AS-Scarab released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

the truck just inside the base is in a great position. I dunno if u meant it but theres a f00kin sweet and quite easy hammerjump into the snipernest place from there :thumb: U need the thigh pads though which is a bit of a bitch.

AS for the trees they do server the purpose to prevent sniper domination on the first field but if ur the sniper they REALLY get on ur tits as theres only about 3 places in the trees where u bullets can get through from the nest. :sniper:

I can't remember why that truck is there. The main jump with thigh pads I had in mind was from the roof / pipe across the base though. I changed the outside area alot mind so that might not even work now :)

Originally posted by 007
Can i just say :thumb: well pld Steelhorn , the maps a lot like ballistic + it rocks :D

A few ppl have said it is like Ballistic. I don't get it. When making it I was adding Throne (my first map) to Mazon thenFrigate.

Thanks for the feedback all btw :)

I should have another released soon, although this is another experiment with gameplay. I've tried to make a 'corridor' map that's not too spammy. It's been sat on my HD for a while, all it needs is an ending and a few tweaks.

Originally posted by SteelHORN
I should have another released soon, although this is another experiment with gameplay. I've tried to make a 'corridor' map that's not too spammy. It's been sat on my HD for a while, all it needs is an ending and a few tweaks.
:confused: ??

Am I n00b or what ... I cant run the map....

It says.... Cant find file for package "Factory"

Help me out guys :)

Thanks Nanko.

It's a texture from Bonus Pack 4, I forgot it was there :)

I'll update the zip file to include it too.

thnx nanko,

now it says "failed to load url assaultbonus.endcamdispatch" :\ wtf is all that about?

Last edited:
I think Scarab is going to be a great map but after playing it a few times now i have a couple questions.

What is the purpose of the shield around the base?

There is a ledge outside the ship with a door going through to the final objective. Does this door open, if so, how?

The Shield is to prevent launches, well, sort of :P

The Door to the "Captains" Cabin can be opened after u destroyed/started the compressor/engine in the Engine´s Room, above the compressor/engine Room there´s a switch (it´s the open room @ end of ship) to open that door for 15 seconds each time u touch the switch (lookout for the red button)