October 2009 Assault Cup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

The ratings are just a tool to prevent extreme team differences, and shouldn't be considered as leading for picking the teams. Most captains won't just pick players because of their given rating, but will include other capacities in their decision as well. I'm sure the teams will end up pretty balanced, and the cup should run fine this way. There's no need to make so much fuzz about the player ratings. :)

Yeah well said

I think some egos have been bruised a bit by the rating system, was always going to happen :lol:

Like Mym said, if a player who you think is brilliant has been given a low rating, then that just makes them a total steal and you should be happy about it :)

:rofl:
knew that the bitching will start as soon you rate players. That's just too obvious. When you rate ppl you fuck with their egos. ;)

exactly, thats the real issue here, seriously people grow up, it really doesnt matter what you have been rated as, you will get your chance to be a hero when the matches start!

One person who can't give shit a rest isn't even participating, I wonder why you are obliged to comment.

In the last 24h I've been rated first lower than XB, then higher than XB and now again lower WTF :lol:
Keep it this way now, I get to pick 3rd!

just going by averages. i heard u had some conspiracy theory going about it :lol:

my spreadsheet will be open for you *soon*

@ XB - You're right, but you haven't bruised my ego at all :P I knew I'd be near the bottom and I have no problem with that - where else should I be? I was actually referring to others in the list who I thought would be higher but aren't. If the fraggers being at the top serves a purpose with team selection like in pugs then great, but pugs aren't won by fraggers and nothing else.

What I was really trying to say, without starting a flamewar, was that this league is heaving with sniperonly.commers and if we were going to get new people into the league we wouldn't need any more. The more you have of something the less valuable it is, and this league doesn't need any more headshotters. What it needs are launchers, people inventing new things, people trying to expand on what the league currently is, which is headshot city most of the time. This is getting OT though so I'll leave it there, it's just a shame to see the ratings list turn out to be so massively predictable. It doesn't mean the raters are wrong, it just means that this is the state of the league.

X-Bomb said:
just going by averages. i heard u had some conspiracy theory going about it :lol:

my spreadsheet will be open for you *soon*

Well it wouldn't be the first time you changed something that didn't suit you, would it?

Can ALL captains meet on IRC @ 21gmt tomorrow. We need to select teams.

If you can not make it tomorrow then we will have to try saturday or sunday afternoon. Please post here if you cant make it.

I will decide final captain by tonight.

@ XB - You're right, but you haven't bruised my ego at all :P I knew I'd be near the bottom and I have no problem with that - where else should I be? I was actually referring to others in the list who I thought would be higher but aren't. If the fraggers being at the top serves a purpose with team selection like in pugs then great, but pugs aren't won by fraggers and nothing else.

What I was really trying to say, without starting a flamewar, was that this league is heaving with sniperonly.commers and if we were going to get new people into the league we wouldn't need any more. The more you have of something the less valuable it is, and this league doesn't need any more headshotters. What it needs are launchers, people inventing new things, people trying to expand on what the league currently is, which is headshot city most of the time. This is getting OT though so I'll leave it there, it's just a shame to see the ratings list turn out to be so massively predictable. It doesn't mean the raters are wrong, it just means that this is the state of the league.

The list is a perception of different players. Take a screenshot and frame it upon your bed. Also you can invent your own list and edit the current list with image editing. I am sure your list is as much a perceptual experience for my eyes.

Who knows maybe your list will end up in the same place than I recommend where this list shall be for you visible. :D

If that is not entertaining enough for you, you can also print the list and build up an origami paper plane out of it.
With a well done aircraft model this list is with the first take off gone out of your sight. :)

Last edited:
Well obviously you didn't have a problem with it either since you accepted that maplist even though we had agreed beforehand not to pick such maps

What Useless is actually saying that I should be much higher on the list even if I don't cap some heads.

well, no matter how good ur comms are or launch, against 6 wishs, no matter where the fuck u land, u'll get HS anyway even if u come from behind :lol: :P
so major gun power > all :lol:

i THINK ill make 21gmt!! normally i shud be done with work @ 19GMT so i guess i'll make 21!!

i don't know what happens back in IAC and idc.
XB decided to organize this cup and it's what u guys should keep ur focus on.

For what i understand the system is simple :
10 raters rate players, according to all rates of all raters = final list and this is the final order.

This is the view of 8 ppl and not the whole community, tbh i think Pogo should be the 1st and i know that pretty much all the rest agree with me but what can we do about it :)

as for best fraggers debate, teamplay > fraggers only. Just out of curiosity what the % of win of wish clans vs -8- clan ?

Plz less crying and more playing, afterall it's only a game.

Last edited:
With due respect to launchers and I also think that launching skills are as equal important as fragging skills in assault, but don't forget teams will be motley put together. It wont feel like in StdAS where you play with the same mates over and over again for years, No big times for practices so IMO fragging has to be rated higher here than other skills.
And as many said before, a good captain will spot an underrated player, I dont get all the fuss about the rating.
Man, Ibrahimovic was rated Eto'o + 20 million lol