zp-iCTF:Closing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protocol

<b>League A</b><b>dministrator</b>
Jul 17, 2001
Newcastle, England
The time has come to close down the zp-iCTF league. The league has been 'dead' for awhile now and doesn't look like improving. From September the zp-iCTF league will be no more and will stay closed until enough interest is back that we decide it is worthwhile giving it another go. Sorry to all those clans who are still playing in the league but there is simply not enough interest to keep it going any longer. To make up for this we are very interested in the suggestions from the 'ProAS/iAS' thread and we will focus on trying to improve other leagues to make them more popular instead of wasting time on a dead ladder.

shame we were having loadsa fun, but arranging was already really tough :(
I excepted it to be more popular than what we've seen from it

:(

didnt they attempt this not so long ago and failed?not enuff interest? or the same thing happended at the start every1 was for it, then after 2weeks boom dead?

I would play 2v2 for sure :) I opened a poll last time and alot were interested, It would last longer than the ctf league anyway imo

Morpheus said:
didnt they attempt this not so long ago and failed?not enuff interest? or the same thing happended at the start every1 was for it, then after 2weeks boom dead?

probably because of the system

That was a 2v2 cup where the draw ruined 50% of it, such as the 2 favourites playing each other in round 1. A league system would eliminate any inactivity.

replace it with zp-snip only ctf ! i know that there are many servers with that mod on and many players actually play it, and i know that they don t have a league, they tried to build a league but somehow they don t come out their asses... prolly too less experience with running a proper league... if such league would be hosted here, i d bet many of the ppl playin that mod would join such a league, actually there are already many clans for that mod but without a own league... maybe some of these ppl would try assault... we had that funmatch, u remember dave... it was fun, i d play this mod, it s much mmuch more fun than insta.

Torpedo said:
That was a 2v2 cup where the draw ruined 50% of it, such as the 2 favourites playing each other in round 1. A league system would eliminate any inactivity.

hes talkin about the 2 2v2 leagues we had before that which died after a few months :p

Irie same was said about iCTF. It's not true there is no league for CTF. There are more CTF then iCTF for sure. Even here in poland we got 3 DM/TDM/CTF leagues.

Look at ClanBase or ESL. I really doubt that there any point of starting it. Of course i might be wrong but as for now i would vote NO.

zp-sniper only ctf ! not normal weapon ctf i m talin about, normal weapon ctf sux ass caus of translocator, and there are many ppl playin zp-sniper only ctf, there many clans for zp-sniper only ctf, they have no league for it, and it s a lot of fun, much better than normal weapons ctf and much much much better than ictf.

Last edited:
2v2 died cause its hard that all 4 agree on one date, so maybe allow teams of 3 to sign up league (but still play 2v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.