zp-iCTF:Closing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw what happens to this month's matches? can they still be played or are they removed as well?

!r!e said:
replace it with zp-snip only ctf ! i know that there are many servers with that mod on and many players actually play it, and i know that they don t have a league, they tried to build a league but somehow they don t come out their asses... prolly too less experience with running a proper league... if such league would be hosted here, i d bet many of the ppl playin that mod would join such a league, actually there are already many clans for that mod but without a own league... maybe some of these ppl would try assault... we had that funmatch, u remember dave... it was fun, i d play this mod, it s much mmuch more fun than insta.

maybe a good idea if theres nowhere else ,duno much about it

Bossk said:
2v2 died cause its hard that all 4 agree on one date, so maybe allow teams of 3 to sign up league (but still play 2v2)

i like that

and make it 2v2 ias and i'd like it even more

hell screw the old ias league and make it 2v2 asap and maybe there would be some action again

Ðeadßoy said:
Maybe the question that should be asked is

Why didnt peeps like the ictf leauge ?

there were 18 clans at the start

And many of them never played one single match. Others got pwnd few times in a row and they've lost their interest.

I think we din't had enough good advertisment and most of real CTF players never was arsed to play here. They're sticked with CB so i'm not sure if there was anything we could do more. At least we know where we did a mistake and hopefully it won't happen next time ... if we ever start someting different then AS, i hope we do tbh.

Few things I thought sucked about the iCTF league. At the start when all were in HZ and a few got into the league, it was hard for the rest of the HZ clans to find a match. It took nbk 2 months to find a match to gwet out of the HZ due to the rest of the HZ being inactive and the other clans refusing to play us.

Secondly, 2 top clans which were unbeatable pretty much were oZ and to some extent atp. Although with a strong team you could compete with atp. These 2 teams were made up of 1 or 2 Assault players who play CTF aswell but the majority were ALL CTF'ers. I understand the point that Maber made about trying to extend the league and I do agree with that but playing vs them in an iCTF match was pointless.

Thirdly, the map choices. The 1st and 2nd map choices were fine, but the 3rd map choice at random of the maps that WERE NOT VOTED IN was shit because nobody knew them. They weren't voted in for a reason so why should clans be forced to play them as the 3rd random choice map?

This imo caused all inactivity, clans leaving - thus creating forfeits everywhere and then other clans cba either. I would like a 2v2 league again, it think we would get quite a few teams signed up. I quite like the idea of Bossk, but maybe instead of it being a 3man team to play 2v2s, add the option of having a 3rd man because some teams are very active and wont require a 3rd person.

u need to stop thinking about leagues and start heading into tournaments/cups. I suggest a 3v3 tournament.

X-Bomb said:
u need to stop thinking about leagues and start heading into tournaments/cups. I suggest a 3v3 tournament.

I disagree the leauges should cater for all not just the top dm players to play amongst themselves if u want 2v2 or 3v3 you should do it yourselves

not expect others to do it for you

XB, a 2v2 cup was just set up and it was a MASSIVE failure. The only thing that can possibly revitalise this league is another EAC. No one is willing to set it up though so may as well forget that idea for the time being. A new league is needed imo, iAS and ProAS are not as popular as they were and the league is just lolling around uncertainty atm.

Protocol said:
The time has come to close down the zp-iCTF league. The league has been 'dead' for awhile now and doesn't look like improving. From September the zp-iCTF league will be no more and will stay closed until enough interest is back that we decide it is worthwhile giving it another go. Sorry to all those clans who are still playing in the league but there is simply not enough interest to keep it going any longer. To make up for this we are very interested in the suggestions from the 'ProAS/iAS' thread and we will focus on trying to improve other leagues to make them more popular instead of wasting time on a dead ladder.

I would say iCTF is just as small as iAS. so kill them both then.
Problem here is you gonna concentrate on assault. Thing is no new people
could be arsed learning assault since its to difficult/time consuming mod with
all the launch/tacs etc, etc. And our existing members we already know they
dont have the interest anymore, except the few ones still playing. We will never
get our old players back just because (for example) we bring in new maps or
sum other changes. Dont take me the wrong way. Current talk about changes
is nice, but it wont attract any new/inactive members.
I agree iCTF never gonna work. first of all we dont advertise the league and
clanbase is still alive and kicking in iCTF.

But what irie said about zp saCTF is a good thought. There are A SHITLOAD
of zp sniper clans out there, and no league. There is pipgn but that league is
dead as dead. They actively play funwars/pugs instead. If we could advertise
such a league im convinced we will have many clans joining us.

Here many of the sniper clans meet and talk: http://www.worldgamersforums.com/

Last edited:
maybe the way irie and maber wrote about zp saCTF is the way to go.

brajan said:
Have you ever wondered why is this league dead?

I would guess mainly because their matchbooking system is totally messed up.

Last edited:
Ðeadßoy said:
not expect others to do it for you

this is meant for the suggestion thread, its a suggestion, not a demand

and as for the rest,the cup rules, structures and stuff like that arent even set yet, how can u moan that it doesnt cater for all

Torpedo said:
XB, a 2v2 cup was just set up and it was a MASSIVE failure. The only thing that can possibly revitalise this league is another EAC. No one is willing to set it up though so may as well forget that idea for the time being. A new league is needed imo, iAS and ProAS are not as popular as they were and the league is just lolling around uncertainty atm.

Theres a big difference between a cup setup in the forums through 1 thread, and a cup setup through an actual planned system. i guarantee that the EAC wouldnt have been as good if it was done through just 1 thread in a forum

but anyway as i said this cup thing is just a suggestion, and in reality even if people were to like this idea, but the time the implementation for such a system is done the interest would be lost.As humph said, the league is dying, people just dont have the same interest they had before, and theres nothing you can do about it because its such an old game.

Last edited:
Torpedo said:
Few things I thought sucked about the iCTF league. At the start when all were in HZ and a few got into the league, it was hard for the rest of the HZ clans to find a match. It took nbk 2 months to find a match to gwet out of the HZ due to the rest of the HZ being inactive and the other clans refusing to play us.

:lol: lowest division clans arent permitted to reject schedules unless they played a team the previous month or have already met their required match amount. If you had read the rules youd have joined the league a month or so earlier than you did :rofl:

Torpedo said:
Secondly, 2 top clans which were unbeatable pretty much were oZ and to some extent atp. Although with a strong team you could compete with atp. These 2 teams were made up of 1 or 2 Assault players who play CTF aswell but the majority were ALL CTF'ers. I understand the point that Maber made about trying to extend the league and I do agree with that but playing vs them in an iCTF match was pointless.

How is that different to any other league or gametype, you have a few very good teams and they win everything and the others lose interest because there is no contest and no fun. 2v2 league would be the same, like it always has been, youll have a few good teams which will be made up of the more active league members and the rest will all leave after a short while after getting bored of losing every game whilst having no fun doing so. 2v2 leagues only really suit those people that want to brag about how good they are and are very active as anybody else doesnt stand a chance, that doesnt revitalise a league it just makes the less active ppl want to quit.

EAC would again be the same, there was enough complaints last time that rules were unfair and bickering about other rubbish, certain teams losing easily and in the end just giving up, why would that be any different now, infact there will be less people to play seeing as the game is a year older. The system is in place for an EAC or similar tournament but you need people to admin it, plus servers and a variety of people that are actually interested not just a few people from the same 2-3 clans, like you said it most likely wont work. I doubt there are any other leagues that could be created to get new players in and interest current AS players, although im sure if someone can think of something the admins will look into it :)

But for now it would be nice to play some stdAS as weve had 3 months of 2 matches only!

Maber said:
I would say iCTF is just as small as iAS. so kill them both then.
Problem here is you gonna concentrate on assault. Thing is no new people
could be arsed learning assault since its to difficult/time consuming mod with
all the launch/tacs etc, etc. And our existing members we already know they
dont have the interest anymore, except the few ones still playing. We will never
get our old players back just because (for example) we bring in new maps or
sum other changes. Dont take me the wrong way. Current talk about changes
is nice, but it wont attract any new/inactive members.
I agree iCTF never gonna work. first of all we dont advertise the league and
clanbase is still alive and kicking in iCTF.

But what irie said about zp saCTF is a good thought. There are A SHITLOAD
of zp sniper clans out there, and no league. There is pipgn but that league is
dead as dead. They actively play funwars/pugs instead. If we could advertise
such a league im convinced we will have many clans joining us.

Here many of the sniper clans meet and talk: http://www.worldgamersforums.com/

not true at all , a few ctf players came to try a pug and have now joined clans. od^ being main one i forget others names. If people try out assault , most like it.

XB has a point, i'd go for a cup, not for a league, a league, the cup doesnt last that long, but 1 or 2 a year would keep the interest in it high if organised well

Status
Not open for further replies.