October 2009 Assault Cup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
10 Year Anniversary Assault Cup

SEMI FINALS DEADLINE: 19th October to 1st November
FINAL DEADLINE: 1st November to 8th November

This thread is only being used at the moment to see how much interest there is in a cup - I have given as much details as I can, But I need more interest before going into more specifics. Given the league situation is pretty lacklustre I am hopeful we can bring some renewed interest back for some players. If I do not get 32 Signups by October 5th there is no Cup! ( i need 32 players for 4v4 tourny, ideally 40 for 5v5 tourny). Matches will start After 5th October.

Notes:
I thought about the cup and i cant see us acheiving the numbers we need for a 6v6 format. Taking on any other format will be difficult as 6v6 is pretty much a requirement for the players here. The only possible other way would be 4v4 (and at a push 5v5)
The structure is simple. I wont have all the good players on 1 team. a cup/league is driven by competition. you stick all the good players in 1 team and you kill the competition immediately.Read below for more info.

Cup Structure:
IF I am to do a cup for October I am thinking 5v5. Players will sign up in a thread. Once signed the playerwill be "rated" by a panel of 4-5 members and the average rating is the accepted player rating. Captains are picked and each captain can choose 35 rating points worth of players . E.g if Wish is worth 10, and the captain themself is worth 8, you have 17 remaining points to use to pick your last 3 players. ( It means each team will be pretty much equal as the best players and the not so great players get mixed up!!!! - Kinda pug like in that sense. Player ratings wont be shown publically - only to captains)

This way you still get to pick your "friends", but the competition is kept fair as you can not fill a team with superstars. Numbers can be tinkered around with later...but hopefully you get the general idea. If we have enough interest we could make it 8 teams of 5v5.
3 rounds >
1. Quarters - 2 Best of 9 Matches - Points tallied at the end - Highest total Progresses
2. Semis - 2 Best of 11 Matches - Points tallied at the end - Highest total Progresses
3. Final - 1 Best of 15 Match (Tie Break map decided before the final by both teams - only played if necessary)

Rule Updates:
Please Use clearly identifiable names for the match. Its makes it harder for Useless to follow if u are all using the same name. Any team with unrecognisable names will be given an admin warning - then penalised a map if the name has not changed within 2 map changes

Tie Breaker:
Any Tie Break situation (except the FINAL) will be best of 3 maps. Captains can pick 1 map each - but not one that has already been picked during the war. The last map will be chosen Ballistic.

Quarters| Semis| Final

A v B
-----------------1. WINNER(A v B)
--------------------------------------------------- WINNER(1 v 2)
-----------------2. WINNER(C v D)
C v D

E v F
-----------------3. WINNER(E v F)
---------------------------------------------------WINNER(3 v 4)
-----------------4. WINNER(G v H)
G v H

Panel Members
Pm Me if you are interested in becoming a panel member (please read above to see what you have to do)

CURRENT PANEL MEMBERS:
1. X-Bomb
2. HTML
3. Wish
4. Hoi
5. Riv
6. Torp
7. Basdo
8. Meteor

Servers
I will borrow -8- server unless MyM has any objections. we could probably use the pug server as well. There is no Home and Away matches as this is not a Nations competition. But the Quarters and Semis will be 2 legged games as I like the fact you can always turn it around if needed. This can be re-negotiated to a 1 match game if both captains agree. Pm me if you have a server we can use.

Captains
If we cant get 8 captains there is no cup. Please Volunteer when you signup.

CURRENT CAPTAIN VOLUNTEERS
1. X-Bomb
2. Supermic
3. Wish
4. Disc
5. Hoi
6. Twnz
7. Meteor
8. Salva

Signups:
Sign in this thread, only genuine please!!

CURRENT SIGNUPS
1. X-Bomb (Captain)
2. Thrasher
3. Twnz (Captain)
4. Sneez
5. Pogo
6. Akora
7. Meteor
8. Yako
9. Hoi (Captain)
10. Opium
11. Html
12. JACKEL
13. -Removed- Hospitalised (morph) NRG Replaces
14. Ulv
15. Supermic (Captain)
16. Free
17. Lucy
18. Axl
19. Salva
20. Sphere
21. Wish (Captain)
22. Od
23. Yakz0r
24. Freakeh
25. Ban
26. Peacemaker
27. Spoq
28. Pitbull
29. Syphus
30. Mido
31. DJ
32. Dirz
33. Basdo
34. D1sc (Captain)
35. m1cr0
36. Blade
37. Target
38. YMD
39. Useless Now Promoted to official Cup Journalist
40. Killing_Joke
41. Lenneth
42. jEr
43. Flow
44. Toone
45. NoMercy
46. Gong
47. Solar
48. Black Ninja
49. Snee
50. Riv
51. Mena
52. ODIN
53. Atomas
54. Stylefish
55. Uzi

On Call (if available) Backups: (can replace any player, on any team, in any match as long as they are no more then 0.5 player points higher then the player being replaced for the match)
1. Fat_Jeff
2. Zyx
3. Pete
4. Maxiz
5. Squirrel
6. Gazzy
7. Kelvin
8. Vitzy
9. Killerdude
10. Champ
11. Sausage

Coverage
Official Cup Journalist is Useless
Official Camera man is ^od^
Any requests with cup coverage should be directed to them!

Prizes:
Contribution From HTML: The Prize for the cup will be at least 10 EUROS PER PLAYER of the winning team. \\ Thats One Euro for each year of UT!!!!!!!!!! ;) \\
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
The only 2 conditions to receive your money are to both: 1) have a paypal account 2) contact HTML in the 7 days following the end of the cup.

Contribution From NRG: 5 EUROS PER PLAYER from the Winning team.

Also please Contact HTML if you feel generous/rich and want to increase the reward of the cup.(Or Me, if you dont want to send to USA)

Rated Order (Scores Not Shown Until Teams are picked) - Click Spoiler
1 Wish
2 Twnz
3 Salva
4 m1cr0
5 DJ
6 Riv
7 Uzi
8 Sphere
9 D1sc
10 X-Bomb
11 Od
12 Supermic
13 Dirz
14 Stylefish
15 Yako
16 Free
17 Akora
18 Black Ninja
19 Mido
20 Yakz0r
21 Hoi
22 Ban
23 Spoq
24 Basdo
25 YMD
26 Meteor
27 Snee
28 Lucy
29 Ulv
30 NRG -Removed- Hospitalised (morph)
31 Axl
32 Mena
33 Opium
34 Sneez
35 Sausage Moved to backup - Not going to re-order my list!!
36 Killing_Joke
37 Freakeh
38 Thrasher
39 Peacemaker
40 JACKEL
41 NoMercy
42 Pitbull
43 jEr
44 Toone
45 Pogo
46 Target
47 Useless No Longr taking part in a team,
48 Solar
49 Html
50 Blade
51 Atomas
52 Lenneth
53 Syphus
54 Flow
55 ODIN
56 Gong - No Rating, everyone gave N/A - Gong will be rated 10 for the tournament.

Edit: updated list - now in order of actual x.xxxx decimal scores instead of scores rounded to nearest half point (which didnt give a true reflection of the order)
so if player A has a average score of 6.24 and player B a average score of 5.78 (both players get rounded to 6.00 - but player A will be ranked higher on this list!)
Edit 2: Meteor has resubmitted his list to reflect the scale of 0-10, he was previously giving scores of around 6-10. Overall most players value went lower. Some positions changed.

Backups:
Pete
Champ
Maxiz
Zyx
Squirrel
Gazzy
Kelvin
Vitzy
Fat_Jeff
Killerdude
Sausage

PLEASE INVITE ALL FRIENDS - PAST CLAN MEMBERS EVERYONE - THIS IS THE 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CUP OF UT

Last edited:
That is not true!

Great Idea for the 10th Anniversary, just hope people sign for this!

im in

and if i were to rank people

twnz > dj
its been shown in teh last 15 official uta matches

I am playing too. I think that if the interest is what we can expect sky high to be a part of this unique experience, I am not promising to much, by saying now, that it is a logical answer to think about a reduced games amount for the Assault Cup month. This way the expected games quality and the players availability is extra boosted and therefore guaranteed. :)

100% sure volunteer for ratings team

and maybe signing up for that if matches are gonna be played on saturdays and sundays

also i have a suggestion to make cuz i assumed the teams of 4 or 5 will be fixed and limited to that (like only teams of 4 ppl for a 4v4 tourney no teams of 4-6 players) so to fix possible players absence a sort of "sub list" should be there also, players who aren't allowed to sign in any given team but can play for any team that lacks a player also, assuming the captain of the team asks him to play. Of course the rating system would still apply for the players on the "sub list" and any given team could not go over their limit of rating points. Also the regular members of the team should always have priority on subs.

now that is a good idea imo html.. was thinking that if there were only the number of players per team in any given squad, then player absenses would be a serious concern... like the sub idea tho :thumb: