AS-Dam

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I know it would be cool to have the Dam blow up with water forcing it's way through.....but I'm realising it would be VERY hard to accomplish that with UnrealED....though I'm gonna try my best :)

eventual alternatives are:
-Big boom + a village flooding
-Big Boom + water surface rising (lame...)
-Make a movie in 3DSMAX...then get it to become a texture for UT (uhm...would this be possible....size-wise?)
--={ You fill this in }=-

thnx for pointin that out snuggs ;)

"mapn00bs" ;) :D

looks nice though pinny, you need help you got me somewhere in one of those lists :P

DaTeL said:
-Make a movie in 3DSMAX...then get it to become a texture for UT (uhm...would this be possible....size-wise?)

if you have 100 frames over 5 seconds 256x256, well might be very big, i doubt people would approve this if the map wont be totally UBER cool

i like the village flooding though, and it would also be really easy to pull off :)

/me shouts alpha alpha alpha, looks nice m8 keep up the work, its my kinda map but make i dl plz so we can see it so far:) ty

sobo said:
do some texturing pls. this looks like frigate :scared:
whocares.jpg

that sshot looks f**king amazing :thumb:

I haven't done any texturing yet...just quickly picked some appropriate ones to make it not look like total crap so you get the main idea of it.

I don't even know what wrapping textures means....I guess it's got something to do with seams all over the place.....

If anybody would want to I do need some help with objectives and maybe some texturing (choosing the right ones)

DaTeL said:
I haven't done any texturing yet...just quickly picked some appropriate ones to make it not look like total crap so you get the main idea of it.

I don't even know what wrapping textures means....I guess it's got something to do with seams all over the place.....

If anybody would want to I do need some help with objectives and maybe some texturing (choosing the right ones)

i can help you, jan has taught me lots :)

Looks like a great idea DaTeL but it would be nice if you kept the swimming to a minimum cos everyone hates having to do it in Bridge and Ocean and Frigate and of course Desertstorm (?). I always thought a map which finishes on a jump off a huge height would be amazing :P Hope we see it soon.

{24}Useless said:
nice if you kept the swimming to a minimum cos everyone hates having to do it in Bridge and Ocean and Frigate and of course Desertstorm

errr..... Where is this swimming in desert storm? :confused: