ive only known 5 gays in my life, all but 1 are really nice people. They r my friends, except the one who is a twat, but we all get twats. U get 5 people off the street, and at least one of em gonna be a twit, so you can judge all Gay people by ur one experiance.

You talk so much crap wintermute, unbelievable :) You contradict yourself by saying that religion is crap - as you have one yourself aswell. Your so narrow-sighted. Are you afraid to believe or something? Wtf is wrong with u dude :) Pisstaker anyway :)

(Btw, winterpuke. You are as crap at discussing as everyone else here. Backing up your flabbergasting opinion about religion witha crappy search machine, about some priests fucking things up. do not represent a religion ;)
Its EXACTLY the same as stating the following: there are ten million gays. 250 gays have misused children. Being gay therefore is pisstaking. Noone should be gay.)

Last edited:
Mido said:
nah bs, u mean u shudnt marry when ur not religious? Thats bs, imo, but well ^ that was also ur opinion :P

naah not saying that dude, i said marriage was for male female and not same sex thin, better get on with ur homework edje :p

JACKEL said:
imo u cant seperate marriage from religious things cece.
That's your opinion Jackel - The governments of Europe do not agree.

In each of the member states (and particularly, in the Netherlands and the UK) there is no need whatsoever for a marriage to be approved of or blessed by a church.

In both countries, as in all Western nations, marriages can be carried out by a member of the clergy, but are not legal unless they are also registered with the state. You may believe that a couple are married when they say "I do" within a church - this is not correct. They are not legally married until the correct paperwork is filed with the Register of births, Marriages and deaths (UK name)

Many people can, and do, choose to marry legally by registering their union, but without ANY church blessing.

Oh, and for the record? Civil unions of non catholics are recognised by the Vatican since the Vatican II Council in 1965. Two catholics who marry in the civil ceremony, but do not take part in a nupital mass may be excommunicated from the church, but even the church accepts that people who marry in a civil ceremony are legally married. Most of the other major churches have recognised civil marriages as well.

Jackel, you have said that your religion says that marriage is only for men and women - I have asked you to tell me where in the bible it says this, and you have kept silent. Have you looked?

W.

PS> Are the rules of P & S actually being enforced, or has the debate sunk to the level of farce? I have posted supporting evidence for almost all of my posts (and can do so for the others), whilst pointless posts like Pete's (with no substance, no supporting evidence and frankly, nothing more than a personal attack) are allowed to remain unchecked?

-AmaZ- said:
maybe read wut i wrote first ;) >DUNNO ABOUT EUROPE :uhh:

And who are pedofiles ? Surely they arent straight men are they ? And pedofiles fuck boys , am i right ? Most people would know that pedofiles are gay men , simply more aggresive and mentally disturbed :o

:sigh:

Wintermute said:
That's your opinion Jackel - The governments of Europe do not agree.

Jackel, you have said that your religion says that marriage is only for men and women - I have asked you to tell me where in the bible it says this, and you have kept silent. Have you looked?

W.

PS> Are the rules of P & S actually being enforced, or has the debate sunk to the level of farce? I have posted supporting evidence for almost all of my posts (and can do so for the others), whilst pointless posts like Pete's (with no substance, no supporting evidence and frankly, nothing more than a personal attack) are allowed to remain unchecked?

will search fot it, forgot about it cause it was crimbo.
and agree with the last thing

Wintermute said:

Slightly off-topic, but everyone once more got what they deserved here. I am not singling anyone out here, so don't take it that way Wint. There are, or were, several mods here at one point who kept things on topic. Bluey gave up/was forced out after repeatedly being subject to abuse by posters who resented his being a mod/his views/his cleaning up their posts. Same for myself. Amusing really, since all that was being done was the stated rules of the forums being enforced.

Modding this particular forum was always going to be a poisoned chalice, because some people are simply too immature to accept any criticism of themselves or their views, but turn 'round and complain like mad when other people give them a dose of their own medicine (albeit in a less profane, and more witty and intellectual manner) which their little pea-brains can't handle. :D

So, this forum has sunk to lowest common denominator, where everyone gets ruder and ruder until Martz goes on a banning spree or closes it for good.

Thuringwethil said:
Same for myself.

Actually I always thought you were an excellent contributor with opinions I found very interesting, well thought out and presented- whether I had an opinion on the subject or not- sometimes fighting your corner with clanmates who disagreed somewhat fervently (I'm sure I don't need to mention names). And then you went absolutely bonkers for a bit and now you're apparently back to normal.

The only fine line to watch out for is a moderator expressing opinions in their own forum which is a conflict of interests.

If you want to contribute to the P&S forums, don't moderate it I reckon.

I usually take the line here that if I post in a thread I wont mod it, in particular in this forum. I dont think there is a need to not post in the forum completely.
But I tend not to moderate stuff anyway, thats what the moderators are for.