Speed Run Revived

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Argh nice one.. I've tried some runs and also made 1:32.. Used another hammerjump after siege which is pretty fast but this 1 looks like it's faster.. Don't think I can make 1:30, could try when I'll get home tho..

0:3X on Siege]I[ AL
i'll show the time when I think I won't improve it anymore :P just trying to get some more ppl running as well (and now im at anoither PC anyway so cant show any screeny)

Impressive!

Why did you activate the timefuse btw?

basically, why not :) you have to wait for the explosions at the tower door to clear so you have plenty of time between triggering and getting there... some attempts i did (well, tried :lol) some shock-combos on the elevator as well :/
from what I could tell the timing in this run (you can delay the hammerjump to the door) was spot on (any faster I'd be dead)

He masturbates much faster ;)
want to see the video? :lol:

Gladiator][ in 2:15
edit3: and in 2:12

edit: not really worth a video tbh
edit2: btw about WaterFort.... shouldn't we wait until its no longer a beta? :x

Attachments

• Shot0109.jpg
    Shot0109.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Nah, Waterfort won't be changed much any more. If anything it will be defence spawns/weapon placement.

If a new version comes in and it is a lot different then it will just replace the old version with the record reset.

The speed records from DaTeL look in the movie nearly playful solved. I bet you had to try that more often to let it look like that. :D

:thumb: (!) :)

SubmarineBase][ in 0:53
Desolate][ in 1:12
Mazon in 0:20
Gladiator][ in 2:06

:chainsaw:

Attachments

• Shot0129.jpg
    Shot0129.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Shot0137.jpg
    Shot0137.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Shot0125.jpg
    Shot0125.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Shot0115.jpg
    Shot0115.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 20
Wow, couple more records that a few considered at limit and you destroyed them lol :P

Any chance of the clips? I'd like to see them before approving, especially Mazon as I think that beats Konnan's record who used frog jumps in his...

Cross-referenced all your clips I could find. Then I checked Konnan's clips. Now, I can't understand how on earth you have beaten 3-4 of his records despite him using several frog jumps and furthermore, you did almost identical runs. I am still struggling to believe your setup is the same as everyone elses Datel. Are you sure you haven't changed your game speed or something? Even your dodging on your clips, it seems you don't get off the ground :S I am happy to confirm these but this seems really strange as you aren't shaving 1 second off times considered at limit by 5+ people, but you are taking chunks off :lol:

Last edited:
err yeah, here's mazon, subbase and gladiator
deso failed to record (16 kb dem file? :/)... so i'll try to get it again :x
edit: upped new&working version
subbase I'm trying to improve

afaik none of my runs beat konnan's? (ok only overlord :D)

oh and yeah when i replay any dem (thus, when i record anything), the dodges seem very low-to-the-ground to me too.... but during speedruns they look normal

not sure what else could be different on my setup.. coz the latest ones were done on a freshly downloaded OS+UT

Attachments

• gladiator206.rar
    298.3 KB · Views: 21
  • mazon20.rar
    73.9 KB · Views: 26
  • subbase53.rar
    106.1 KB · Views: 24
  • desolate112.rar
    161 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Golgotha and Desolate are equalled. Bridge is faster I think, I found 2 others faster also.

I haven't got a clue about the settings, timo mentioned them in rules early on.

The only reason I am bringing this up is based on the clips that Datel supplies. They show nothing extra than what a previous record was, yet 2-3 seconds are being shaved off.

Take Desolate for example. 1.15 was the record for a long time. uZi got this after several runs, wish equalled it. Twnz equalled it. I then went 1.14 after a few tries and then wish and uzi also equalled this after a lot of attempts. Then no one could beat this for 6months+. Then today Datel takes 2 more seconds off a time that 4 people were stuck on? Hmmmmz

Can you upload to youtube any time soon? I cannot view them demos on this UT :(

P.S. In the 2 maps that Datel equalled, Konnan skipped a lot of the map with 2-3 lost of consistent frog jumping. Although admittedly the trick on Golgotha is excellent, unless there is 1 in Desolate I don't know. Bridge in 42 is equalled, despite Konnan doing 4 lots of frog jumps.

Last edited: