AS-Scarab released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

rarely get spammed to death by the flackers at the stairs, there's so much armor for attack that ur stupid when you reach the stairs without at least 100 armor :p:

easy to get the end objective

i'll check this version now :)

okay here we go:

good improvements sofar, but let's see:

1). how far would a double hammer go if it's set up behind the rock at the house? not sure but you might be able to launch up main building drop down and get the base which is barely defendable..?

2). loose the spawnpoint upstairs in the house (reminds me off the "under deck spawn" on frigate :p: ), make some windows there so you can snipe

3). seeker is right that the field will be down 99% of the time, if that's the idea then okay else put it next to truck somewhere...

4). not too happy with the teleport exit of the initial defence, pretty close to the objective which means that if you kill someone on attack he can teleport straight in and nail you when you are inches of the objective... maybe let it pop out at the three vials?

5). walk into the base, grab the pads, hammer up at the pads and hammer backwards to the switch makes it undefendable unless someone is allready there...

6). inside the scarab there's a pulse and minni ammo but no minnigun? so def has only 1 gun and useless minni ammo?

just my thoughts sofar :)

p.s. thnx for removin footy fs :bowdown:

Been moving house the last week so not done much and not long had a phone line either, ASDL next Monday tho :)

1) Yes u can get 2 roof, not sure about dropping down to upper floor

2) That spawn is useless I guess but how many windows do u want? One upstairs could face the base, not sure it would gain u much tho

3) Maybe too easy to def. when inside so will be up 99% :) Thinking of another way to do it.

4) Not thought about the teleport, only way to know is to try it out. Other changes made may improve it.

5) I'll move the pads further into the base. I won't remove them, cause that makes for a nice trick I reckon :)

6)The minigun is by the 'Main Engines Online' objective :P Killed attackers will drop other weapons, so relies a bit on success of first attack.

Thanks 4 thoughts, they r more useful to me than the couple of arsey polls :D

Last edited:
its a great map

the house was great idea to include ermm the switch for the laser field should be near the truck on that wall u think ? bit harder to get make sure the footy is gone..

thats about it really there's loads of really cool tricks u can do and some very sneaky ones :)

looked again, more thoughts...

1). you wanna snipe upstairs you can sit in the side window, so no real need to make windows there, some ammo might be nice though...

2). as a def, when you die, grab a snipe, take tele, headshot the guy in the dooropening... easily possible, playing the map will show if it's annoying..

3). the rock in front of the house has one sloped edge, which will prolly mean that you can double hammer VERY far, in the doorway or beyond most probably... easily defendable from the defence-door though.. just a point...

4). i'll bet 99% of the clans will have a shockcamper in the doorway, and that is helped by the ammo present there... swap it with the rox ammo outside or summin so people have to run out the base for more ammo...

5). i know at least 3 hammers now STRAIGHT on the switch, which means you either have to shoot someone outta the air or camp the switch to have a chance at stopping them... imo close the gap behind the switch (stops one tric cause there's 200 allready) and move the switch against the wall...)

6). armor/weapon balance towards the engines obj.
Attack: array of weapons, 2 armors and a belt
Defence: minni and pulse, 1 pads...
hard to kill someone with belt with minni or pulse fast enough to stop him reachin the engines..

7). last objective, hard to reach the minni for the defence, i bet by the time you got a minni maps over...

most of these points are minor and don't all need to be changed at all, just helping you think...

(P.S. if you'd add a "touch" gate in the start base you create an easy first objective that makes the attack think they are making progress and so you "roll" more or less into a map.. (a big succesfactor in every GREAT map)

what jwer said... a panel you can touch wich opens a closer spawnpoint!

Maybe an idea is to make another entrace on the side. So the defenders need to focus on two ways and not one. Which creates spam!

i really like the improvements you made so far
still i think some points should be changed

pls replace the stairs at the final by a ramp, when playing it on public and the defence has the time to organise inside the ship theres 3 flak whores up the stairs
now if you start jumping on the stairs to avoid the spam you dont get forward anymore, the problem lies in the engine, in quake you can jump up a stair exactly the same way as on a ramp, but in ut its different

the map is still way too dark most of all outside but also the inside parts

the possibility to open the tower door is pretty useless as it is now
by the time you have the chance to open it you already spawn inside the base, so you loose a lot of time by taking that route and if you take it you still dont bypass the defence, there will be at least 2 or 3 ppl on the hangar button and probably one on top of the large ramp
i think this button should be located somewhere inside the base, maybe where the shield button was, or next to the ramp that leads inside the building, like that the tower would be a real alternative route, and the defence would neeed to place someone inside the toweror they would need to push out of the base, which would give the attackers the chance to overwhelm them

just my 2 cents :)