AS-Scarab released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

so far the map plays very nice on pubs xcept for the first run which is imo about 50% too long
it happens that the attackers dont even get close to the main building

ok i played the map several times on pubs
mine "complaints" are

* first spawnpoints are too far, maybe for example u can add a second spawnpoint a bit closer, when attackers breach the area where the truck is. This way defenders will be going out more intead of camping the base, so fights will be more outside
* scrap the foottball thing, sometimes i want to play the map in a serious way. And it doesnt help if half of my team is playing football while atacking vs a defence of 6 people.

well these are my only two points for now, if i play the map more maybe i find someting new. I think the map is very good except for the first part. :thumb:

Originally posted by thePROPHET!
Compile a list with stuff to be fixed, maybe we can convince SteelHORN to do an AL version :D

Maybe us BO ppl should've done a better online test, rather than just doing double launches and pissing about eh :)

If its just the start and football, then I can change it np.

the footy out yeh cause no one takes the map serious in publics in league that wont happen but ruins play when half your team go and play footy :p

i dont like the start, its a too long way for attackers, ow about removing this shield at least or shorten the way of the attackers?
the rest is fine :) just the start ruins everything...

so like it is now, i am honest i dont like it, just footy saves it :)

There are a few things that can be done to change the start but I have never played it on public (connection fucked up a long time before I released it). I'll need to know what the real problem is before I can do a decent solution, like is the run too long or just too boring? :) Or is the switch for the shield too far away?

The switch is prolly useless :P

But, just shorten the attack way, thats what they mostly complain...

hmm, ... make a trigger for base breach (passing security house :P ), and put attack spawn then forward (to the small hills in the way) maybe?

remove the whole football field, maybe remove the whole area, because an empty one just looks ugly :P tie the mountains to the tower =)

and put a crashed space ship or helicopter @ start location in! :D

better idea. just leave the football/soccer field/whatever area lookin the same.. cEPT MAKE IT LAVA :D. then they just die. much more entertaining :)

the switch for shield is totally useless, the attackers spawn too much away, like prof said after the outside entrance is breached, attackers should spawn forward, @this hill near outside entrance and leave the footy field!!!

well the switch for the shield isnt totally useless. The thing is thats its too far away and in a unattractive possition. You rather try too enter base than going all the way too the switch.

But if the second spawn point is put much closer than it will be a lot easier to get the switch. SO i dont know if you should put the switch closer or leave it there, depend on where the second spawn point comes.

Combining moving the switch and having second spawn point could work well. I was thinking of near the guard house too. First time it is touched the shield comes down for however many seconds and the new spawn point is activated closer to the base. Placing the second point is not going to be easy though. May have to put another building outside somewhere to give some protection.

whatever u do: the map has a big potential, now use it instead waste it and u have create another funtastic map like ballistic, move switch to guard house would be fine, and another building outside nearer to the base would rock aswell :)

yeh map is cool bar remove the flak from inside the ship at end i know there's several ways to go but its spammy as fucking hell

i beta tested map steel with rest of bo back then but on publics u got tight small rooms and alot of flak in the area = bad :(

maybe rockets not sure still spammy the changes at start would rock too walking all that way and getting shocked and having to walk again gets annoying a small bunker/building round the side near tims (theprophets) guard house and a switch inside the guard house would make that much better

also with the footy.. the moutains come so far so just bring them all way to that tower stop people playing footy and ruining the map on public servers

ta