AS-Dam

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I'm mainly doing 2 normal ways and a 3rd in the form of a launch/boost....
the shape of the dam (roundish in 2 dimensions) makes for perfect launchin.....

jwer_NL said:
lol, when i read these forums and i saw all the "well done" "looks nice" reply's i got frustrated. To me it seemed mappers don't just post here to get patted on their backs, they post here because they are stuck. They have no idea what to make, how to make their map better. I contacted muttley and i told him he was a good mapper, but his maps needed work and i offered him suggestions.

Since then i've been his help. He makes maps on his own but whenever he needs advice, he gives me a nudge and i like it that way. Other mappers now have found their way to me as well, and sometimes ask me for help or suggestions and i'm glad to help them.

since i also have connections with admins, a server to playtest maps on, know people with webspace to post maps on and i know a lot of reliable players to test maps, i've been an appreciated help to mappers now and then. I also DL'ed over 300 CTF/AS maps sofar (still DLin more) and saved all the UTX, UAX and UMX files from them, so i can help with custom textures as well.

That didnt answer his question :fingers:, jwer u involved in politics in anyway? :teehee:

Question....
what would be the very max number of poly's on the battle field?
and what would be acceptable for an overview (more....obviously)?

for very low end comps my guess would be around 350 in a battlefield, overviews i don't really care it's all about what's in sight at one point

Oh LOL.......I was aiming @ 150 for battlefields :)....Might wanna add some more detail (it was looking very empty)

maps looking wicked m8 but as the first image i see leading to the end you say, it seems abit easy to complete from a simple rocket launch then straight to the end, u mite want to make the ending abit longer so its not just launch then end, just an idea to make it less like frigate the quick gay map:p, but looking really nice m8 keep it up:D

Paa` said:
600 i think ?
600 is really big a load of polys.
in spec mode i get around 45-50 fps with this amount of polys and i dont have a low end comp really..
so i think 350 is a nice value to go with, allows for pretty much detail and still, framerates on my comp were great at 300 polys, low end comp could probably cope with it.

I´m just interested if you are one of the mappers who just stop in the middle of mapping because u got bored or something. But it looks like u just lack of ideas :o

I really wish I could finish it.....ffs :(
tho I have made a part you guys didn't see yet.....here you go

btw.....those "wheels" (how u call 'em in english?) ren't turning....as rotating movers don't work with LeagueAS.... :o

Attachments

• Shot0021.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Shot0022.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 77
Japster said:
Rotating movers work fine, check my map, near teleport switch

I know rotating movers themselves work fine.....but LeagueAS f00ks with them......go have a look @ ballistic's fan on an orange server.......

I know they are actually rotating.....but you don't SEE them rotating......

i dunno shit about the ED, but for mapping idea's gimme a shout next week any time, and i'll help out... (i'll be home monday morning)

I've been guided to you for ideas several times already jwer :)
I might msg you in a few days

Tho atm, first priority is to get my PC fixed :(

not all rot moves are fucked, the other fan in ballisitc (the one you can shoot) works ok. though i had a rotating mover in a pervious version of ulabs aswell and it woulve created a tornado if leagueas supported airphysics :)

Isn't the destroyable fan in ballistic actually a static mesh?....

and btw.....isn't this conversation useless :D

sobo said:
though i had a rotating mover in a pervious version of ulabs aswell and it woulve created a tornado if leagueas supported airphysics :)
Link to ulabs ? ;)