weapon damage and hit action in zp

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the double enforcers and headshot while crouched I don't have any problems with zp, I've never gotten that sideway shot people talk about so I would really like to see it. Is it 1 shot in a billion that goes wrong or what?

I think it's great that everyone gets to play on equal terms as it is with zp. Without zp would mean that only 3/4 can play 2v2 with any chance to compete.

I would still like to point out that it is not equal terms. Its making aims equal ping however its still difficult for low pingers to hit high pingers. Its a reverse of what occurs without ZP.

I would still like to point out that it is not equal terms. Its making aims equal ping however its still difficult for low pingers to hit high pingers. Its a reverse of what occurs without ZP.

U can't compare high pingers with shit pc owners. 4 example my pc runs well and i don't lag\slide but connection sux ( despite my 4mb ) and no1 told me I'm a sliding lagger. Same i can say bout the americans..at least bout the 1s who play in the league.Smantie, Dede, KD don't lag slide tbh. And moreover it's rly hard 4 me to believe that zp makes low pingers not able 2 hit high 1s if they don't slide ( long time i don't see uta players sliding ). And zp can even be switched off. And i also think that the difficulties that high pingers have in hitting ppl without ZP are quite worse than the 1s low pingers cud have with ZP.

As OD mentioned, the mod is seriously bugged. I was watching a game recently on COH server and wish died in 4 pistol shots with shield belt from Squirrels pistol on bridge.

If people have a bad ping, they have a bad ping. I played in this league with 56k for 3 years, even when everyone had their brand new 512k ADSL connections, It was something I had to put up with and as frustrating it was I put up with it. As a 56ker you also have the advantages of sliding, I remember the amount of flames being thrown by people saying get a better connection.
Then after the better connection comes the, oh you low ping botter lol. There is advantages and disadvantages to ping, granted that having a lower ping is overall more beneficial.

You say that it’s all about winning and you’re interested in the fun, but by the same logic you’re trying to push for ZP so that you can win more. Winning = fun right? People don’t like to lose.
I wouldn’t play a single game on ZP. If the option was put in the league and both clans agree -fair enough, just I personally wouldn’t play that game. If it became mandatory I would leave the league.
I’m sorry you and few others have a bad ping but the majority of players in this league have a sub 100 ping which is more than playable.

I think you’re a good player, I think that your ping helps you here on euro servers; I genuinely have problems hitting you, as you do hitting me. However if I was playing (which I was) on American servers I never asked or would ask for things to benefit me as it’s my choice to play there.

If ZP is fully fixed, there are no weapon bugs, the game feels exactly the same as it does now without ZP but it gives you the advantage of playing on a lower ping I would be more than happy. While playing with ZP it screws the weapons, the feeling is completely messed up and as Uzi mentioned weird angles and so many other things it’s unfair for the 70% of the league with good pings as Supermic writes to have to adapt for the minority.

1) lol @ comparing "get a better connex" with "aimbotter" flames. U can't rly do that man. ROFL @ considering "aimbotter" insult as a disadvantage!! LOOL
2) I have 4mb connex and i don't slide as rly often no1 does.
3) I never mentioned the fun (maybe Smantie did but I'm too lazy 2 check atm). I said I'd lyk not to curse at everything i can everytime i hit sum1 according to the crosshair and i don't rly according to the server. Ofc more hits wud b more fun. But is not an advantage what i ask but an equal condition. Same condition= more competition = more fun= longer life 4 uta.
4) LOL If i was American I wud lyk 2 play on American servers..But ( LOL ) pity that every league server is european ROFL. Then it's not my choice to play on european servers in this case, right? ( I'm italian and i have no reason 2 moan bout servers' location but an american wud do that and i cud understand it).

Last edited:
Well, Americans don't actually have good connections, our connections are like 1/5th the size of most European connections, I know know some of you guys like TuT have uberleet connections.

There's really no reason to complain about ZP except this weird weapon damage. High pingers like myself and Saint really find it useful to make a more level playing field (low pingers STILL have the advantage as we'll appear on your screen before you'll appear on our screen!) and those dodgy shots (which rarely happen to be honest) aren't so bad when you consider that it makes the people you're playing with enjoy their game more. Nothing wrong with that. Plus it brings a new dimension to the game to play with ZP occasionally:)
Unfortunately for Americans, we love the game as much as you and have nowhere else to play. If a clan like CoH or ~dzz~ or Api or LAG or atP with high pingers wants to play with ZP, let 'em! It's one game of four!

*($)@!/\/']['*;1427736 said:
1) lol @ comparing "get a better connex" with "aimbotter" flames. U can't rly do that man. ROFL @ considering "aimbotter" insult as a disadvantage!! LOOL
2) I have 4mb connex and i don't slide as rly often no1 does.
3) I never mentioned the fun (maybe Smantie did but I'm too lazy 2 check atm). I said I'd lyk not to curse at everything i can everytime i hit sum1 according to the crosshair and i don't rly according to the server. Ofc more hits wud b more fun. But is not an advantage what i ask but an equal condition. Same condition= more competition = more fun= longer life 4 uta.
4) LOL If i was American I wud lyk 2 play on American servers..But ( LOL ) pity that every league server is european ROFL. Then it's not my choice to play on european servers in this case, right? ( I'm italian and i have no reason 2 moan bout servers' location but an american wud do that and i cud understand it).

1. First of all I will try to decipher your English
2. Did you read my post? Or is your English writing skill as elegant as your reading?
3. I will not explain here to you if you cannot by yourself understand I never said being called an aimbotter is a disadvantage, what planet do you live on?
4. Yes it is your choice to play in the league with the server provided, are you telling me that someone has a gun to your head and is forcing you to play on a European server?
5. Did you read my post? I played on American servers when their league was actually alive, their league died for a few reasons which are not required to discuss here. Before that there was almost no one from America playing over here, they took the CHOICE not too.
6. Have you noticed a trend in my points that I’m repeatedly asking you to read what I actually wrote? I believe I said that if the mod doesn’t change the way the current game plays then I am more than happy to play with it, however that is currently not the case and I would strongly oppose it.
7. UTA has been around many years, the minority of players having a reduced ping (effectively) is not going to extend the league; the competition is still there in division 1 and in division 1 there are several people already competing at a high level. If you are worried about extending the life of UTA implementing this mutator in its current state will actually have the opposite effect.
8. PLEASE READ POSTS CORRECTLY.

Last edited:
Well I noticed that this discussion is not dealing anymore with the main topic. I proposed what i think would be nice. It's up to admins or whoever to decide about ZP. Cya.

Sani, I dont care who lagslides or who doesn't. My point is that higher pingers are harder to hit no matter how good their connection is. An American with a 12mb connection on 110 f1 is just as hard to hit as an American on a 2mb conn on 120 f1. The reason being where you shoot on the server, the higher the ping determines where they actually are. I was apart of zp leagues and everytime I would find it harder to hit EVERY 80+ pinger and find no problem hitting <50.

Keep it on topic and keep it civil
Thanks for making my point to a certain guy.

Anyway - ZP should be used for instagib only. It's too buggy to apply to normal weapons as m1c and yak have pointed out in their video. Besides - thats not the only bug there is, there are too many to make this functional without having to edit it.

Maybe its time to create a functional mod for UT2k7 :)!

*($)@!/\/']['*;1427883 said:
Well I noticed that this discussion is not dealing anymore with the main topic. I proposed what i think would be nice. It's up to admins or whoever to decide about ZP. Cya.

Lol. This post was to reply to Twnz not McNeill. I've posted 8 posts before this one, but they have been deleted.

1. First of all I will try to decipher your English
2. Did you read my post? Or is your English writing skill as elegant as your reading?
3. I will not explain here to you if you cannot by yourself understand I never said being called an aimbotter is a disadvantage, what planet do you live on?
4. Yes it is your choice to play in the league with the server provided, are you telling me that someone has a gun to your head and is forcing you to play on a European server?
5. Did you read my post? I played on American servers when their league was actually alive, their league died for a few reasons which are not required to discuss here. Before that there was almost no one from America playing over here, they took the CHOICE not too.
6. Have you noticed a trend in my points that I’m repeatedly asking you to read what I actually wrote? I believe I said that if the mod doesn’t change the way the current game plays then I am more than happy to play with it, however that is currently not the case and I would strongly oppose it.
7. UTA has been around many years, the minority of players having a reduced ping (effectively) is not going to extend the league; the competition is still there in division 1 and in division 1 there are several people already competing at a high level. If you are worried about extending the life of UTA implementing this mutator in its current state will actually have the opposite effect.
8. PLEASE READ POSTS CORRECTLY.

1) My english is good. If you don't understand slang, ask me for explanations.
2) About reading correctly the posts, read my previous ones. I said that ZP should be used only after it has been fixed.
3) League servers are all european and ( as you can read in my previous posts ) I have no reason to moan about their location since I'm european too. I just think game would be fairer with ZP. No matter if high pingers are european or americans.
4) Calm down. Really no need to try to moke. Try to discuss in a civil way.
5) Hope at least this post won't be deleted xD

Posts deleted:

Keep it on topic and keep it civil

*($)@!/\/']['*;1427906 said:
Lol. This post was to reply to Twnz not McNeill. I've posted 8 posts before this one, but they have been deleted.

edit: I wasnt able to see it in the cause of this specific forum state before. Therefore I meant cant see one of yours was deleted.

Last edited:
Anyway - ZP should be used for instagib only. It's too buggy to apply to normal weapons as m1c and yak have pointed out in their video. Besides - thats not the only bug there is, there are too many to make this functional without having to edit it.

Dunno if it's just me but I find ZP in Insta buggy as well. I.e. not registering hits.

Dunno if it's just me but I find ZP in Insta buggy as well. I.e. not registering hits.

I find it usefull always varying from server to server and internet connection. Cant say much bad about it if a need for it appears. And if its not usefull I always turned it off.

Yeah headcase, that aswell, especially on laggy servers. Server 6 and 8 pug server are fine though. Servers 1-3 and Server 7 are awful though.

Seriously, I really want to know what you feel is buggy with zp? Apart from the ones we/I have mentioned before, double enforcers being too powerful and that you can headshot people that are crouched. I forgot about the 1 in a billion shot that supposedly goes sideways which I've never seen I have played relatively much with zp. Oh, and I also heard that there's supposedly lag (feels laggy) with zp? :rolleyes: Funny I thought that was the main purpose with zp to get rid of lag (talking about needing to adapt aim only) Please Deadly, headcase and torp you all speak of it as being too buggy what do you really mean?

I don't really buy into that argument you had torp either about people who lag have an advantage and are hard to hit, I mean you hit them all the time without zp so what's so different when it's zp? Could it be that people now shoot back and actually hit you once a while? :teehee: I guess if you don't own all laggers with zp on = zp is buggy :D

edit: not to mention how hard it is to dodge when you play with serious lag and weapon change taking forever and you don't see opponents before it's often too late (they fire before you do and gets the frag because of the lag)

Last edited:
Seriously, I really want to know what you feel is buggy with zp? Apart from the ones we/I have mentioned before, double enforcers being too powerful and that you can headshot people that are crouched. I forgot about the 1 in a billion shot that supposedly goes sideways which I've never seen I have played relatively much with zp. Oh, and I also heard that there's supposedly lag (feels laggy) with zp? :rolleyes: Funny I thought that was the main purpose with zp to get rid of lag (talking about needing to adapt aim only) Please Deadly, headcase and torp you all speak of it as being too buggy what do you really mean?

I don't really buy into that argument you had torp either about people who lag have an advantage and are hard to hit, I mean you hit them all the time without zp so what's so different when it's zp? Could it be that people now shoot back and actually hit you once a while? :teehee: I guess if you don't own all laggers with zp on = zp is buggy :D

edit: not to mention how hard it is to dodge when you play with serious lag and weapon change taking forever and you don't see opponents before it's often too late (they fire before you do and gets the frag because of the lag)
I am talking about ZP applied to normal weapons. ZP applied to the insta rifle should be fine. I have always turned it off though. I have tried it a couple of times but it messed up my aim completely.

I don't like ZP at all. iAS just isn't the same as it used to be or how I remember it, and I put this down to ZP tbh. There is slight differences in timing your shots compared to before, and the fact stdAS has no ZP I find it difficult switching from normal weapons to insta.

I can't really explain why it feels different nor have any evidence to back up what I'm saying, it almost feels laggy, shots don't register like usual, they are delayed or something ;x Anyway if there was ever an option to vote for ZP I'd 100% vote against it, not because I'm scared of having equal pings, purley because I'm used of the "feeling" without ZP.

How can it mess up your aim? All you gotta do is aim straight on the player, don't aim beside him aim right on him and you get a frag. I still don't get from where this mysterious buggy feeling comes from, I got none of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.