An issue about banning, and new rule?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well html, wasn't you the guy who keep voting for siege3 although nobody liked that pile of shit?
Wasn't you the guy who said: i vote Siege so people can learn the map?
Wasn't you the guy who didn't respected that decision and started two threads about readding siege3?
Aint you the guy who starts a new whine and justifying thread everytime a pug admin farts towards you?

Only because you think IBM selects bad maps doesn't give you the right to reset a PUG mutiple times for everyone.
PUG ain't all about you, if IBM captains you are free to leave it.
Sure IBM has is argueable ways, but atleast he has the nuts to captain.

i tried to make pug better (...)
Somehow that made me smile

If html did not reset, I can guarantee after the first 2 maps 50% of the server would have left. It happens time and time again when IBM captains, picks full custom maps and shit teams (on purpose).

The pug had quite a good list of people signed, it would have been a great pug with 2 non-IBM captains, so I understand what html did.

But unfortunately, their is a rule about resets, hence your ban (I fully support your resets btw)

The thing which annoyed me though (and I spoke about in the channel) is how many people are actually breaking pug rules and nothing is being done. Yesterday at least 4 people broke the 'unfair sub' rule and no action was taken - 8 admins were in the channel.

Admins probably missed it, since according to XB there is a zero tolerance now.

edit: A lot of the replys in this thread do not understand the situation: IBM does not captain because he wants to play the new maps/make the pug start faster

The only reason he does it is to annoy some people, for example html/dede/lucy, etc (yes, I have spoken in PM about it)

He even sets name to "letter-IBMcaptain", volunteering to captain before the pug has even started so he can pick his bad teams and maps the majority do not like (IBM probably doesnt even like them as well)

Last edited:
1 - I don't think you're in position to decide who can cap and who can't.
2 - Every captain can pick any signed player and any map from pug maplist he want's ... again it's not your decision.
3 - I'm sick of your "I will reset if ... " OR "I will cap and pick if ... " attitude. I fully support this ban.

However i must fully agree about picking fair teams but still it doesn't give you the right to abuse resets.
Next time just don't sign and i belive more ppl then you will be happy.

anti said:
why r non league maps there then? for the look or for people to play on it ?

Because Mc is such a nice guy ... everyone is entitled to cap if they want, everyone is entitled to pick whatever teams and maps they want. You can't try to threaten people to get what you want, that's just not nice! P.S. Gareth is a power abusing whore!

Html,

Honestly, even without having pld for a long time and knowing next to zero about pugs (pld a few long ago), your post made me both cringe and crack up.

Rules are rules. Not happy? Then leave the pug. Even if IBM would be a total moron, he would be entitled to his rights. So abide by the rules and stop whining (which you seem to like doing, the whining part...).

:bawling: Mummy, I don't want him to be the captain. If he does, I'm resetting. :bawling:

:spock:

Now return to hiding in your box.

/me goes back to my cave

Respekt the world and Respekt the peoples no 1 is Perfekt ( oki wishje in ut99 ) ;P pld when we @ll have same thinks and brains think thats shitt brb rest is kinda, and no 1 become more flame then me i know woot i say whit my bad english :)

I was there when it happened and told html, if he didnt want to play in a pug with IBM as captain, then he shouldnt sign up. There are people who DO want to play NON-League maps after all (including myself)l. I'm getting tired of playing all the same league maps over and over again.

besides that I think some people take pugging waaaaaaay too seriously. bitching at each other on teamspeak and even calling other people names when they mess something up goes way beyond the purpose of gaming. Most people play it for fun, rather than winning (thats what league matches are for?). Winning is a bonus, but fun is the thing that makes you come back for more. Oh and some people might have to be more 'noob-friendly'! We're not all playing pugs every day. When people don't know a launch or a hammerjump then get over it and play on.

AMEN!

Last edited:
Tbh, I dont think it warrented such a long ban. 48 hours maybe to teach him a lesson but a week?

At the end of the day Pug has been keeping this league just about alive for a good 2 years and as far as I'm concerned, these newer rules seem to be testing the potential of it staying past this year. There are many silly things that people get banned for. The newest 1 where a stronger player taking the place of a weaker one. I mean what the hell, the puggers should just be flippin' grateful there is someone to take that place!

Had this discussion with uzi, mc etc last night. There are almost 10 newish/non league maps currently on the server. These are to be tested or whatever. I can assure everyone here do not have fun playing more than 2 of these maps, although I certainly agree they should be tested. I still think the likes of RiverbedSE, Snowdunes, Coldersteel and Saqqara have had their chance and the decision should be made to remove or keep them. ersonally I like Saqqara but I know a lot dont. Mc said he likes Coldersteel so fair enough. But Snowdunes and RiverbedSE, not to mention OverlordDE and Geko should be removed. Geko is a proas map so why is it on pug? So in summary I think there should be some rule (if only unwritten) where only 2 or 3 maps in total are allowed to be category B maps (non-league or untested).

There was a rule which I still have gripe with now, Sandy got a 48 hour ban for F9ing and had it removed after 2 hours. I had a 48 hour ban for "spamming lols", they just happened to be 4 hours apart. I was told I had to "see my ban out" because MyM didn't like removing bans and kept his word. So on that note, I would like to see more consistency where some don't get banned because they are an admins mate. I think more consistency and the pug would get more active again, and I certainly don;t like this Zero Tolerance crap, you aren't a god or anything XB, you are just a gavel bearer who helps out. Just remember, pug admins theoretically hold the future of UTA in THEIR hands so dont go OTT ;)

Last edited:
Do it easy and keep it simple, dont force complicated situations. Respekt each other. Dont ban for ages. And always talk and explain why and how actions are taken. If someone isnt banned and another one will be for the same situation that does not help either.

If to much is done more complicated situations will always follow.

I didn't read all, but I got banned once for picking Standard Maps :confused:

at least ibm captains...none should complain here since everyone has the chance to captain up and get away from IBM's choices. But none captains, none can be arsed, everyone wants to be in the better team/to be with the better players...nerdy. Ya shouldn't complain about this issue really then.

There was a rule which I still have gripe with now, Sandy got a 48 hour ban for F9ing and had it removed after 2 hours. I had a 48 hour ban for "spamming lols", they just happened to be 4 hours apart. I was told I had to "see my ban out" because MyM didn't like removing bans and kept his word. So on that note, I would like to see more consistency where some don't get banned because they are an admins mate. I think more consistency and the pug would get more active again, and I certainly don;t like this Zero Tolerance crap, you aren't a god or anything XB, you are just a gavel bearer who helps out. Just remember, pug admins theoretically hold the future of UTA in THEIR hands so dont go OTT ;)

I dont mind people questioning the decisions but you need to at least be honest about it. I banned Sandy for F9'ing, it was a 24hour ban, he was informed about it and even accepted it as he knew what he had done. It wasnt removed early as stated you may find sometimes though especially if I issue a ban that ill make it finish slightly early so people can play pug the next day during peak time. ie if I ban someone at 10pm then it may be cleared at 6 or 7pm the next day.
its logged in pugadmins forum so I know this to be true :P

As for html's case, personally Ive not had one person contact me about IBM and his map selections or team picks. Just because you dont agree with someone/something doesnt give you the right to take it into your own hands and continually reset. The resetting part is bannable and you should know that, if anything you could complain about the length of the ban but you seem to be making out that you are 100% in the right and I just dont agree with that. sorry.

well now that some people have mentioned IBM here I think now the admins should watch him....I dont care if ibm caps either but when u play and only know 1 map that is pure crap...IBM couldnt even give us out tactics since none of us new the maps...pls tell me wheres the fun in that??I dont mind playing none league maps but I think 6 in one pug is pretty stupid :P

I should have just taken screenshots all the times ibm captained

I must say that the most frequent utapugers beside wish have remained silent in this thread -_-

get your fucking pants on and stand up for youself, im not hallucinating when I say that 80% of those who have played in a pug where ibm captained have said "fo ibm" at least once either for teams or maps or tactics he made/picked

"PUG ain't all about you, if IBM captains you are free to leave it."

no im not actually when pug reaches captained mode you can't leave, i don't mind playing a pug with ibm, as long as he doesn't captain and ruins it for 11 other people

you guys all talk either with common sense or absolutes.... i use common sense most of the time, yes i was the one to always pick siege 3 to test it, but a 6v6 pug is MINIMUM 4 maps and MAXIMUM 7 i picked a SINGLE non league map that most people disliked, for the purpose of it being tested thorougly (since it was a very complicated map)...... a SINGLE map to test it while allowing the majority of the pug to play maps they already like.

so whoever says "he can pick any maps he want" or "i like to play new maps because other ones are boring" etc...

just look at the majority of the pugs opinion next time someone dares to pick 3 non league maps and you'll see

it's not just me that complained about ibm ruining pugs, but im the only one who was actually willing to do something about it.

there are 12 people signed in pugs, sure ibm can captain but he fucks it up, intent or not, good english or not, HE FUCKS IT UP --> . <--

I cba to sign and waste 1 hour because someone who can't do a proper job captains, I do something about it and im the bad guy? :lol: common sense down the gutter

"Learn German then." the language of the internet is english, its not a crime not to be good at it duh, mine is far from perfect also, but when you get in a positon where your role is to communicate tactics to other people, if you have problem doing it, then why would you....

"Even if IBM would be a total moron, he would be entitled to his rights. So abide by the rules and stop whining"
there again uZi talks about using common sense and there you are talking in absolutes, rules are rules blah blah blah everyone can do what he wants without caring about the majority

well guess what I like dustbowl, I like tydium, I like snowdunes, I like asthenoSE, and I used to like coldersteel
now i captain a lot and i very rarely pick those.... why? because people whine 100% of the time yes 100% of the time when i pick a SINGLE one of these maps....

like I said those that whine when captains pick custom maps and stay silent in this thread, or say "a captain can pick any map on the list" should take a good look at themselves.

Last edited:
But its best of 7 maps, so most he could pick is 4 :P

that was when che captained with ibm

i think we started 6v6 and ended 4v4 without about 50% of the original players

oh and also no one commented xb's verbal abuse towards me even though I have remained completly civilised in all my exchanges with admins

that was completly uncalled for and proves a bias in his actions as admin.

glad to know NO ONES GIVES A DAMN ABOUT IT

Last edited:
Respekt the world and Respekt the peoples no 1 is Perfekt ( oki wishje in ut99 ) ;P pld when we @ll have same thinks and brains think thats shitt brb rest is kinda, and no 1 become more flame then me i know woot i say whit my bad english :)

Well put! I doubt anyone could articulate this so eloquently.

Basically, no one's perfect and most people are least perfect when they captain. Instead of flaming them, thank them for captaining and don't cry about the maps. It really only takes 5 mins offline to get the gist of what a map is like and how it plays. Take the time while you're signed or waiting for caps to play a map or two so you won't be completely noob if that map is picked in pug. There's no harm in that and everyone wins.

I played that pug and only one player subbed. On the last map a couple people (you, dede) disappeared but our team (Che's team) was there. It takes TWO captains to pick those maps, and Che actually has the decency of picking these good maps.... proving that it's not only IBM who likes non-league maps.

oh and also no one commented xb's verbal abuse towards me even though I have remained completly civilised in all my exchanges with admins

that was completly uncalled for and proves a bias in his actions as admin.

glad to know NO ONES GIVES A DAMN ABOUT IT

excuse me, when was this?

excuse me, when was this?

"
<d-salva> lol @ thread
<i-bomb> wot a noob
<i-bomb> some1 tell him this is not NA pug shit
<d-sphr> tell him yourself, he's online
<i-bomb> i dont talk to noobs
<d-sphr> right
<d-sphr> ok
"

funny as ppl defend ibm in a "cute puppy" kind of way..... oh he can't speak english proper he's so cuuuuuuuuutee let's defend his pug ruining actions on the behalf of freedom but ignore that everyone whines when he does .... he's soooo cute

while i get picked on for being NA and french canadian

you all talk about rights and freedom but when it comes to the other side of the pond it stops ???