First impressions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

found it already :banghead:

insta is very nice indeed but i dont know why they didnt put in the old shock rifle in as insta rifle

i mean this one:
2k3shock.JPG

"When this game is two years old there will probably be graphics cards out there than can play the game with everything cranked up and a ton of action on the screen at 1280x1024x32bit at 95fps. But there aren't any machines like that right now just like there weren't any machines that could do that for UT when it shipped. That doesn't make the game any less than fun or ground-breaking than it is. "

-Mark Rein

Is it just me reading this wrong or is he saying be happy with 640x480 until they invent something which can play the game we've made?

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=2330570#post2330570

when i had UT first of all i was on a pii 400 with a voodoo banshee
:)
playing in 640-480 16 bit lol

so yeah i kinda know where he is comeing from

hhm bit strange
so his is making a game that we can play in 2years with full details
bit stupid imo but oke...
it runs "fine" here

lol

I had a tnt2 Athlon 700 and 128 mb ram at first.

i ran UT in 1024*768 , 16 bit colours and medium/high details from the day i got it.

used to run perfectly without any probs and on all maps. After 6 months or so it would die, but id just format and all would be well again.

The only time i had performance probs from that pc whilst playin ut was while i was at uni sharing cable.

You dont need a contstant 100 fps anyways, ut2003 will run fine on a decent pc, at a decent resolution and at a decent detail level!

imo anyway :D

Of course you can't expect to play UT2k3 at the same resolution like UT and still get 95 fps...

And 2k3 @ 800x600 still looks ALOT better than UT @ 1600x1200.

Monk: Maybe he's just saying that it doesnt take 95 fps to enjoy a game :p:

why does everyone want an utlra high fps? afaik u can't see anything faster than 60 fps
not sure about that but i seem to recall reading it somewhere...

I hope i get a decent fps when i get the game :) im happy if i have 60 fps :) so if anyone knows what fps i will get with

Amd athlon 1,3 ghz with 256 mb sd ram and a Leadtek Winfast GeForce 4 Ti4400 128MB DDR pls tell me

"why does everyone want an utlra high fps? afaik u can't see anything faster than 60 fps
not sure about that but i seem to recall reading it somewhere..."

They want a ultra high average fps cos its an average, if it was an average of 60 then youre gonna get framerates lower than that, which means it wont be as smooth. If you have an average of 100 then its more like the fps will never drop below 60

and about the human eye seein 60fps, not completely true, ive seen articles saying that its more like 70 or 80, if i can be bothered ill find a link later - just stick your monitor on 60Hz refresh then on 85 or 100, i can notice the difference, dunno bout you ;)

Originally posted by Uzi-Suicide
snake, its the same as the original UT, i had to run it at 800x600 on my TNT2 to get it playable :p:

haha ya k m8
but i prefer that they make a game what u can run smooth with this generation computers
and i got also a TNT2 on my old pc, i pld there with 1024x786
but erm ok,.... on siege when u look down from top of tower i got fps 3 :rofl:

then dont look from top of siege ya twat :p:

Btw, if they always make games thatll run smooth on this generation of PCs, then there would never be any innovation in engines, which means hardware ppl wouldnt have to make next generation graphics cards etc. So if they listened to you we'd still be playin Doom on 486s fs

id like to see this link about the human eye perceiving that many fps ross tbh :)

and imo any fps 40 and above is perfectly playable, providing it never goes below 40 that is :p:

well tbh, as long as you got a constant 40+ its fine, but id definitely prefer a constant 70 or 80 ;)

ill go look for the link now

Article

K this isnt exactly what i was after, but it does say some useful things, altho i aint read it entirely for a while.

My friend in my TDM clan did some university paper on framerates and what humans can see, As far as i remember he said it was around 75, altho i may be wrong ;)