Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ofcourse you can appeal, but as far as I am aware an admin has already posted in this thread stating things won't change?

if this is the case, your 'appeal' (if a forum poll can be considered as an appeal) has been rejected

you can change decisions, but you can't change a rule then enforce a punishment upon a past culprit.

we will see if m1c gets banned again anyway, time will tell ;)

Or maybe a solution would be for clans to have the option to not play against cheating clans without losing points. As a way of boycotting them.
I could live with that aswell

I was going to suggest a kind of opt out for clans that do not want to play against a clan who field a player known to have been caught cheating the oposing clan can request the player not be fielded or not play the match and loose no points but it would be a mine filed to actualy impliment.

As for rule changed there should be a rule change so that perm bans are put into place as this poll clearly shows.
Also there is a question of appeal for m1c to have a harsher punishment which is what alot of people want in this thread.

it is possible to have a retroactive rule but then the question remains how far back does the rule go and who and what actions come under it from passed exploits.

My suggestion would be to have a retroactive rule that applys to bots, radars. Anyone known to have been caught twice with a bot is perm banned from the league. if there are no records other than the last 6 months then the rule only applies to the last 6 months if there are records and dates before that then they can be used.

but it would have to be done fairly and all those found to have cheated twice made an example of.

Last edited:
Brajan said:
Let's stick to the topic guys. We're talking about future changes in uta anti-cheat policy which will be changed in FUTURE.
Just like a law i don't think it's a good idea to affect anyone from past. If so .... there are quite few active players who would be banned as well even if they seem to be smart enough and not trying anything stupid for years. I think they got their lesson.

Some few words about m1c.
He wasn't cought during a match or even league server but on public community linked server. Punishment isn't that strict there as on league servers however it's still forbidden.

So once again. We value your opinion and things will change however don't expect to use future rules against past cheaters. I doubt admin team will ever agree on this.

I do believe this sums up the result of your appeal nicely.

ofcourse I read what you said, your original point is that you took the poll numbers and concluded that 78 people want m1c to be banned

In actual fact, 78 people want the rules on cheating to be changed for the future

Yeah ok now we´r talking, but both you and me know that out of those 78 ppl, at least 70 want him to be banned right? To bad it ain´t gonna happen because the league is gonna lose fair and friendly players instead of this cheating wanker. And you´r defending him, which means you belong to the minority that supports cheats. That´s also the reason why neither you or Micro will ever get the respect of the whole community and should in other words be dealt with before you ruin everything.

Punishment isn't that strict there as on league servers however it's still forbidden.

key word there is "forbidden" if its public or private he cheated doesnt matter if its in a clan match or on a public server he still cheated and the cheat got pick up.

I doubt admin team will ever agree on this.

key word there is "doubt" not deffinate therfore there is every reason for people to request the new rule to be retroactive as long as it is fair and has deffinate guidline asto the criterior it is to meet.

so it does not sum up the result of the appeal nicley it does however show that the process that Rookie has gone to is effective and is bieng taken seriously.

If you believe i am ruining everything by posting my opinion in a forum thread, fair enough, :lol:.

By fair and friendly player's, i assume you are referring to maber, who quite frankly is acting sour since m1c beat him and his clan in iAS

once again, i am not defending m1c0, what he did was beyond stupidity, and he knows that, I am merely making comments on what people seem to think, because they are actually talking bull in many cases

and lets face it, it's not like i'm going to get any sleep loss from not having respect from a small online gaming community, I made my friends here, and i'll keep them, and we have alot of fun, I have my enemies, whos hatred of me only fuels my self determination in situations like this

I disagree it's time to clean up. whoever is know/caught for cheating twice should be packing his bags. Either that or the choice to not play the teams with cheaters in them.

key word there is "forbidden" if its public or private he cheated doesnt matter if its in a clan match or on a public server he still cheated and the cheat got pick up.

key word there is "doubt" not deffinate therfore there is every reason for people to request the new rule to be retroactive as long as it is fair and has deffinate guidline asto the criterior it is to meet.

so it does not sum up the result of the appeal nicley it does however show that the process that Rookie has gone to is effective and is bieng taken seriously.

Rookie is indeed being taken seriously, and I expect a change to the rules from the aftermath of this poll. What remains to be debated, and is looking like a very lost cause, is re-banning m1c. I highly doubt this will actually happen, and TuT and Rookie also know that it is a lost cause, but time will tell, I will be sure to make a public apology if m1c is indeed suspended further

That was my original post yes, and I have to say I didn't beleive then you would change anything, how many times have you tried a stunt like this now? :o

I just beleived it to be another pointless thread, but it has gone on longer than I expected, and I was mainly referring to the fact that m1c wont be banned again, which I still stand by: I don't think he will.

Brajan has already made it clear that since logs have been kept, second offenders will have a permament ban. I'm guessing the logs of m1cs first ban are not available at the moment, since as far as I know Psy was the one to set that ban. So yes, second offenders are getting banned, you don't actually need to do anything, it has been said that people who cheat for the second time since the logs were safekept, will get the severe punishment of permanent ban

Last edited:
normally i was just flaming really. Not trying to change admins minds. Alone i couldn't so now with more votes i hope they see i'm not the only one thinking this way.

Brajan has already stated he is glad you have commenced this poll, but he has already said cheaters are being dealt with since the logs have been kept, and there isn't much he can do about those who offended before the logs were kept, I don't see what else the poll has to offer now, the rule cannot be changed much, as each case is individual

Actually yeah, i see it as a lost but sadly that gives the league less chance to survive because what new players are we gonna get to this league if we "accept" cheating in this way?

http://www.utassault.net/clans/claninfo.php?clanid=448

There´s quite a few ictf players in that clan that came to uta to play with us and if Maber leaves i´m affraid so will they because he is/was the link between uta and (i think clanbase but not sure) that made them come play here. Who knows how many other will leave because they simply don´t want to play against a cheater like Micro that´s dragging the whole community´s name down? Time will tell but i´m pretty sure we´r slowly killing this league unless something is done. Or at least it feels like that to me.

Last edited:
TuT said:
Who knows how many other will leave because they simply don´t want to play against a cheater like Micro

How many other being the key phrase, so far only people with their head buried so deep in the clanbase rules they can hardly see anymore have decided to leave the league

I understand some others would _possibly_ leave due to this reason, but lets wait and see.

Currently only clans like -8-, NOOB, wKd perhaps have the honour (lol.) of playing vs m1c in wars really.

I'm sure these clans would prefer to have a challenge, and having m1c on our team certainly improves the overall skill level of our team, thus producing more exciting and worthwhile wars. Imagine if me and m1c left MoD now, perhaps they would get a better name, who knows, but i'm sure the games vs MoD would be even more boring than they are now (we can't really put up a challenge anymore unfortunatley)

The funny thing is that MoD ppl keep defending botters . Wake up dudes they might be your friends but they also used or use cheats!!!!!

Another thing im going to say again is:

One things is USE CHEATS
Another is CAUGHT USING IT!

Im sure there's plenty of ppl that use them ... ( in fact im sure most of us could name some ) but never got caught.

and well the thing im telling is:

Dont just put pressure in ADMINS to change damn rule, lets work out in some protections too cause well lets face it when was the last LeagueAS security update ?? 2 years ago ?? How many new cheats have come out since then ??

1 time cheat or another illegal bugs , pl slides , or woot ever fuck the gameplay by little kiddies how think i'm the masterr Hackzor by 1 8 year old game = Pernament bann only same clanbase and @ll another leagues funny dongs .

! Bann cheataz for ever and @ll time . end

Edit nix 2 Time i test 1 Time and then .... !nein and soorry m1c is 3 time suspendet in 5 year now = naja edit

1 time cheat or another illegal bugs , pl slides , or woot ever fuck the gameplay by little kiddies how think i'm the masterr Hackzor by 1 8 year old game = Pernament bann only same clanbase and @ll another leagues funny dongs .

! Bann cheataz for ever and @ll time . end

Edit nix 2 Time i test 1 Time and then .... !nein and soorry m1c is 3 time suspendet in 5 year now = naja edit

If you are a little kid who uses a cheat, pl slide, an illegal bug or anything else which fucks the gameplay and thinks they are the master haxz0r in a 8 year old game deserve a permament ban, its only the same as clanbase rules and all other leagues

Ban cheaters forever and for ever, end.

Edit: You dont have 2 times, test 1 time and then....no sorry m1c 3 times suspended in 5 years now=well.

Status
Not open for further replies.