An issue about banning, and new rule?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I think he just proved himself...Ice how about u stfu yourself since u have no idea whats going...u dont even pug fs..

I played that pug and only one player subbed. On the last map a couple people (you, dede) disappeared but our team (Che's team) was there. It takes TWO captains to pick those maps, and Che actually has the decency of picking these good maps.... proving that it's not only IBM who likes non-league maps.

I dunno what you're on about what what html said about that pug in question is correct.

And wow 2 out of 12 ppl liking the maps that's just...great?

And well what's the point in playing 5 maps that about of the ppl in the pug don't know? Sure you can say that way ppl will learn the map, but who cares about learning 3-5 maps in a row? I know I don't. I just wanna have a nice pug not some ppl running around on maps like complete noobs looking for ppl to kill/objectives.

I'm not trying to justify html's actions here tho, as it was an obvious violation of the rules. But there's no need to start bashing at his reasons cause i pretty much agree with him.

I think he just proved himself...Ice how about u stfu yourself since u have no idea whats going...u dont even pug fs..

I like it when women are as spicy as you! wow! RRROOAARR! :rolleyes:

well I just dont understand why u all sit there and freakout on html everytime he says something....also I dont agree with the resets either could've been handled in a much better way....but html does have a very good point in what he's saying.

I won’t comment too much on the incident in question.

Few points however;
1. People are trying to find loopholes in rules, trying to get others banned for their own mistakes and bring up inconsistencies in admin action.

2. If people would just sign, play a pug, pick some maps, play the game and leave then why should there be any stupid countless amounts of rules put in place for the minority who enjoy taking the piss?

3. The player subbing rule was put in because people where taking the piss with it. While I agree with you people should be grateful that there is someone willing to come in to continue the pug, having 2-3 people leaving with far greater subs completely ruins the balance of the pug, this rule isn’t a rule per se, it’s simply an awareness that people should have. I never come into a pug these days without asking if the opponent has a problem with me joining. Imagine if HTML is a last pick player then I sub him. Is that fun? Going on the basis of course that people actually use the team picking selection to pick based on skill rather than who they are friends with.

You all need to remember as much as you may think so, pug is being offered to majority of you completely free, for your enjoyment and benefit and it helps keep the league alive. Be grateful while you have it because you may find it gone very soon....

I will clear some of the maps which shouldn’t be there, perhaps a rule on non-league maps should be put in so that only a maximum of two is picked, however I still believe that it’s up to the captain, if a captain is putting time to do tactics, speak, he should be able to pick the maps he likes. This shouldn’t be confused for idiots who like to pick shit maps and captain just to annoy people.

I don't play many pugs, but I don't understand this sub thing. What does it matter if a less good player leaves and a really good player takes his / her place? It's a pug, it means nothing. If it can't be helped and that person is the only sub who can make up the teams, then fine. The pug will be over in a while (4 maps in my case), so then play another one. I could understand the problem in league matches, but surely pugs don't matter? Is this really so much of a fun-spoiler?

Yes Useless it is.
Imagine 2 teams with 6 players each where every team is balanced by 3 div1 players, 2 div2 and one newcomer. Pug is fun because it's balanced.
Now imagine that HZ guy leaves a pug and wish is taking his place (actually it really happened few days ago). One team has a players skill advantage and pug is not balanced and fun anymore.
Thx to this rule we can say fo wish and bring some other equal or on not that huge skill difference player.

Oh come on, Wish is always used as the example in this sort of illustration, like it's always him who either has to leave or takes someone's place out of necessity. But it's not always goign to be league's worst player leaves and league's best jumps in, is it? Besides, surely subbing doesn't have to happen very often anyway? People are acting like every game there's someone leaving and an 'unfair' player coming in, but isn't this the exception rather than the rule?

Oh come on, Wish is always used as the example in this sort of illustration, like it's always him who either has to leave or takes someone's place out of necessity. But it's not always goign to be league's worst player leaves and league's best jumps in, is it? Besides, surely subbing doesn't have to happen very often anyway? People are acting like every game there's someone leaving and an 'unfair' player coming in, but isn't this the exception rather than the rule?

Well i played few pugs recently after 2 or 3 months break and this really happened. Don't know any other real examples as i didn't noticed them but i guess the rule has been introduced because of such things happening in past as well.

well I just dont understand why u all sit there and freakout on html everytime he says something.....
Pretty easy to answer this "mystery".
Most people are annoyed by html. Plain simple as that.
He achieved this by his actions among the past years.

It's not because he's canadian or because we don't like his nickname, it's only because he acted like a drama queen several times and takes PUGs far too serious.

I must say that the most frequent utapugers beside wish have remained silent in this thread -_-

get your fucking pants on and stand up for youself, im not hallucinating when I say that 80% of those who have played in a pug where ibm captained have said "fo ibm" at least once either for teams or maps or tactics he made/picked
While I might not be the most frequent pugger I've had my fair share of pugs with ibm as one of the two captains and I must say I don't have a problem with him. I like playing the odd non league map game every now and then. Spices things up a little.

Like a lot of others have said, at least he does captain which to be fair, a lot of us don't.

Brajan, I left after half a map in that pug because of people complaining it was unfair.

Yeah i know wish. I'm not saying anything against you but just giving an example.

"
<d-salva> lol @ thread
<i-bomb> wot a noob
<i-bomb> some1 tell him this is not NA pug shit
<d-sphr> tell him yourself, he's online
<i-bomb> i dont talk to noobs
<d-sphr> right
<d-sphr> ok
"

funny as ppl defend ibm in a "cute puppy" kind of way..... oh he can't speak english proper he's so cuuuuuuuuutee let's defend his pug ruining actions on the behalf of freedom but ignore that everyone whines when he does .... he's soooo cute

while i get picked on for being NA and french canadian

you all talk about rights and freedom but when it comes to the other side of the pond it stops ???

Its got absolutely nothing, and i mean nothing at all, to do with you being french canadian, egyptian, german, english or any other nationality. In fact you should be ashamed that you acuse the users on here of that so easily.

You say (amongst other dribble which i just cant be bothered to counter) that the "language of the internet", if you can realistically use such a term, is English. Fair enough, I can see where ur coming from to a certain extent, but it doesnt mean you can have go at IBM because his english isnt great. Hes fucking German at the end of the day, you should give him some respect for the fact he tries at least. Id love to see you jump on a German TS chan and try and speak German to a bunch of native German speakers, im sure you would feel really comfortable with that.

At the end of the day you dig your own holes by trying to force your oppinion on people (im sure we have all done that at some point). Some people on here will agree with your points, others stay quiet and some disagree, its just the way it is.

Maybe IBM messed up a few pugs or pissed some ppl off by picking silly maps/teams, and if he did do it on purpose then its obv a problem. But it doesnt mean you can just wade in, resetting the game willy nilly because you dont want to play with him. I think if you acknowledged this point, then some people would be more open to the other more reasonble issues you have raised. Until then i suspect you will get little sympathy.

Last edited:
Its got absolutely nothing, and i mean nothing at all, to do with you being french canadian, egyptian, german, english or any other nationality. In fact you should be ashamed that you acuse the users on here of that so easily.

You say (amongst other dribble which i just cant be bothered to counter) that the "language of the internet", if you can realistically use such a term, is English. Fair enough, I can see where ur coming from to a certain extent, but it doesnt mean you can have go at IBM because his english isnt great. Hes fucking German at the end of the day, you should give him some respect for the fact he tries at least. Id love to see you jump on a German TS chan and try and speak German to a bunch of native German speakers, im sure you would feel really comfortable with that.

At the end of the day you dig your own holes by trying to force your oppinion on people (im sure we have all done that at some point). Some people on here will agree with your points, others stay quiet and some disagree, its just the way it is.

Maybe IBM messed up a few pugs or pissed some ppl off by picking silly maps/teams, and if he did do it on purpose then its obv a problem. But it doesnt mean you can just wade in, resetting the game willy nilly because you dont want to play with him. I think if you acknowledged this point, then some people would be more open to the other more reasonble issues you have raised. Until then i suspect you will get little sympathy.

Fuck off, no midgets allowed to post in here, especially ones from manc who've moved south to try and cover it up.

I'd just like to take this oppourtunity that I have 100% success rate as captain this year in pugs, should anyone fancy a real game, gimmie a PM and I'll come along.

Much love,

Mushy
xxx

"Learn German then." the language of the internet is english

This is where I started reading again because you started talking like a pompous American twat and I've noted you're dealing 90% of the time in absolutes and failing to acknowledge the slightest common sense when it hits you in the face.