October 2009 Assault Cup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

To be fair though you said 1v1, 2v2 is different

AS utilises a lot of elements of teamplay whether that be coms, launching etc. the best team will be one that has the best balance, Wish is a good fragger but im sure he'll be first to admit hes rubbish with regards to coms and launching, have a team full of Wish's and im sure theyll do well, but if they came up against a team who had good coms and a variety of players some good at launching or fragging I would say the more balanced team would win.

The luck element in 1v1 is much more important than 5v5, you may trick your opponent in 1v1 to go one way when you go the other, theres luck involved there in that they dont go the right way, in 5v5 Ill tell someone on my team to cover the other way while I go the other, both routes are covered and the teamplay is a part of that. I bet a trick you use in 1v1 to win you a map are less likely to work in a 5v5 situation.

Either way thats all meaningless, the list is there, you knew what system would be used before signing up, if you werent happy with it you could have said something beforehand or not signed up, its a bit late locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

LOL i still think the system is Zzz. Doenst matter though gonna be fun to play. STILL we all know how it will end up anyway....innit.

BTW

Can i post my own rating list in this thread or should i make another thread/post? :)
cause it will sure wont look like current list lol

:rofl:

Make a 1vs1 AS Cup instead well see if the ratings are "True". Only way to show "skilllevel" really. Not people rating others from "pugs" where you usually dont "give a fuck"....Will only result in more flames.

1vs1 AS doesn't prove anything.

BTW

I just remember one HUGE dissapointment with EAC when ever that was.

I asked ADMINS forever before semis to force demorecording some players those wars. Was that gonna happen? No off course not......The suggested players said it would lag their computers and ah i forgott to put autrecord demo "on".....

Well TBH i think if the team on the other side wants demos from a player after the game they should be able to get it. This is well tbh not a hard thing to do. One single click. And its now 2010 already and ppl cant complain they got crap computers that cant handle autorecording.

How about that XB.

BTW

I just remember one HUGE dissapointment with EAC when ever that was.

I asked ADMINS forever before semis to force demorecording some players those wars. Was that gonna happen? No off course not......The suggested players said it would lag their computers and ah i forgott to put autrecord demo "on".....

Well TBH i think if the team on the other side wants demos from a player after the game they should be able to get it. This is well tbh not a hard thing to do. One single click. And its now 2010 already and ppl cant complain they got crap computers that cant handle autorecording.

How about that XB.

id agree with that

I agree eventhou i do have a shit PC with 8 years old and yes demorec on fucks up even more my fps and therefore gameplay

as a rater myself I can say I took all I knew into account when rating players,
frag skill
launch/tricks skill
comms skill
teamplay skill
CURRENt skill (based on inactivity or crap current ping lowering the skill)
example, i personally rated m1cr0 lower than dj d1sc and Riv, mostly based on the fact that I haven't seen him in ages and I assume he's rusty, still I might be wrong and we'll see
also I rated sphere lower than my heart would want to rate him <3 solely based on the fact that he's too shy to use a mic and I personally find teamsay binds to be much inferior than good teamspeak skills.... I also rated wish lower than I would have rated him if he used a microphone and had the same ts skills as say Riv or x-b.

please stop arguing about the list people...

what mym said sums it all, if the list isn't perfect, which obviously it isn't, then as a captain its up to you to avoid the overrated pricey players and spot the bargains in there to get a better team for less points thus winning the tournament. Simple as that.

Now may the best team win !

and stop arguing about ratings.... :rofl:

Last edited:
Ive put Ratings List (well actually player strength order) in a spoiler on the first page of this thread to give an indication of how the voting went.

The actual ratings/scores/points will only made available on request once teams are picked. I have a very nice spreadsheet with all the information!

Not rly a criticism but that list just looks like 'who's the best fragger?' and most other stuff ignored. Fuck it, if that's what the ratings are let's use them, but I wish people would get their heads out their arses and realise that fragging isn't everything :(

lol @ people moaning. Quite simply that list means very little. As MyM pointed out its all about the captains opinion and picking the right players at a value within the spending budget.

The list serves a few purposes. And a lot of people have overlooked it these it seems.

First of all arranging a cup I had to think of a way to attract members of the community who felt they had no chance to play in such a "Div1 only" cup. We have very low numbers in UTA now. By giving players a value and captains a spending limit I have encouraged much more signings then I thought was possible.

The whole system forces captains to think carefully about who they want to pick and also keeps the teams very equal and gives everyone a fair shout at playing. I would like to challenge anyone else to come up with a better system.

The list also does exactly what you say useless. It puts all the fraggers at the top. Is that a bad thing? NO
This only helps divide the fragging power of the teams equally. In this Tournament a lower value can be a blessing in disguise. It gives those team players a real chance to show what they can do.

If you are good team player the captains will know this...believe me I have a keen eye on some of the players ranked lower down the list (more so then those at the top - because I know pretty much what I am getting with those near the top of the list)and am hoping those good lower ranked players get overlooked so I can have them.

If everyone takes the rating system to heart then this cup will fail. Overlook the list > pick the teams > and we play...simple as that!

Last edited:
:rofl:
knew that the bitching will start as soon you rate players. That's just too obvious. When you rate ppl you fuck with their egos. ;)

well, evryone has his own personal view of rating, for me seeing met so low in the list behind such guys above him is just lol'ed :lol: , but there's no point arguing. I'm sure we'll have good fun!
I like my rating, i'll get a good team and if i suck np, won't be hard to be worth the points rate :D ;)