Facts about Psy

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martz said:
I have to support him, and any other league admin blindly. None of us have the time to double/tripple check every other league admins work. Nothing would get done then. I always supported Psy on the forums by deleting threads/posts/banning people who were unable to follow the forum rules themselves - that was my support to Psy. If I treated you like an idiot, I sincerly appologise. If there are users flaming the league admin on the forum, then your posts are going to get deleted and your point is going to get missed. Regardless of the league admins actions or inactions - you need to support the community by following the rules and procedure, not waging a text based, forum war against an admin. That will not get you anywhere, as this whole situation points out. Perhaps if I had received any private messages about the types of damage you talk about which I do not see, I would have been aware of it. But nobody "told us so" anymore than coming up with a conspiracy story, flames, and little proof.

If you agree with me or not, it's the way it happened - and I hope it doesn't happen again. If it does tho, NO NOT FLAME PEOPLE! It still amazes me that there are veteran users who do not understand this very basic concept. If you flame or are virtualy violenent/agreesive, people will not listen to you. The same in real life - if I have a problem and walk up to a policeman or member of the public on the street and start screening/shouting and insulting them - they will not care what my problem is until I have calmed down. And most of the people who did have a problem with Psy only flamed him in public. If an admin was investigated everytime they were flamed nothing would get done, and this place would go down the pan even quicker. Finding the balance was the hard thing, and I think it was right at the time. I wouldn't go back in time and start investigating every single complaint of botting/cheating/corruption or else we would have thrown the towel in a long time ago.

And, let us not forget Psy did not found this place, nor did he create the majority of rules. The majority of them have all been in place since Phear ran this league - and I watched him receive exactly the same amount of shit from the community and other players and Psy received. And yet Phear wasn't corrupt in the slightest - but there are plenty of people in ION and Mi5 who said otherwise at the time.

Well said.
Let me just point out that the word "you" in my recent post was meant as "the whole community, with a few exceptions of course" (Including some admins). Not yourself Martz, because i haven´t spoken to you a lot in the past. I did flame Psy a lot in forums because of what he did against me in the past and during his whole time here. Maybe it was stupid to do it in a public forum but you must understand 1 thing here. I actually tried to talk to some admins before i wrote it in public. I can assure you that Mughi remembers some of my complaints against Psy so if you feel the need to know, feel free to ask her (i guess). Or just leave it, because at least i certainly feel it´s over with.
After nothing, or at least very little was done to prevent this because of the admin team having to stick together (which i understand totally) i posted things in public just to let every1 know what was going on and to make myself feel better due to having expressed my feelings and thoughts.

Edit:
P.s.
Sry Mughi for harassing you with "Psy-complaints" for such a long time when you were admin :P

Last edited:
Reactions: Despise
Sorry

Well... looks like i should appologize towards Cratos and the others working on LeagueAS136. Looking at the facts that it was not the LeagueAS136, it has been prooven that it was a hacking/manipulating from outside, so a couple of the discussions and fights about leagueas136 might have been unnecessary.
So here i officially want to say SORRY for the trouble.

*this post does not mean that i am 100% satisfied though :P still few fixes needed - 137 is coming :thumb:*

about the issue (meaning of the thread), i better not make a statement with my opinion, i just want to add that a few posts here were good and well thought about and others were unnecessary and useless.

Lets just hope this does not happen again...

...weel done Admin Team :thumb: keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Reactions: SkullSquasher
I will not deny the fact that he was a good league admin. Even tho AoR and AKA always were flaming eachother, and some ppl in the clan always hated him, I personally never had any probs with him, and he was nice and helping when help was needed...

This however, proves that something just blew up at some point, prolly coz of all the abuse (im not saying all of it was fully undeserved, while mostly quite a bit over the top tho).

What he did is certainly not acceptable in any way, and I hope he has sense enough to stay away from this league from now on. Crashing league servers on purpose is loads worse than botting once IMO.

As for if he did it or not, i seriously doubt all his "alibis" posted (havent read the logs). For one, who is stupid enough to leave a pc on in an empty house for a month? Even with firewalls etc, i can't see any point in it unless your running some server of ur own that is really important. And using neither firewall nor AV? Yeah right.

Yes, when he worked for the good of the league and not on some personal vendetta, he did a great job, but a thing like this is quite unforgiveable. IMHO.

Just my 2 cents

un

:(

Servers are still crashing tho btw. Well, getting major lag then booting everyone, then going back to normal again. Did it last night, and the night before.

Going back all the way to page 2 ..

Useless said:
I find it all a bit hard to believe. I don't think that's Psy, but then I don't know him very well :confused: All I know is I hope he didn't do any of this and that he comes back. UTA needs him I think.

I think we don't. As people mentioned he has brought this league enuff trouble in the past weeks, giving the new admin-team loads of unnecessary work.
This doesn't mean I don't have respect for what Psy has done for the league in the past, and he was always there when I needed him for another silly matter.

I think it was Wintermute who mentioned that FDC were thinking about quitting altogether, with all these servers crashing mysteriously, delaying matches by hours and hours. I've pld a couple of wars where the servers started acting up, and I must say it was really tiresome and making me unable to enjoy the match, and then I wasn't even the guy who had to fix the serv ( /me points at server admins), who had a really bad taste of how their new job was gonna be.

By leaving the league so mysteriously in the first place he caused Basdo (on his own now) alot of trouble, which wasn't good for the league. But then to do all this just because he noticed the league was actually doing fine without him is unforgiveable imo.
All the "shit" he's taken from people was obviously too much for him, and he shud've quit earlier.

Finally I'd like to thank the complete new admin-team (& other people involved), for finding out where these attacks were coming from and preventing even more trouble. Hopefully Timo will finish his new system soon and we can start enjoying matches again in this great league :)

anni.

Great Teamwork admins :)

Nice to see some still cares bout UTA and the league..
I neva kneel for any1.. but in this case i have too
/me kneels for the admins :)

But even tho it comes as a shock...
Psy has always been there for me, to kick botters, help settings servers, he done a great job..
Its v v shocking... and i believe most peps are atm.. :(

Last edited:
Joko said:
:(

Servers are still crashing tho btw. Well, getting major lag then booting everyone, then going back to normal again. Did it last night, and the night before.

Sounds more like a provider problem than a server problem, what servers?

................................................................................................................................................ no way.................

well psy thx for helping me out all those times. N i liked u a lot as a person ... But damn man wtf were u thinking.

Suppose that's why doh was a bit touchy. when i asked to sort the irc chan n (indeed a virus) blocked my incoming messages :/ so once again a soz towards #staff

Tho disapointed in psy, saying shit about the admin team is fucking bullshit.
The entire team seems to be v active n efficient. Including the ones i don't get on well with.

hacked or not psy imo is indeed 100% guilty. Should have at least tried to protect himself.

:hangover:

Psy has always been there for me, to kick botters, help settings servers, he done a great job..

:nod:

I hope everyone who has experienced a server crash or lag or map swap in the last few months isn't going to automatically blame Psy for it. When Psy was here the servers played up all the time and he was usually around to help sort them. When I said UTA needs Psy, I was referring to how on-hand he was to sort problems and answer questions. The current admin team are class but all I know is that whenever I had to ask Psy a question or get an admin to fix a problem, he was there to help even though he was working practically alone. I never PMed him and didn't get a reply, I never PMed him in irc and got blanked, he was never anything other than friendly and helpful to me. Which is why I have a hard time accepting this complete personality change. For someone to do what he is being accused of, that person would have to be pretty fucked up in the head :rub:

Btw what do SpR think of all this? If my clanleader was in this mess I'd be pretty bloody confused lol.

X-Bomb said:
P.S: You fucked over a FxN vs TF match on Bridge @ 6-6 and ill remember that.

Xeebeeeee dont lie :P

you was winning it was 6-2 orso and we agreed to play on 3v3 after slann had to leave then when we made it 6-6 on bridge a 4th of yours entered so tf decided to leave and we rescheduled to another date to finish the game :P

or was there another close game i forgot :rolleyes:

Last edited:
well erm yea ur right, this must have been another game on bridge, and thinking about it i think possibly it was vs SpR! i could be wrong. thanks for pointing it out.

edit: ahh here we go http://www.so-lid.co.uk/fxn/war.php?action=details&warid=101 :P

quote myself,

"The 2nd bridge caused even more problems, We attacked in just under 7 minutes, and were defending beautifully they had just 2 minutes left and the server crashes."

Last edited:
Reactions: KillarTron
its all kool xeebee just keep the facts right :P

oh ppl btw

raichu was in spain somewhere around psy his house during most of these alleged server crashes :rolleyes:

oh yeh virus too :cool: but he was chilling in the sun or was he behind a webcam ;)

Last edited:
as said before the league looks a very nice play to be now, well done admin team all your work is v much appreciated :rub: and to psy :nono: , so lets try and get back to norm and put him behind us :guitar:

SkullSquasher said:
as said before the league looks a very nice play to be now, well done admin team all your work is v much appreciated :rub: and to psy :nono: , so lets try and get back to norm and put him behind us :guitar:

:nod:

tut making posts about getting green ones...

Btw i realy think what some admins said the trouble made the comunity stronger again is true.
I hardly have seen a guy saying sorry or he might be possibly wrong... in the last year and now we see several cases in a single thread :)

I think just about everybody knows how much trouble we in ]UAS[ have had with SpR and mainly Psy. I won't bring all the things up again but I have to say 1 thing. HE was the reason to why 2 great admins left at that time, Mughi and Nephilim. Not me, as some people seem to think.
Right after they left his dictatorship started. I know it wasn't easy for the 2 new admins Basdo and Phoenix at the start to try and stand up against Psy either (when psy scheduled our match on his own for example :\) but they grew into their roles and 2 months later (when it was time play SpR again and as always something would happen). They this time to my surprise at that time, stood up against him (Since you let it slide the first time I/we figured you would do the same the second time.) If you hadn't done that back then, we probably would have left. Who stays in a league where one league admin does everything in his power to fuck you over, everytime you play his clan?

Now I can see and say that Basdo has become a great admin and same thing goes to all other admins. What's there to say to all these guys that are officials? http://www.utassault.net/officials/ That's one amazing team you got there to handle the league :)
You really do a fantastic job. The way you catched Psy too is just :wow: hehe. :clap: I don't think I can find words that are good enough to thank you admins, seriously.

Back to Psy:
I read the whole thread not logs though. All I can say is he knows exactly what he is doing, he's not stupid and he definetly hasn't got any memory problems. Psy is a very smart person. Psychopaths usually are.
Yes, he did do a lot of good things for the league too and spent probably countless of hours on it. But that's what psychopaths do to lure you in. They always want to be in control and that means having total power over matters.
I don't understand how all of you can be so lenient towards him. This is the worst thing I've ever heard happened to this league. He sabotaged it, ruined I dunno how many games, he used so many "friends" to get what he wanted. You could even say he attacked every person in this league. Nothing justifys what he has done.. "He got numerous of flame emails etc" Tell me which normal person would do what he has done?
Think about all the shit that happened while he was admin for this league too. There was always something going on.

Thx bas for letting me add this post too

Reactions: Cratos
glad this thread reopened. coz i didnt see any flames or over the top posts, and its good to read other peoples opinions on how psy was as an admin.

Reactions: Mushashi
just re-opened the thread as some complained about it being closed. deleted like 10 spam posts in a row :shout: please dont turn this into some chit chat topic and try to keep the useless flames out (for once)

Status
Not open for further replies.