AS-SnowDunesBeta

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

rofl luv u 2 darling ;)

maps done btw im just gonna spend tonight checking everything then jwers gonna test it to death then we will release it, when its all perfect.

Munkz im trying to make a crate wiv your name on it but it looks crap, have u made anything i could use?

Munkz allready had a crate in it from the start but he didnt like it coz his name was on the bottom of the crate :P

i think he was implying im a noob cunt gaz else i wouldnt of mentioned adding coronas if i didnt play wiv em on.....

Munkz im shit at texturing so your gonna have to make do wiv this crate :P

Attachments

• shot0192.jpg
    shot0192.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 129
I'm gonna use coronas in my levels cos i have to stare at the map longer than anyone else does and i want eye candy while i work on it :P + i like them....

jwer has the final copy of the level we just have to test for bugs and fix em now if there are any, then we'll release it.....soon.

we've got 11 days b4 that mapvote thing i think, so it will be done no matter what b4 then.

so have you also used actor fog ? (the one in the light settings)
because i think not many people are using this (volumetric lighting)

i dont use fog no..........i know about editing + peoples game settings mate none of this is new to me :P

i read all the tutorials and memorised them when i started mapping........ie never put fog in a sky box, fog slows fps, blah de blah....

coronas....some of the ones that ive used are just visible lights with a different skin, i made em like that so they dont get bigger and smaller as u get furhter away and closer hence they dont slow fps down and people without coronas set to true can still see some of them.....

we've got 11 days b4 that mapvote thing i think, so it will be done no matter what b4 then.

Muttley I liked this map to start with as you know cos it looked good and it was diferent to most maps. But I got to say - every time I play it now it gets to the tower and then stalls for ages. I know there are a few maps like this with chokepoints that take ages to breach like Asthen or RiverAL but...I dunno I just don't see too many people voting it in if they've played it a lot. I don't want to see it disappear either but the way it is atm I wouldn't vote for it :( Just cos of the bloody tower.

a. with launching the tower isnt a choke point.
b. there are now jumpboots for attack.
c. defence has little or no ammo now.

if we put an alt route in there and people decide to start using launches then the map would be extremely hard to def....

Jwer's gonna test it wiv a bunch of people 6v6 and see if it is still chokey if so we'll modify it or do an AL version or summin ;)

but firstly its been pointed out to me that ssmetal is almost 7 megs so im making my own texture pack and getting rid of all teh customs so hopefully midday today it will be ready for testing again.

At least fps will be better for u now useless ;) ive simplified indoors and out.

Shame tho volumetric lighting really is cool in maps maybe u should add it and if anyone has a problem they can just disable it from the ut.ini

it's really cool when people come out of the fog :]

maybe in my next map mate i've got my work cut out for me retexturing the whole level to remove the ssmetal textures :(

i wouldn't call it "sorted" yet because we haven't tried it but it'll most prolly proove a good step in the right direction ;)

Originally posted by Muttley
i think he was implying im a noob cunt gaz else i wouldnt of mentioned adding coronas if i didnt play wiv em on.....

Munkz im shit at texturing so your gonna have to make do wiv this crate :P

133337!

fankz :jester: