First impressions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

its just a low-budget card...
a friend of me has it, he plays only Q3 and he gets 250fps @ 1024x786.
but for the newest games (ut2k3) he has to run @ 800x600 ot 640x480 and details off or low/medium

Originally posted by -monk-
mx cards not for gaming?

my gf2 mx on duron 1ghz runs ut2k3 really nicely @ 640x480

steady 40-50fps

well my m8 have a gf3mx he have to play with low and 640*480 gtes bout 30-40 fps which i dont think is good enuff i want to play with ultra high and have like 60-80 fps at least =)

didnt know they made a gf3mx ok you can get a gf2mx and a gf4mx which is just upgraded gf2 tech but never have i heard of a gf3mx but considering that the 4 is crap then the 3 must be too ??

You may want to search on google using GF3 MX before declaring there is no such beasty. In certain markets the GF3 Ti200 was known and sold as GF3MX, I think you'll find. Also in early release in Asia they were known as GF3 MX, so maybe he got one off an international site?

It was frequently referred to as a Geforce 3 MX before it was released, but it was never marketed as a Geforce 3 MX, certainly not by nVidia or any of the major graphics card vendors, of course that doesn't mean some obscure asian company didn't sell it as such, but I can see no reason why they would.

ive played the demo too finally
i only played the dm and a little ctf

and i must say the dm levels rock and the gameplay 2

v nice

only funny taunts;)

ermm cant see what it all does really (fps)

higher dont mean your gunna be better

i play gf2 mx 16 bit colour 800*600 and i can beta people with gf4's and all settings whacked up high as long as its above 30 i dun complain

even above 25 is ok sometimes it drops lower tho :/

so no mroe moaning about fps from anyone. :p