As-undergroundlabs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sobo

Not always sober
Jun 19, 2001
Saxony, GER
yet again im in a mood to again

ive added a bit to my map again and the first half of the map (getting in/doing your stuff) is nearly done
getting out will probably be an outside part (it lacks of big areas and launching comes short in this first part)

ill post some screenshots in some minutes i think

The map can be played on the DFP server, however there is still the alpha1 on which is really bad because ive hadded a weird objective there with 1 billion health:rolleyes:

Now that ive got a central core objective i can temporarily use that one as a final objective giving it a playability. Ill be done with that in alpha2. ill add some additional paths at the end in alpha 3 or also in #2 as soon as ive made a playable version ill send them to DFP, so you can have a look.

ok thats the first area. two long tunnels, where the attackers come through, i think ill jam one with boxes and rubbish which is however still passable tho nice for sneaking through

Attachments

• shot0016.jpg
    shot0016.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 283
a bit later on:
here is a small room with a terminal from whwere you disable a forcefield

Attachments

• shot0017.jpg
    shot0017.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 283
disabling the force field will fuck up power on the whole level temporarily:

Attachments

• shot0018.jpg
    shot0018.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 279
a lift leads down to level 4, from there on the map starts looking significantly better, ive used pretty simple shapes before that
heres a door opening:rolleyes:

Attachments

• shot0019.jpg
    shot0019.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 269
a view from the defenders: this area is maybe a bit spammy but ive added no ASMD for the defenders there

Attachments

• shot0020.jpg
    shot0020.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 269
these are the foreign materials that are to be secured. ive dont that just now, so it looks a bit odd
Thats the core objective for now. ill add two alternate paths to it, which however have to be opened first from a switch (similar to sniper nest door in ballistic)

Attachments

• shot0021.jpg
    shot0021.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 263
time is set at 16 min atm. this is probably not ideal for this part. maybe i will set it down to 10 or something when i release the alpha

thx, seems ill need a day or two to sort some BSP bugs
for example: Ive got 1 uninterupted poly with 4 vertexes, devided into 23 nodes fs!!!!

kooma ill add detail when im working on beta, but for now ill just finish the map :P

anyway even now with that low details mi getting BSP holes :eek:

just seen it, and ur skills with the ED are quite good, you need to force yourself to reach a higher level though... this is a really good map for a starting mapper but as of gameplay, the map is too flat and too empty and.... oh well i think you know all that anyways....

bet you could make really good maps soon because this is a nice start but i don't really see too much potential for this map, if you need idea's or anything hit the red flower below and gimme a kick on ICQ....

and that last ob, wtf? i couldn't end the map on my own cause i couldn't pile enough rox in it in over 13 mins :eek: talkin about "too much health"

from the screenies he isnt a newbie jan, dont worry sobo wiv jan at your side you'll have the map finished 2008 np ;)

only joking the wee dutchmans full of info which does actually help the map play better :)

I know it's hard to take advice of people u dont know especially non-mappers but he does know what hes talking about gameplay wise...

and once u get to know him you'll soon realise paa' was right :P

As ive said, i will add details and many things after i finsihed the map ,ie when i have the first beta
also the outside part will be a lot different form the inside

and i also said this is my first map meaning: the very first part was made of a few cubes with moved vertexes, few movers and lights. unscaled brushes/textures and so on. later on ive used better features causing the map better to look, curves, richer textures and stuff. Im really a fan of texturing by now which i hated when i started it

jwer: i said it had 1 billion health, i put that in because when i didnt have another objective and wanted to playtest the map it always aborted after i got the last objective (big steel door) so ive put in that final fort which wasnt meant to be destroyed, it should just serve for security so i could also look around the farther parts of the map
no ive removed it again and added a real objective.
As i said i will add two more paths and a bit details and then release alpha2 :)

jwer thats not lack of skill but of inspiration, when im finishes with what i could think of myself ill come back to you and ask you what i could add in detial :)

when u say its your first map and looking a tthe screenies u havent been copy/pasting brushes like humph have u mate? that causes duplication errors further along the line if u have, if not then nice i'll ge the beta of jan tommorrow if possibl, looks v nice from screenies :)

details always last for me aswell btw.