zp-iCTF:Closing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
XRated said:
not true at all , a few ctf players came to try a pug and have now joined clans. od^ being main one i forget others names. If people try out assault , most like it.

Only in atP there are 7 atm:
Still active: Nino, Prezes, Cirek, Dsa
Inactive: pepe, failed, toxic

As you see it is possible. They just need some time and some help from more experienced UTA members at the begining but once they know stuff ... belive me ... they will love it.
I think there are also many CTF players in Santitan.

MyM, you dont see my point. The first 2 months were 2 matches only? Clans actually in the league decided to find other clans rather than play HZ clans or nbk. I know its the same as others but I just thought it was offputting how a new league begins (obviously wasnt here for the start of the others :P)

Regards to the comment on oZ. It isnt like every other league at all. 8 still dominate in std but they dont win every game anymore. oZ could easily have won 100 games in a row if they decided to stay because it was a clan of iCTF players, playing in an Assault league with an ictf division. If a ctf league decided to setup an AS division and 8 joined it, you would win 100+ the same and they would be saying the exact same thing about unfairness :P - Anyway I'm only giving my take on the situation regarding ictf, i like the mod but most o nbk said the same thing and i've seen plenty others saying the same aswell.

I was never aware there was a 2 match limit, we joined in feb and played 3 matches as we enterred late in the month, some of those were HZ teams so dont think its worth saying thats a bad point, maybe say the challenge system wasnt explained clearly enough instead as its obvious some people still dont understand it :)

My point was actually that the top 2-3 teams are always the same teams and have been for the last couple of years, really since the last lot of swap and uas left. Nobody gets better and defeats them, they usually just get bored and leave when the opposition is no longer a challenge to them because they are too good or the other team cant be bothered anymore as its no fun for them. The only difference with ctf was that because the divisions were smaller youd have to play the top teams a lot more often than you do in std where a team playing for fun in the lower divions will never meet -8- or mod etc and thats probably the way they want it. If ictf had more people join the better teams would have more challenge as the skill levels of teams would sort itself out so they would be more likely to be beaten and it would have been more fun for those playing purely for a laugh, as it was the divions were too small to suit everyone.

Another part of the frustration of the iCTF was the way it played on the server. For some reason the aim was unpredictable and unreliable. zp being on or off made little difference and that made some matches to be a wind-up.

Had a gg against -8- last night (didn't lose by as much as we expected to ;) ) but the number of shots I put through people was very frustrating.

DoG peeps swapped to our private server after for some w00t and I know my accuracy felt much higher.

I would like to thank the guys behind the scenes for setting the iCTF up for us, it was generally gr8 fun and I for one am very grateful.

Here's to the next venture :beer:

@ Xrated and Brajan:

I think only chance of making the league bigger again is with a new mod that attracts new players.
When we have them regged here and playing that mod, there is much more chance they actually
gonna spend time to learn assault. Creds to atp and santitan tho, but thats 2 clans in what... 3 years?
A few lowners that played pug once and joined the league aint gonna make it bigger, if you compare
how many old players leaving in much faster number. Im sounding negative... but this is facts imo.

Maber said:
@ Xrated and Brajan:

I think only chance of making the league bigger again is with a new mod that attracts new players.
When we have them regged here and playing that mod, there is much more chance they actually
gonna spend time to learn assault. Creds to atp and santitan tho, but thats 2 clans in what... 3 years?
A few lowners that played pug once and joined the league aint gonna make it bigger, if you compare
how many old players leaving in much faster number. Im sounding negative... but this is facts imo.

Erm i think we already know this m8 :)

Good!
Might should discuss alternative options for ictf league then instead of
concentrate on pro/ias, which of iAS is just as dead as iCTF ;)

/edit: this isnt the thread for it though so ill step out here.

Last edited:
How about an alternative Assault Maps League (ALAM) :P ?

I talk about BunnyTrack Assault Maps :P (we could get the whole Bunnytrack community to Assault? ) or Lego Assault Maps, Maps where you have to fight vs Zombies (ki players from unreal) or where you have to assasinate (protect) bots. (or even AS-Football or AS-FallingDown)

we just make a new ladder and ask some mappers to make a couple of 1337 Maps

B4 I started playing BF2142 I was working on a BunnytrackAssaultmap

the idea is simple:

- build a Bunnytrack Map
- New spawnpoints for the Attacker now and then
- make a teleportersystem for the defender
- give the defender the possibility to defend the map passive (or semi active) -> that means they can trigger mover/traps, kill the attacker from Bunkers/Snipertowers, use/activate autocannons, c4 packs etc.

didn't read the stuff above and I don't know if it belongs here anyway cheers!

That is a great idea! there are a LOT of active BT players which could attract them to UTA, with a great deal maybe starting to play AS then aswell. Lot of great BT mappers aswell. And the idea of AS and BT combined sounds just uber geil :D

Hank said:

I talk about BunnyTrack Assault Maps :P (we could get the whole Bunnytrack community to Assault? ) or Lego Assault Maps, Maps where you have to fight vs Zombies (ki players from unreal) or where you have to assasinate (protect) bots. (or even AS-Football or AS-FallingDown)

the idea is simple:

- build a Bunnytrack Map
- give the defender the possibility to defend the map passive (or semi active) -> that means they can trigger mover/traps, kill the attacker from Bunkers/Snipertowers, use/activate autocannons, c4 packs etc.

Hank said:

the idea is simple:

- build a Bunnytrack Map

hank for admin :nod:

easy - I'm kinda BF2142 addicted ...I still love working with Unreal ED etc. But I cannot create enough maps to give you the possibility to start a new league (or I make many short maps *cough*)

But I'm pretty that we can manage it to attract more ppl to our community when we all work together

...so how about I make the start with my map...all great mappers of the UTA ( and we've got alot) do the same

maybe we also could make an Assault Edit for the 10 Best BT Maps :o ?

any other ideas :o ? what do you think?

Black Ninja said:
I think the 10 best BT maps would be too difficult for the majority of UTA :sofa: maybe start with some easy ones ;)

we better start with our own maps...the BT community will welcome NEW BT Maps (even if they have to play them in AS :P) ^-^

naja just add some of those triggers for defenders like redeemer spam of autorip, arrows in golgo or that uber cannon from Riverbed][? or something that u can summon monsters (assault style, so that u have to "build" it)

XRated said:
tbh i dont think bt maps would work in AS it would be 2ez to defend for a start , + the fact that bt is crap ;p

ur face is crap.

BT owns. l2p it :P

XR you probably think that the defenders can run about free? Defenders would have to bunnytrack to get into position to kill aswell. BT is cool, people who dont like it is cos they cant do it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.