Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont just put pressure in ADMINS to change damn rule, lets work out in some protections too cause well lets face it when was the last LeagueAS security update ?? 2 years ago ?? How many new cheats have come out since then ??

Thats news to me and Id guess also to the people that have been caught using new cheats on protected servers. Just because LAS is still on 140a doesnt mean the cheat protection is still the same.

well in that case mr cool is probably talking shit as per usuall
:o

But anyway should there be made a poll about cleaning up the people that have cheated in the past.

Go for it, i'm sure me and pete would love to get banned 6-7 years along the line for a mistake we already paid for.

Not only would it kill 1 or possibly 2 stdAS clans remaining, it would cause enormous uproar from quite alot of people.

It would only satisfy the same people who aren't even actively playing the game but just trying to cause more trouble on the forums :rolleyes:.

Your intention was to get some suggestions about changing the rules, and now you're even trying to kick out those who have been active members of the community and keeping clans alive who were extremely stupid years ago.

Really, when will you stop? Hasn't it already been made blindingly obvious to you that the past is the past, and it won't be changed.

How active are you anyway Rookie, I for one hardly see you playing, same goes for sKull and the remainder of your followers.

Yes perma ban em straigth away. 41 47.13%
On the second offence ban them permanently. 38 43.68%
Nah they deserve infinite amounts of chances. 4 4.60%
I just don't care wether i play against cheaters or not. 4 4.60%

At the moment, the majority of the votes are not perma ban straight away, since me, Pete and Amb only ever cheated one time, we have 52.88% of the votes who say ban on the second time or don't care. So, your now ignoring the results and going further to create a new poll to try and take even more action? :yawn: or is this another feeble attempt at getting m1c banned.

It's quite startling the league is slowly dieing yet you are dragging up things from years and years ago, and trying to take action on them in this day and age.

Last edited:
Noticed that ULV, lets see if they stay for a long time, I do hope so, but it's doubtful, if MoD manage to beat them they will probably go emo about someone who botted 7 years ago and leave the league.

ok this is starting to get silly (infact it's not starting but been silly since page 3 or so)

i think this thread has reached it's purpose:

does the majority of the community want to have stricter rules and punishments including permaban when it comes to cheating? yes

however it's bollox to enforce such rules (which aren't official yet) in retrospective and not only due to common sense but also because the admins said so

case closed.

everything else here is some childish private flaming that goes on between certain persons that can't get along with eatch other and btw all of them are cocks, but that might just be my personal oppinion that can be applied to almost 80% of the league (yes i mean YOU too)

so to sum it up:

mic has been dealt with

future cheaters will be dealt with

you can't be banned for being a cock (ok i remember 1 case some years ago... but nvm)

so why not close the thread now? i'd do it if i were a mod of this forum

Wish, as someone who has cheated in the past and, as you say, paid for it; can you please explain to me how botting or radaring or whatever type of cheat it was is a mistake? This isn't a flame or shit stirring, I genuinely want to know how cheat = mistake, because atm I just don't see it.

It depends how you look at the word 'mistake'. It wasn't a mistake as in the sense I didn't know what I was doing, but it was a massive 'mistake' in the sense that I never should have done it, I didn't really understand UTA and what not, and when a guy showed me how it worked, curiosity took the better of me, for this reason it was a 'mistake'

And just for clarification, I never actually 'botted' in a league game. Not sure if you are aware but back then it was required to download a hacked LeagueAssault135.u file and overwrite it with the original. Since i didn't know much about UT at all, I kept this file in my system folder during my first ever (i think) ias game, hence I was banned. Psy however beleived that the LeagueAssault135.u hack was a cheat in itself, but I never actually botted in a league game.

I was banned for going on for a year if i remember right, where I played Deathmatch in clanbase alot, and some CTF wars etc. I didn't enter an assault server for 1 year at least, untill I got an email from Psy saying he was willing to discuss with the admins to lift my ban.

Offtopic, but trying to explain the "mistake".

Last edited:
If the rule is gonna get there it's on the 2nd catch so it wouldn't affect you. or pete. And yeah i would hate to see him go. But then if it meant that it would then also remove the repeated offenders. Then so be it.

You see there's a HUGE difference between you mic and pete.

I don't see Pete bug abusing= 1 and 2 he does regret it. Doesn't gloat about it etc. The I'm invincible attititude. And if i remember right he had more then 3 months as a ban.

2bad Samy got away with it though. And besides triggerbots were new then it was incredibly lame to do and i still think of it that way. But somewhat understandable. But to say the least they are definatly NOT new now.

And that is why i voted for number 1.

But let me ask a different question:

If you were an admin and instead of m1c it was me caught using a bot for the 2nd time what would you do? a 3month ban?

sorry off topic

thx Rookie
it´s like in the old days
i didn´t see so much action 4 a long time now m8 :D

general.jpg

It's true to be honest. When will it stop?

Quit constantly bringing up the past. Has anyone seen Wish or anyone else cheat recently? Logs? Demos? Pics? any proof at all?

I think not.

Seriously, what else do you want? were in 2007 not 1999.

Wish, as someone who has cheated in the past and, as you say, paid for it; can you please explain to me how botting or radaring or whatever type of cheat it was is a mistake? This isn't a flame or shit stirring, I genuinely want to know how cheat = mistake, because atm I just don't see it.

Mistake as in realizing you did something you shouldn't have in the past. Is this really needs further explaination for you?
If a guy gonna steal and go to prison for it, after 2 years he might realize it was his life mistake to do so.. or whatever.
Just an example of 'mistake'

If you were an admin and instead of m1c it was me caught using a bot for the 2nd time what would you do? a 3month ban?

To be quite honest yes I would. Rules are meant to be consistent throughout the league, and a players reputation should have no influence whatsoever on the punishment he recieves

XB7 please quote for me that they said it's not gonna apply to past cheaters. I read so far that they doubt it will happen nothing else.

Not saying it hasn't been said just haven't found it

It depends how you look at the word 'mistake'. It wasn't a mistake as in the sense I didn't know what I was doing, but it was a massive 'mistake' in the sense that I never should have done it, I didn't really understand UTA and what not, and when a guy showed me how it worked, curiosity took the better of me, for this reason it was a 'mistake'

And just for clarification, I never actually 'botted' in a league game. Not sure if you are aware but back then it was required to download a hacked LeagueAssault135.u file and overwrite it with the original. Since i didn't know much about UT at all, I kept this file in my system folder during my first ever (i think) ias game, hence I was banned. Psy however beleived that the LeagueAssault135.u hack was a cheat in itself, but I never actually botted in a league game.

I was banned for going on for a year if i remember right, where I played Deathmatch in clanbase alot, and some CTF wars etc. I didn't enter an assault server for 1 year at least, untill I got an email from Psy saying he was willing to discuss with the admins to lift my ban.

Offtopic, but trying to explain the "mistake".

Fair enough by me, cheers.

EDIT: Just saw this.

Mistake as in realizing you did something you shouldn't have in the past. Is this really needs further explaination for you?
If a guy gonna steal and go to prison for it, after 2 years he might realize it was his life mistake to do so.. or whatever.
Just an example of 'mistake'

Nope, no further explanation needed. I asked WISH for an answer and got one. Problem solved :wave:

EDIT 2: Quoted Rookie instead of Wish, sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.