Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of points:

#1 wish is saying we can check logs for evidence of him cheating, etc etc

NO.. absolute bullshit, if you are cheating, and have a properly setup hook, it is very very unlikely you will ever get caught. So looking at logs, and in most cases even demos, is completely useless - there are cheats out there which do not get detected and are almost impossible to spot while watching demos (assuming the user isnt an idiot)

which brings me to...

#2 Once someone has been caught cheating, it confirms that they are prepared to use a cheat in the game. This throws ALL trust out of the window. For example, m1c - he has been caught AT LEAST twice, I simply do not trust the little cunt. He has proven to this community he cannot be trusted. Everytime someone like him does a good shot with sniper/shock/whatever.. theres always doubt in the back of your mind that hes dodgy. It is offputting for others playing against him, and I personally would rather see him banned permanently

I accept that he isn't but he deserves all the shit he gets IMO.

@wish - I do believe you haven't cheated in a league game/pug for the time you've said, but you are still one of the people I consider dodgy in the league, and I think your attitude to people and the game makes that worse. I'm sure if I played in a clan with you, or played more games alongside you, I would probably trust you more. Much like I trust pete, who was caught a very long time ago too. I know his gamestyle, I've played DM, iCTF and AS with him, and I am 100% confident he doesn't and never will cheat again.

What the people who've been caught in the past, however long ago, have to understand is that they lost people's trust when they were busted, and they will have to work very hard to earn it back. Having a shitty attitude, like m1c and wish, doesn't help in earning the trust back.. and tbh it results in threads like these.

I still stick by banning the fuckers 1st time from now on.. the game is too old and the cheats are well known enough nowadays for it every to be excuses.. oh and to clarify, I mean any hack, eg a trigger bot, aimbot, radar, wallhack.. anything which is knowingly installed and configured.. should result in a permanent ban... using map bugs, game bugs etc while its not on, it doesnt deserve the same punishment at all.

Who says they are a fair clan Rookie?? Rumour has it one of their players was being looked at for botting but they cant prove it yet. Still ongoing investigation apparently. But of course you wouldnt have space in your mind for other accusations with wish and mic in there. maber might come and deny it but tbh he knows just as much as the rest of us. I am told by 1 of my tdm clanmates aswell so not making this up.

May I ask you where you got this info. Noone in the team is allowed to leak information and, furthermore, there's only a few people who have full access to the forum. Most members don't know about the inconclusive/on hold cases and those who do are very very unlikely to spread these kind of rumors.

hax0rized!?

so who is the cnp guy under suspicion? I would love to know. I would love to know why as well. iCTF > iAS btw :rofl:

I am not going to say who told me or who it is, however I got it from a clan who currently play actively in ictf, ctf, idm, and bt and will be joining tdm, he also plays in my tdm atm. The leader told me himself, who is part of the cb admin team I believe. I am not going to say his name as it would most likely get him into trouble. Judging by the response from CNP guys it seems that they are slightly offended by this accusation (myabe scared of the outcome, who knows) but it shows why its not really fair to go shouting things about people if you dont even know the whole story.

Who says they are a fair clan Rookie?? Rumour has it one of their players was being looked at for botting but they cant prove it yet. Still ongoing investigation apparently. But of course you wouldnt have space in your mind for other accusations with wish and mic in there. maber might come and deny it but tbh he knows just as much as the rest of us. I am told by 1 of my tdm clanmates aswell so not making this up.

I start with referring to Anthrax's (member of Clanbase anticheat team) and Monsta's post.

May I ask you where you got this info. Noone in the team is allowed to leak information and, furthermore, there's only a few people who have full access to the forum. Most members don't know about the inconclusive/on hold cases and those who do are very very unlikely to spread these kind of rumors.

so who is the cnp guy under suspicion? I would love to know. I would love to know why as well. iCTF > iAS btw :rofl:

Like a little schoolboy spreading bullshit
rumours about the girl he didnt get to f**k.

Torp, you just made a fool out of yourself.

cheat once: 3month ban
cheat twice: 3month+ban (admin's case)

in mic's case he cheated twice , wich i was informed the second time wasnt even a bot/trigger and after like 3-4 years of being 'clean' ? the admins look at it case by case and give ban's appropiately (spelling hi) give it a rest or become an admin yourself.

edit: here is the movie where mic used his 'cheat' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

LMFAO that's the link of the year for me :rofl:

????

LOL

Maber you saying this shit to me? Why would I make it up to protect some people who used bots? Are you really that stupid? Look at you all coming in here crying and screaming about how it cant be possible and then flaming me for it. Fucking grow up fucking retards. So glad you have fucked off maber you unreliable piece of shit, go have your tantrum in CB and see if we #care.

????

LOL

Maber you saying this shit to me? Why would I make it up to protect some people who used bots? Are you really that stupid? Look at you all coming in here crying and screaming about how it cant be possible and then flaming me for it. Fucking grow up fucking retards. So glad you have fucked off maber you unreliable piece of shit, go have your tantrum in CB and see if we #care.

So who is it? if you don't care lol

Why should I say who it is? Why would that make it seem more realistic? I could go to cNp roster and pluck any name to emphasise my point. I dont want or need to. I arent here to start rumours, I have no fucking reason to, I mentioned the clan 2 months ago as being ctfers playing in our league and this player knew them and said watch out for *name*. Tbh, this reaction says it all to me and I am now very glad you have fucked off from the league. Crybabies.

It is quite amusing how the cNp players all decided to post consecutively after each other when Torp spoke about the accusation. :lol:

Why should I say who it is? Why would that make it seem more realistic? I could go to cNp roster and pluck any name to emphasise my point. I dont want or need to. I arent here to start rumours, I have no fucking reason to, I mentioned the clan 2 months ago as being ctfers playing in our league and this player knew them and said watch out for *name*. Tbh, this reaction says it all to me and I am now very glad you have fucked off from the league. Crybabies.

You just started a rumour by saying that you daft willy :lol:

Believe what you like Jackel. I dont want to get anyone in to trouble so I aren't saying names. Dont really care who believes this.

:lol: and guess what Smantie, that match report part applied to guess whom..... Maber, yes you got it, aka "Cant play tonight guys I got too much PL, so I am gonna leave you playing 5v6 and I will play pug instead with this PL"

Yeah welldone Smant!

Now post the result between 8 and sny when we did have our lineup :)

Perhaps we (the community and admins) ought to discuss whether we should form some sort of an anti-cheating committee such as ClanBase has. This could either be a temporary committee to assure the UTA community that the cheat protection is in order or it could be a more-permanant committee which consistently deals with accusations of cheating. I don't think it would hurt to work with clanbase with sharing the information of known cheaters, but I don't think that we ought to immediately ban people just because they were banned somewhere else. Members of this committee could spectate people banned from other communities, and if we worked with CB it's possible UTA might get a little more attention over there. The formation of such a committee would shoud the UTA and UT community that UTA is committed to doing its best to rival cheating and if cheating is as rampant as some people say it is they could put forth an effort to catch cheaters (I'm sure the 4 admins currently don't have enough time to check over the hundreds of matches played every day) and give some much-needed peace of mind to the general UTA population.

I just quote this till someone replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.