youth language

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really understand why breen is that mad about this fact, I know how he feels as i've lost my grandmother and the sister of my mother because of cancer... My mother escaped death because she discoved fast enough she had it.

I really think it has somthing to do with education.. I don't say every low educated person says words like that all the time but i think you could see some sort of context in education and languagebehaviour. It almost seems cool to use words like cancer here in Holland.. that's what's worring me tbh

Well if he asks for a bit more respect and understanding from our side because breen has been faced by cancer it shouldnt be so that people use it in the same thread, where he's asking for a bit more understanding.
immoral and very childish, i don't think breen is waiting for answers like "life with it"he's just pointing out the fact that people use the word in a very disrespecting way.
Think before you act and show breen some respect.

Well I'd like to give my opinion about all this aswell, so here we go.

The way I see it, using the word cancer in a public chan, or server, is a sign of lack of manners/respect.

People who claim to use the word in a habbit problably try to say that they use it when talking to friends. Friends who did not have close family/relatives with cancer, so it is pretty much the same as using the word 'gay' in a straight group of people. No one cares about it, so they use it.

However, when Loco Montana or Kaka, are talking to their parents, boss, teachers, or what not. I highly doubt they will use the word cancer at all. I find it funny to imagine them saying, "Ik had een kanker lekker weekend" against their parents. If I would do that, my mom would smack me in my face and throw me out of the house. :P

So when it comes down to using the word kanker/cancer in a public chan, or like some people do sign a pug game with k-anker<+something> when the pug letter = k. is imo plain rude.

So, if you like to use the word cancer when talking to ur hommies, go ahead we can indeed not stop you from doing so. But if you're talking in a public channel, why not mind your words, it is not that hard.

I don't use the word kanker in irc channels, it might have slipped out once or twice but normally not no. And as for talking to parents, ofcourse we don't use the same words/language to friends as we do against parents .. do you? Do you say flikker,fucking, mongool or something else to your parents? Ofcourse not ..
I wouldn't say kanker to someone who knew persons who had cancer,that's disrespectfull and lowhearted idd.

I don't use the word kanker in irc channels, it might have slipped out once or twice but normally not no. And as for talking to parents, ofcourse we don't use the same words/language to friends as we do against parents .. do you? Do you say flikker,fucking, mongool or something else to your parents? Ofcourse not ..
I wouldn't say kanker to someone who knew persons who had cancer,that's disrespectfull and lowhearted idd.

as a mather of fact. i do. I don't see any reason to speak diffently tbh.

yer obviously using it now to hurt me. If u had some respect for someones opinion, you would never use this now in this thread. You just showed how lowhearted u really are. bah u are a disgrace for this country :mad:
And no way its anything close to 'fuck'. 'Fuck' isnt a uncurable disease, it's something ordinary.

Yes Breeen, loco is an idiot, everyone knows that and yes he may have been aiming to upset you. But you made this thread about people you don;t know using this word, these people aren;t trying to hurt you.

I don't really see the point in this thread, what your trying to prove or get out of it, you know I have a lot of respect for you and afaik we get on ok :cuddle: but I think you really need to ease up on this/let it go, lots of people have to see words thtat shouldnt be, used as insilts - gay for one, and then racial/mental.physical disabilitys etc, but thats the way the world is and has been certainly all the time youve been alive.

Hopefully this is just upsetting because you havent been in this situation before, but I hope it won;t last or your life will be full of discomfort, hurt and will not make many friends in the process.

Well if he asks for a bit more respect and understanding from our side because breen has been faced by cancer it shouldnt be so that people use it in the same thread, where he's asking for a bit more understanding.
immoral and very childish, i don't think breen is waiting for answers like "life with it"he's just pointing out the fact that people use the word in a very disrespecting way.
Think before you act and show breen some respect.

when you read his first post he's asking people to censor it on irc... but i just find it plain stupid that he's asking for it now, when he's godmother got cancer... my grandpa had cancer, and got operated, which went well... But i'm not asking about a censor about this... offcourse it's annoying to some, to others it's just about expressing theirselves.

if your mom got malaria, and people would walk around , long before it was found out at your mom, shouting things like malaria bitch or whatever, would you ask for censor? that's why i said he had to live with it...

for some the word is utterly nasty to hear/see... for the other it's just common...

when you read his first post he's asking people to censor it on irc... but i just find it plain stupid that he's asking for it now, when he's godmother got cancer... my grandpa had cancer, and got operated, which went well... But i'm not asking about a censor about this... offcourse it's annoying to some, to others it's just about expressing theirselves.

Obviously u didnt understand why i started posting this. I just used my aunt as an example. It isnt the primary reason of posting this thread, nor do I want some extra attention for this.
It's simply easier to express your opinion by using a reallife example.

you understand now?

read the first page n a half.. but kinda reading the same thing over and over

the useage of kanker in common language, in a way similar to "fucking" or "gay" as rich described is something you just have to accept. When people use the word you have to understand they are not trying to have a go at you, they are not trying to say "oh im glad your godmother got cancer" - its just a word and they are using it out of its original context, similar to "gay", or people saying "damn thats bad" when they mean something is really cool. Its just slang language and there is no personal message directed at you behind it - its just a word.

Tbh i think you're just being overly sensitive - yes i am sorry that people in your family may have had cancer, but i think you need to man up a bit there m8y. Its like ppl replying with "ur mum" - its just as rediculous to get offended by that, even if you have lost your mother - its not intended to be hurtful, its just a flat response with little real meaning behind it.. like replying SOS YOUR FACE.. etc

On the other hand.. the degradation and dumbing of society into using mindless, meaningless language... now that is a valid point for discussion - i think it stems from the general trend of education becoming less and less "cool" in youth culture.. but then again what can ya do eh? - the media doesnt help at all etc.. tbh too many things which are obvious but i cba to carry on typing about lol

i regret this forum topic, as some people cannot handle some personal information i gave here and abuse it. Shame to see this in this community :\
I hope u can close it now..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.