AS-vampireAL Released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i mjust was too lazy to ask cuz often the mapmaker doesnt answer but ok i deleted it and i said in m ythread that i didnt make the map just edited it but ok its removed

its something you've got to do.. its kinda like saying i was too lazy to pay for the food at the restaurant so i just walked out without paying coz they don't always get me the check ASAP :D

I played that "AL" thing and didn't notice anything different?!
Except that you removed my beloved devilfishes!!! That's not acceptable at all. And where are my cows? :freak:
You haven't made any "smart" changes! :shout:

Sorry, I'm still alive and making more mapps :redeye:, so I can make a new version if anyone wants it for AL.

Edit: I'll check the new version.

AS-Gladiator
gladiatorCow.jpg

Last edited:
Originally posted by Doc_EDo
If anyone wants a mod then use the e-mail that you can find in the text file to ask me about it.

I bet you wouldnt allow anyone to modify your maps, and I get your point, you are the original author, etc... But this way you are ruining a chance for your map to enter the best assault league in the world atm. Do you prefer to promote your work on DAMIT servers? :eyeroll:
She never got full credit, nor claimed that she was the author of the entire map, just some fixes for league playing.
Well, maybe to switch the author's name at the map info was a bit lame lol.
Why dont you try to talk to her and reach a solution?
She would reset your nick as map-maker, add the txt file again with a note "Mods for league assault by Franziska" etc...
If you become known at this community you might get more help / support for the assault mod you are developing for ut2k3 ;)

To fix a map for league playing doesnt mean to create new awesome buildings for the map to demostrate your UnrealEd skills. Just some weapons and item balancing to avoid spamming / camping and give a fair fight attackers<->defenders.
Cows and fishes .... not for a serious league map.
Her changes are not "smart"? I think its the only definition for them.
Undoubtedly you know a lot about unrealEd, your maps looks very good :), but prolly you dont know how our league works, what we like, what we hate, what a map needs to be played on this league.
If you still dont like the idea of someone modifying your maps, let any experienced player on this league advise you, u make the changes, and your maps may enter our league, which benefits you ;)

I think it was a pretty crappy thing to do.

If having a few cows and fish makes a map "not serious for league play" maybe you should relax a bit.

But the fact remains, that she stole the map and presented it as her own. I don't know what her original message said, as it's been edited, so I don't know for sure if what is there now is what was originally posted, but if she removed all mentions of the original authors name, then it seems to me that she made an extra effort to steal the map. That's just not cool, and Doc has every right to be pissed and not wanting to let others mod his maps now.. what's to stop someone else from taking off with his hard work?

Do you prefer to promote your work on DAMIT servers?

And what's wrong with the Damit servers? More people are seeing it on the DAMIT servers then are seeing it on your servers... DAMIT BAM is rated 2nd by TheCLQ.com (12 places higher then your match servers)
and DAMIT Custom is ranked 7th (still 7 places higher then your match servers)
Oh, and while on our servers AS-Vampire is ranked 28th in play time.

so again, what's wrong with promoting his maps on our servers?

hey lets not make this into a damit server v our servers, our match servers are just that mainly for matchs (yes i know they open during the day but normaly empty) tbh if it was gonna be hosted on a euro server then jolt servers would be the way to go as these the most played euro servers (imo) nowt wrong with damit servers just we euros don`t ping that well to em a lot of the time. Personly iam more for better copoeration between euro and us assaulters but your never gonna see lots of euros playing on us servers and same is true the otherway round (yes i know a few usa players in the league the more the merryer) what was done might of been lame (dunno not seen al version) but lets move on from that and try to get the map in the league with doc_edo`s help or blessing

I find this very unacceptable. AS-VampireAL has not been released, so this matter is technically over. All the people over at WorldAssault should, know just like the utassault.net members here that you cannot release someone elses map without prior consent from the original author. Bang out of order.

I'm sure we would like to see an AL version, but only if done correctly with the respective mappers consent. I don't think Franziska can be trusted anymore to be honest, if that is her genuine nickname.

Sorry. I wasn't trying to be rude, it seemed, that the statment was made sarcasticly, judging from the "rolly eyes" smilie after it.

I think we have pretty good and popular servers and promoting a map on them isn't really a bad thing.

Doc's a reasonable guy, though, understandably pissed at the moment, and I'm sure he'd be happy to work with people that want to honestly use the map..

Originally posted by Ajax
doc you still gonna work on an assault mod for ut2k3 ?
I've formed a team to port assault to UT2k3. We need more mappers and coders though.
We would try to make it play nice and perhaps introduce some more scoring for good teamwork.
We would convert some UT mapps to UT2k3 too (if we get the permission from authors).

Every1 have a look at AS-Gladiator , allthou its a beta its allready looking really good :D
This map is huge, but it has many launchpoints and u can skip the couple of first objectives by a succesfull launch.
Great map so far, hope u finnish this1 soon Doc :thumb:

It didnt mean to be sarcastic. I like DAMIT servers and I play there a lot despite of the crap ping I get from eu :\
Too many players might make some maps spammy, also is common to find lots of cow skins flakking (=noob 95% of the times)
Tons of new maps, most of them wouldnt never fit for any league, but funny maps i must admit. Your servers are good to have some "different" assault experience.
Sorry if my comment did bother you, but I still think that a big and "serious" league like ours is better to promote a work, coz the it would need certain quality level to be part of the league.

the problem with trying to promote a map on DAMIT servers is that not many UTA clanners go there (afaik) and therefore, it isn't too likely that it'll ever be seen in the league or on jolt, orange, etc

btw, what's wrong with cows? don't u enjoy sniping the little rabbit things on saqqara :lol:

Originally posted by Inferno
btw, what's wrong with cows? don't u enjoy sniping the little rabbit things on saqqara :lol:
Yes I do, then i get distracted and my head blows, thats the problem :D

Cow and Skaarj skins are lame and childish imo. Typical noob skin btw. They think its harder to get a headshot by using the cow skin, and its + - true. Its also hard to know where the hell a cow is aiming / which weapon is carrying. Plus his half-height might be an advantage in certain situations, ie, ripping lava2 from the window.
Skaarj dodges are too confusing for def, same anim for side dodge and front dodge.... bah!
Force Default Models ON it not a solution, you get weird effects.
Both should be banned from the league imo. But ok, this is a bit :topic: here.

delete it now from the server or not?

cant release as-bioassaultal also cuz grz didnt give me permission although nowhere was my name in the whole file
grrr shit just had fixed spawn bug and removed spam

thx for backup psy yeah i juste deltetd author and put my name in didnt think about that it was automatic and stupid but i even would release fixed map versions witout my name anywhere

Last edited:
well i think i am still banned on DAMIT, they kept kicking me first and then they banned me, coz i fragged their asses off with a 300/400 ping? well if i get banned for that, then it are shite servers lol...

but thats a long time ago lol

blah bleh. servers are servers. don't like 'em, don't play on 'em. even if you don't put your name on a file, theres always the thing of misrepresenting the other tbh.. if you were to put out a 'UbermapAL' for instance, and you for instance moved a few thins around, even fixed bugs and didn't even include your name, well then thats still not THEIR work.. so its kinda misrepresentation and what not. in any event, my heads feelin funny like, so bleh.