AS-Scarab released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I've added a new spawn point (the house you see in foreground) and moved the switch for the field. You can just make the green light out next to the guard house.

newspawn.jpg

I can easily move it around if it is not in a good position

Last edited:
yeah that looks really cool :)

and yes prof i dont like churches, they are more useless than anything on da world :P

looks fucking class steel anything about flak inside ship ? ;/

seen it used badly on publics 2 or 3 just firing flak down the ramp impossible to get past i know all the other ways too but they are spammed too :x

I intended to make the ship an intensive fire area, not quite spam tho :D I though the various routes would make it ok, guess not.

How long does it take to do the last objective? It was supposed to be quick.

Since some killed attackers will drop flak and rockets when killed anyway, I guess there is not much harm in removing flak from inside ship.

hey steelhorn why not put the switch next too the truck inside the base. Now its in the runway of the attackers. Now i think the forcefield will be constantly down, so whats the use of the shield then;) IMO its too easy to get, it must be a little challange too get it. Just like the snipernest switch in ballistic.

Originally posted by Seeker
hey steelhorn why not put the switch next too the truck inside the base. Now its in the runway of the attackers.

I think it should be somewhere where it can't be defended easily from inside the walls. That will hopefully bring defenders outside. Although if it is too easy they won't risk going outside the walls anyway I suppose :)

I've uploaded a test version:

http://www.infinitegames.co.uk/~steelhorn/Files/AS-TheScarabv2_beta.zip

In it I also made the outside a bit lighter. I removed the flak and moved the pulse to where the flak used to be.

Last edited:
Cheers, I am still thinking about the position of the switch, but could anyone try this version out online with a few people?

Originally posted by thePROPHET!
Have u ever been in a forest where for hours of walking u see tons of the same single type of a tree? No, so.. afaik UT supplies over 10 different (correct me i´m wrong) trees? :rolleyes:
:P
Have u ever been on a starship where people were trying to kill you with flak cannons?

Duh!

Realism is nice but playability is more important
:x :p: