AS-Dam

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

DaTeL

=]DoG[=Food
Oct 23, 2002
Holland
Okay, I've started a new Assault map....called AS-Dam.
I haven't worked out the whole scenario yet so ideas are welcome!!!

The pic you're looking at is a view from the top of the dam....the crosshair is pointing at the final objective (some kind of power-switch)

In the background you can see a sniperbox...which will be for the defenders at start...and will become for the attackers after a (few) objective(s)

Attachments

• dam.jpg
    dam.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 389
Looks like a good start

maybe u can have some stuff to do inside the dam then work ur way up too the top

like destroying the generators and u can have see through area's with water flowing into fans or something and u have to plant bombs or something..

http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36779

Originally posted by '//3iRd(o)
Hmm ok...

You could make it like the Dam mission on Goldeneye...

"MI6 has confirmed the existence of a secret chemical warfare facility at the Byelomoye dam, USSR.

Its heavily guarded location and workings are a cause for major concern. Nerve gas produced there has been turning up in the hands of hostile regimes around the world and deals with international terrorists have been rumoured.

This facility should be destroyed..."

So basically imo the attack should start their mission making their way to the top, accessing various doors / control panels to aid their way then once the detenators have been placed, the attack need to "bungee jump" back down to an escape pod (you'd have to think about how this would work since you don't want people splatting all over the place - maybe one of the objectives is to fill a reserve pool at the bottom of the dam).

Once the attack reach the escape pod, you see the damn explode and water flooding out (a-la frigate style with the exploding wall, and lavafort style with the liquid pouring out)...

I could imagine a few launches up to the top of the dam being developed tho; so you could have it so that a top door / small building on the top of the dam needs to be accessed via a lower switch / combination of switches (a-la Gekokujou][). Either that, or have some kind of laser field launch protection (like in Snowdunes).

~Cypress~ said:
Maybe the james bond movie with the dam in the begin can help you with new idea's..

Well that's exactly what I based the map on (the dam from Goldeneye on n64)

It seems that in my map the dam itsself is going to be more involved in the map....in the existing AS-Dam it seems that it's used as a bridge...nothing more (where can I d/l it?)

I think I'll call it AS-Damn :afro: :smoke:\

Humph said:
OMG YOU FUCKING CUNT!!!! I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF MAKING A DAM MAP TOO FFS!!! :shout: :mad: :shout: :mad: :shout:
don't worry m8....I'm not too fast with it and usually I don't finish any maps :D:D:D

Last edited:
As for the goldeneye thing yeh my idea would do be going through a base like n64 then proceeding towards the dam then end obj jumping off a point if you like :) or yeah blow it up so water flows out as an end sequence. but take your time , looks promising so far :)