UTA All-Star Game?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

.mod just sniped ur ass and you had to sneak attack them or be very quicke to get obj.. 8 was more fun to play against cause they would "play" more. still 8 was very good organised defence wise. Cloud played a big role in their attacks.. Well thats from a C0 and eas point of view :P

I've always found the whole euphoria surrounding ending -8-'s streak amusing.
-8- was filled with players who showed up solely for the sake of not letting MyM (and -8-) down. TB and PR were starplayers, despite only showing up for some matches, let alone play PUGs.
In all honousty, had things continued the way things were going then mod would have beaten -8-, yes.
Had -8-'s players been motivated like they were in 2004/5, mod would win 4 maps at most.

-8- won all their matches based on routine and comms, teamplay wise they were very messy and not half as strong and organised as most of the teams in div 1 back in 2004/5 (swap, solid, uas, spr).

Who knows Anni, as much as I'd love to find out if -8- from 2004/5 could've beaten the mod team which drew (with say d1sc replacing zyx), but we'll never know :(. Same way as we'll never know if -8- coulda beaten the ION team which went undefeated for so long (had they remained motivated), etc :\

I disagree Anni, if the 2005 -8- team played the 'best' MoD team which uZi has talked about we would win more than 4 maps for sure.

If your talking about MoDs 2005 team, which was something like me, zyx, heli, grz, ibm, m1c, sudeki then yes, we would get 4 maps at best.

Last edited:
Anni & Riv:
To be honest I would have loved to play the -8- in 2004/2005 with the mod players we eventually became towards the end of MoD.
I wouldn't be able to surmise what the outcome would have been, but I know for sure it would have been close. That is, if we had everyone using microphones, following organized tactics and cared more.

MoD also had so many problems against 8 riv as you stated, perhaps even more than yourselves did.

For example:

1. Loss of uzi at the start of the first map.
2. MoD having to write out the tactics due to half the people not having microphones.
3. Our first time using a team like that against a team that have played together so well for so many years.
4. Our bad luck of losing maps when we defended so well ( GolgothaAL for example)
5. Zyx

Joke zyx :P

There's no point bringing up excuses, it's Assault, in every war clans are "unlucky" at times. I think that we were just as unlucky as your clan was.

Your team played so well together, your teamwork and communication dominated ours no doubt, hence the streak -8- achieved. I think it was our frag power which gave it an overall draw. I reckon if we were able to use the same team against other clans prior to playing -8- again we would have performed a lot better and would have been less nervous!

I personally was pissing my self and screaming on TS!

Anyway, it was a good game overall, both sides played extremely well and kept the game going to a draw.

Last edited:
One more thing about the -8-/MoD stuff, in the past I/others may have said Tb and Pr were the main force, but tbh that was just talk in the heat of the moment :D They were the upfront players so you noticed them, but the teamwork of the back defenders was what won the maps ;) Ballistic, Autorip, Desertstorm are all very hard to attack vs 8 since their positions are so good, 4 of them can play a pug together and hold these maps for full time since they co-ordinate so well :scared:

Anyway guess this is going off topic abit lol.

I wouldn't mind playing a PuG with 'all stars', would be fun with 14 maps :)

hmmpf you wannt see all star game watch the aktiv clans mi5, aut , coh on utv then you see enouf, do you wanna make a nice 10 year think for old ut + the fun community here then get the 12 best Players all of this 12 players make a Captain and use a fun Team of even mixed Players skills and we make the 10 year old school funy cup whit 12 teams :) So the best Players can show fun whit fun teams :) and all inside ut have a lot of fun and say thx for this verry nice old game how give us so most of fantastic moments inclusive the total lol effekts.

hmmpf you wannt see all star game watch the aktiv clans mi5, aut , coh on utv then you see enouf, do you wanna make a nice 10 year think for old ut + the fun community here then get the 12 best Players all of this 12 players make a Captain and use a fun Team of even mixed Players skills and we make the 10 year old school funy cup whit 12 teams :) So the best Players can show fun whit fun teams :) and all inside ut have a lot of fun and say thx for this verry nice old game how give us so most of fantastic moments inclusive the total lol effekts.

ok

I think he wants out for the toilet or something :dog:

if you punctuate it and correct some spellings it kinda makes sense :D

IBM - Vitz Combo said:
hmmpf, you wannt see all star game? watch the active clans - mi5, aut, coh on utv - then you see enough. Do you wanna make a nice 10 year thing for old ut? & the fun community here? Then get the 12 best Players, all 12 players become a team Captain and pick a fun Team of mixed Player skills. We make the 10 year, old school, funny cup with 12 teams :) So the best Players can have fun with fun teams :) (/vitz adds what he thinks he means... and the lesser players learn some from the stronger player) and all inside ut have a lot of fun and say thx for this very nice old game that has given us so many fantastic moments including some amazing LOL bits.

Anyone agree thats what he is getting at..? I like the idea personnally :D as long as someone cba to set it all up :lol: Which, lets face it, is the stumbling block for anything atm... :(

Isn't that pretty much what pugs are tho vitz? :lol:

I don't see it lasting tho - firstly do we have 60 players to fill those teams? - i dont think so, at least not reliable ppl who will show up for a cup.

Secondly, the cup would probably end up having the few round or 2 of matches then end up stopping cos ppl cant be bothered - it happened with the IAC last time, etc.. Like you say - who's gonna organise it ;)

The idea of an all star game is a lot simpler, just pick 12 players, choose a server (Eg, pug server or a league server).. teams could be done by voting the 2 "best" players then picking pug style, or pre-arranged teams.. whatever. Then it gets played, with UTV done by a single spectator. If someone wants to make a movie out of the match, then I expect pretty much all would be running auto demo anyway, or just ask them to enable it for the match.

There done, very little arranging required :)

I agree with everything ibm just said

he said you suck pimmels ;)

btw I think MoD would be better off with zyx than with d1sc, prolly little weaker in defenses on objectives but zyx fit more into mod (teamplay,knowledge of maps, sharing etc) and he could win us launchmaps like balli, golgo, golgo2, siege etc.

i think ur ruight tbh uZi, dont think it would ever really get off the ground, but i still like the idea :P ANd yes, it is a bit like pugs, but you would think that it would be a little more organised maybe... :lol:

All Stars 2009 ,2008 mi5 last 2 month 4 month coh rest of year mod , 2007 mod , 2006 8 , 2005 8 , 2004 and 2003 mi5 , 2002 and 2001 aut and ion watch old aut movie never 1 cant beat this ........ so and you peoples wannt see a all star game you see this all time inside month mi5 its all star team of ut you want get a 2 Team of all stars then make a team ( new clan and hope you can beat mi5 inside a 6v6 game) no 1 can beat realy mi5 how she get 6 Players gg last times he have player props and dotn show realy skill up ....... close this thread its to dumb and make me aggro :!P

Last edited:
at the end of the day -8- won allot of matches and got over +50 streak for a reason. you can say in any game/sport if only we had this guy playing etc , at the end of the day -8- won the games.

if u have a team of all stars , they will all want the important positions , nobody will want to defend 2nd or test room or hammercamp teleport , or want to be a launcher much or sniper cover a launch barely at all,or get stuck in with a mini at front and get allot of deaths to help the team, i guess a team of all stars would win maps like ballistic & riverbed]|[AL but overall it wouldn't make a massive difference on other maps than any normal team. It's like putting a football all star team together , they never do that well. if they stayed together they would but it takes time like any other team. an all star team in uta wouldn't automatically own imo until they know what each other is going to do and some of the members were willing to play all positions.

I'm not saying a team of all stars wouldn't make a pretty damn good team , just not really any better than top clans at any given time imo. in the state of the league at the moment ? yes a team of all stars would be better than any clan cause theres no top clans left :lol:

Last edited:
That's not even the point of this, the reason why people would vote is because we'd want balanced teams with good team players and even some shit ones for some laughs :lol: