As-undergroundlabs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

yep, since i decided to finish the first part first of all im a lot more enthusiastic and spend more time :)

ive moved first def spawn to a cave (a bit off) added some detail to second room and a second way to room 2 screenies soon

very impressive i like the new ideas not just standard "destroy that comp or touch it do whatever you want with that comp" object :D

ladders, completely different textures - wow :)

only thing i thought could be negative is that it looks like lot of spam but cant really tell that from pictures so ill wait for a beta or something :)

a bit spamminess is necessary, ive moved the def spawns farther away, it was less spammy the first objective would end up like the last on submarine base: its also narrow and spammy but too many paths there. as def is farther away now watching all three paths is more difficult

second attackers' spawns are also farther away from the doors now so they wont walk in with a spawnprotection ;)
defenders first spawn dont have mini anymore, that was too spammy. they have a flak cannon from start on might be a good weapon to get a save but not for spamming the tunnels. a bit off theres a pulse gun/RL and to another side a small snipers room

for future my thought was putting a second part to this map but as some of you are already complaining about it being too big. ill finish this and start to beta it. the outisde part could be ulabs][ or something. which starts where this map ends. so thats its one story

for beta1:

-ill move defenders' 2nd spawn farther away and also add a lift in the second room (probably not a lift but something similar)
-ill work a bit on the equip placing, particularly 2nd room.

having said that. I hate stoic ethics, not because theyre bs but because i need to put up a referal about em about 60 min :\ for tomorrow :P
friday night theres a party, saturday is birthday party, on sunday ill be hung over... but thats the usual mood im mapping at because i cba to do anything else then :)

Ok, for those who are interested, expect a beta next week.

:lol:

you might be able to play it if someone offers 3 or what megs of their webspace to host it. or be lucky and catch me on icq and hope my bro doesnt have eMule running

as promised (though i had to give myself lazy ass a kick) new screenies of part2 :D

First of all the first and second defenders spawn are completely different (i didnt like these cube shaped odd rooms)
First def spawn is in a cave in the rocks (where they have got a flak canon)

1) you can see first def spawn on the right they have two ways to access the combat. one shown here (shield, rl or also pulsegun in the red passage av here)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 60
2) the other way leads through the def sniper nest. ive tried to give it a relatively restricted line of sight - you can hit attackers from the left part of the right tunnel (seen from this pic)
theres also a door in the nest so defenders can get out.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 61
3) i thought that door netween outisde area and seonc room was far too spammy. ive added a second way leading through this glazed tunnel or whatever you wanna call it.
attackers second spawn also arent=defender first now. they are spread a bit: 1 near asmd (left tunnel),1 near defenders first spawn, 1 right tunnel, 1 near shieldbelt i think.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 59
4) the second room has a second level too which is a thick ring at about half height that glazed tunnel leads to the second level. defenders second spawn is show in this pic. lower route leads to lower level, the route next to the minigun plateau whatever leads to higher level.

ill add another possibilty to get up to level 2 during combat. so far you can only hammerjump or use one of the two slow lifts

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 59
5) the second room . theres also a big column with some beam in there, completely useless only some eyecandy, might provide a bit cover though

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 55
6) last picture about second room the room that was previously located just right through the second roo is now second level and also much bigger. in fact ive deleted the old one and maken a new one which i hope can still give a little combat

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 53
another pic:
jwer complained about that tunnel, it was round but why? ive added something now, not completely useless but largely :P it contains a shieldbelt in the water (its filled with water)

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 52