First impressions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1) shock balls move slower than u can dodge and are so easy to hit, its like you're not even aiming

2) everything is massive like in quake

3) runs nice tho, played smooth on my system @ 1024x768

4) just feels like quake3 with dodging, fighting is gonna be so different now, concentrated attacks etc.

Last edited:
1) rockets r improved

2) flak is ok

3) lightning gun looks good as well altho i couldnt pull off any headshots.

4) taunts are identical

the taunts u see in the leaked demo.. are not the taunts that will be used in ut2k3 tho :P

Ttype loaded in the console and press weapon 0. It's this thing that shoots eagle heads or something lol.

Flak is almost the same IMO.
With lightning gun i can't hit shit, maybe i'm bad, dunno.
Shock balls are too slow, well but monkey already said all this.

I prefer to wait and see.

games looks and plays smooth!

flak is powerfull now tho more straight shot.
lightning gun is SHITE, I had some headshot just noone says HEADSHOT or whatever, it's a old demo beta :)
shockcombo looks great but like monkey said alt fire moves slow!
trans is good thing tho, I like it more like this :D
minigun rocks!

double jump etc also nice but was it me or is UT way faster?

Last edited:
its not the completed game yet, from what i hear lots have been changed since the 'demo' version no way you can see if the full game gonna play the same

No but you can get a feel for what it will play like, all thats gonna change b4 the final release, is final touches and the odd tweak.

It has the same feel as q3 to me, would have liked to have seen the size of guns/player models remain the same as well, feels to bulky and clunky - for lack of better words. All the new robot mutated shit etc should go imo. Takes away the fun in killing.

I reckon you're gonna see more quake-style game play in terms of fighting as well; notice now powerup locations are clearly highlighted even when taken to accomodate the common quake aggresive game style of concentrated attacking and movment between the PUS; watch some decent q3 players duel and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of quakers come over to UT2k3, clearly the developers have put consideration into this.

Last edited:
its very Quake like in some respects the health, wepons look ,and player models , which is a shame but we knew that from the screenies

me and neo been playing it all night on the lan and its a differnt game once you get into it dodgeing and jump combos , speed and game play are really good , shock is slow and less powerfull at the outer parts of the shock ball but there still powerfull if you shoot it more accuratly

and this is a demo with only a few maps , i like it certanlty didnt seam lack luster when we played it online tonight

Last edited:
My 1st impressions were, wtf this is crap but after 8 hours of solid play its more appealing, tweaking the resolution/gfx etc makes the game a hell of alot better to look at. Then getting used to the controls they have put in.. dodge, double jump, dodge + jump, hammer jump, hammer jump x 2, jumping off slopes etc etc its really well done. The action is really fast paced because of these new controls (esp the dodge + jump cus u can travel fukin far really quickly lol)

Hammer launches are still in there, but rocket launches aint :/

Online play for some reason causes horendus lag for me, i dropped to like 15 frames on one of the dm levels, ran fine at 640 but looked gay (hate anything but 1024 fs) Probably the server or something i aint sure yet :) Ran fine on the lan/offline @ 1024 tho..

Shock rifle is slower but u can still do nice dodge combos, u just gotta get used to the new speed. I would prefer it more powerful or a larger blast.. its pretty useless when someone has a minigun or sth :/

Oh and Instagib is mint :D

Really lookin forward to the proper release.

:D

Last edited:
Monk said all :rolleyes:
Agree 99%. I miss clustering rockets. Well, I wont miss it, since I will stick playing UTA.
I was afraid of massive ppl and clans leaving UTA when ut2k3 is released. Calm, that won't happen :D

Pld lavagiant online last night on the syncro server and well it rocks :D

5vs5 and I had a good time :)
they just gotta throw away that lightshite gun!
Rest off the weapons are sweet, you just gotta use them different then in UT :D
There are some servers open, just open console in UT2 and typ open "ip"

also on irc games there are ip in the topic, only bad thing is it are USA server and crap ping.
Syncro server is dutch :D

If people wanne give it a go online. server is still up

ip:130.89.166.73

just open console and typ
open 130.89.166.73

:D