UTA All-Star Game?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

If this get going, the team with the best skill individual will win.. because they dont have time to get a good teamplay in so short notice anyway. -8- had very nice TP but they played very long together also :satan:

lol, its true we would have probably lost the next game uzi but not because of how strong mod had become, we started tieing to coh and winning 8-5 to DoG lol. we planned to leave just before we played the mod game and TRIED to win the game even though we werent too confident since everyone apart from maybe me had become inactive and only played matches and no one really cared anymore, and it shows coz half of the team that played mod that day have almost completely vanished. TB and PR are gone, syl and drag come back every 3 months for a pug and cor does nothing but idle on IRC all day. im sure if we had been playing as well as we had been 6 months before that match, we would have pulled out with another 8-4 :P we made so many mistakes in that game that wud have not normally happened and it cost us loads of maps, and yes mod did make mistakes too but that was normal for you guys :P

and m1c, when did we ever bother practising, we would still be waiting for cloud and sylencer to appear 5 minutes before the game and what would we need to practise neway? we used the most basic launches in the game, nothing to practise and ppl didnt even like playing matches, so there was no wayl i cud get them to practise even if i wanted. 8 was pure teamplay and comms !

it was the first game mod had played together with that team, and had wish typing tacs in the minute before each map riv, so dont start :p:

If you can get TB, PR, syl, drag, cor, even nekro, etc playing again then I'd love it - more top players who are about the better, cos atm the league is completely stale :(

Speaking of which, 8 had ppl like TB and PR, both of whom were complete beasts, so this "its all about teamwork" bollox can feck right off!

cmon, the only player that was new in ur team was u :P and od who played like 1 map when mc crashed or something!

yea tb and pr were our "beasts" but i usually didnt put tb upfront as i was more comfortable doubling up with him at the back when there was two routes. man for man the mod team that played us cud beat us easily, u know that.

twnz, wish, mc, uzi, m1c are all miles better fraggers than ANY of our best 6. our best fragger was probably PR and i doubt he could have beaten any of u lot

i remember that apart from bridge, the only other map that we wud lose 90% of the time would be Riv3 and that was because Riv3 up unti after tunnels is a fragging map and we usually got overrun quite easily on that against you lot coz ur too hench

Last edited:
if i had to pick uzi or riv first, itd be a hard decision
but id go with uzi :)

cause riv cries too much :)

uZi i'm not talking crap , its my opinion, other players in the league have different opinions to you, i think your the idiot for trying to force your opinion onto others :)

CoH lost to ud the other day ,fair enough we had 2 mercs for the majority of the game which totally messed us up but regardless ud had great teamplay and launches and deserved to win. Just another example of why i think the way i do about this particular point!

couldn't even make it a day without saying something about me pogo? :clap:

XR, I do agree with you that teamwork plays an important role in AS, what I'm trying to say is that a team of the "best" players will gel very quickly anyway.. you seem to be saying that a team of average players with very good tactics are gonna beat a team of say wish, twnz, mc, sphere, wez, pete or something.

All of those players I've named play with their heads - they know how to work together as a team no matter who theyre playing with.. and their teamplay would reflect that. They might not pull off elaborate launches and things, but tbh, to win AS matches that is not needed. A simple launch (eg, dark on siege) can win the map very very quickly if it is well covered - which I would expect it to be with that team. You just seemed to have missed the fact that the better players do have teamplay as part of their game, as well as being able to snipe ppls heads off. Theres plenty of good fraggers who wouldn't get into my list of "best" players.. without trying to flame anyone, I'd cite IBM as an example - he's got a very decent aim, but he doesnt use his head much when playing IMO.

And with all due respect XR, CoH are hardly a team of all-stars, in fact playerwise (aside from sphere) I don't think you have a much stronger team than ud, who as you mentioned maybe had the edge due to teamplay.

So I guess this is the point: 2 teams of near-equally skilled players - the one with the better tactics - yes I agree, and I'd say -8- are a good example of that - they had some very good players, arguably not the best in the league, but they had very good teamplay and tactics. But I don't think that it makes such a difference when one team has a distinct individual player advantage.

There, I replied in a mature manner :p:

Nothing's been arranged yet, it's all purely theory and suggestion, and we already have a flame thread developing :lol: Call it off smant, right now :ban:

Nothing's been arranged yet, it's all purely theory and suggestion, and we already have a flame thread developing :lol: Call it off smant, right now :ban:

I can't! Nothing's been started and no one is there to even run something :rofl:

Best part is I'm exempt from ever volunteering to run a cup again due to popular demand from the UTA citizenry :p:

It'd be perfectly plausable to find 12 ppl to play and just set the pug server to 14 maps, and all sign - picking teams as required.. not much setup required is there?

UTV could easily be done by a spectator in order to save on too many ppl speccing

No that woudln't include the UTA community uZi, and I'd want to see a movie made out of it too.