UTA All-Star Game?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
Perhaps it would be fun to have a new cup in UTA in 2009 to celebrate 10 years of UT99.

UTA probably doesn't have enough activity for a full-blown country cup so how about a UTA All-Stars Game like many sports have? We can choose a date sometime in the beginning of a month when no matches will be scheduled and we can have players vote for some superlatives (ie. "best fragger" "best launcher" "best comic" "biggest noob (Useless)") and create teams that way or do something cool like this and just have a bit of fun and get some UTV broadcasts going and enjoy!

Thoughts?

2vs2 cup? As not many players are left this would have the advantage of more teams = more rounds/poules?

Yeah I know, but you know what happend to the last 6vs6 cup :rolleyes:

what happened?

That's why I'm saying we should have an "All-star Game" we pick 10-12 players for each team and just have a bit of fun and get some UTV going and make a movie out of it to celebrate 10 years. Or if you're looking at a cup, do 3v3 or 4v4 to make it interesting :D

I started to brain dump ideas on making an automated UT Decathlon style mutator which would switch itself between gametypes after X maps rotation; so instead of seperate 1-2hr matches in different gametypes, you have one match over multiple gametypes, which could last up to 2-3hrs.

Would suit this All-Star game idea quite nicely I think?

would be kinda cool to have 12 of the "best" all in one game, wtih UTV etc. Although who is the best is kinda subjective.. but can I suggest a "best flaming crying emo cunt"...

why? no reason :rolleyes: