Wiiiiiiiii

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I've played Zelda now for about 6 hours. (took me like 4 hours to get to the first dungeon/temple, played 2 hours inside the temple.. can prolly finish the temple with 1 more hour)

I'm still sticking to my "wow" which I already said before.

I've always been a huge zelda fan, but my last console was a Snes.
So I've only played the Zelda's on the NES and Snes, and also the GBA one (minish cap) on my DS.
So perhaps the "wow" is simply due to the fact I've never played a 3d Zelda.

I already dig the music, just as other zelda games the music is fucking great.

About fighting n aiming etc, you can "lock-on" to enemies and then give it all you got by slashing around n all without having to worry about aiming. This is also nice when you wanna hit enemies from a distance with a slingshot or so. Of course you can freely aim aswell, but in such cases lock-on is a bit easier and faster.

To those who are afraid that they will be swinging their arms around getting tired, I've played Zelda pretty relaxed from the couch.. so it shouldnt be a problem.

Obviously in 6 hours I havent seen that much of a storyline yet, but what I've seen so far is pretty interesting.

Dunno what else I could tell.. if you wanna know anything specific, just ask.
Thanks.
Played (like you) just SNES and gameboy Zeldas in the past. So i had no idea how the new Zelda "feels" like with this new controller.

Bollocks would I want to be anywhere near someone thats got a full length sword Wii controller, Ive already been smacked in the face twice by my brother just playing tennis with the small controller ffs :rofl:
gg :lol:

And I dont see how the Wii is a step forward, theres nothing special about it. On the other hand the controller is a good addition to consoles and theres no way that other companies like sony and microsoft wont copy it and add it to their product range after they see the feedback nintendo get. Rechargeable controllers would have been nice!
Nothing special about? Yeah, you're right except for the fact that it's unique of course.
And just get rechargeable batteries. And thus far battery-life seems good anyway.

Thanks.
Played (like you) just SNES and gameboy Zeldas in the past. So i had no idea how the new Zelda "feels" like with this new controller.
Played some more Zelda by now (total of 10~11 hours).
Totally love it, deffo a must-buy for Wii-gamers.

The speaker in the wiimote is pretty nifty; sword, slingshot, etc all sorts of sounds coming from it adds quite a level of realism and immersion. :)

This is what happens when MyM plays on the Wii

post64.jpg

Photons dont have mass you dolt, go back to school!

Photons have a mass actually as they are considered to be a particle as i've said.......

granted they have a mass of 0 but its still considered to have a mass since light (photons) can be slowed by matter whereas waves can't.

You should go back to school and not attempt to correct me on science mmmmmkay ;)

Photons have a mass actually as they are considered to be a particle as i've said.......

granted they have a mass of 0 but its still considered to have a mass since light (photons) can be slowed by matter whereas waves can't.

You should go back to school and not attempt to correct me on science mmmmmkay ;)
If something is 0 (zero) it obviously doesn't have it.

0 Mass equals no mass aka massless.

If I have 0 euros, do I have any money? No.

With such logics, all of the following is true:
Humans radiate light, 0 lux to be precise.
Rocks have intelligence with an IQ of 0.
Sketelons have a heartbeat, but it's 0 bpm.
In a absolute void there is wind, but it's 0m/s.

So I still stand by my statement "Go back to school".

Played some more Zelda by now (total of 10~11 hours).
Totally love it, deffo a must-buy for Wii-gamers.
how's the story so far? Interesting?

Photom is the smallest (quantum) unit of light/electromagnetic energy. Photons are generally regarded as particles with zero mass and no electric charge.

is what i know
overall everything conisting of strings anyway :D

If you go by E=mc^2 and knowing that all photons have a non zero amount of energy then a photon has to have mass.
In reality it has bugger all mass, its all down to your definition of mass. Or something like that, I dont remember much of what I studied :D

Keep on topic, photon's mass is not on topic nor is the inner workings of light sabers!

Zzz, it's still such a pain to get a Wii ;)
How's it going anyway Lex, still enthusiastic?

Yup, still having fun. Best. Console. Ever.
Got a few more Virtual Console Games, good stuff. :)
And I've finally gotten extra wiimotes (those are prolly equally hard to get as a Wii).. so now I got 4 for proper tennis n all :)

And Fitness Age 24 ^_^

I got GT Racing on it, and it's really good fun, too. You get a steering wheel surround for the remote and, although it's extremely primitive with playstation 1 type cell shaded gfx, it's so much fun

Does anyone have info about current stock status? I know that roughly 3 shipments have been done for some stores, does anyone in the Netherlands know of a store which might actually have this thing in stock? :p:
I'm probably picking one up in January, but if I could get one before it would be fine too.

Does anyone have info about current stock status? I know that roughly 3 shipments have been done for some stores, does anyone in the Netherlands know of a store which might actually have this thing in stock? :p:
I'm probably picking one up in January, but if I could get one before it would be fine too.
A couple of coworkers are trying to get a hold of a Wii without success.
Only 1 coworker managed to get one and only because his gf works at a toystore and put it aside.
I went along with a coworker through the city (Alkmaar) to check all the stores which sold em, all stores are using orderlists now. Plus it seems every store gives totally different information regarding new shipments. Some say "tomorrow", some say "next week", but most say "Next year" or "We dont know". So I guess you should really get on (multiple) lists or so.
Perhaps if you look around in smaller towns then you might get lucky.. but in big cities its prolly useless.

I managed to get one yey :D

Had it two weeks! Have Wii Play, Wii Sports (Zelda and Red Steel are put aside for xmas day :D )

Wii Play was a bargain, though i couldnt find any for ages and went out of town and found my local games rental shop sold it! I picked it up for £30 with the free wiimote! They were charged £30 for the wiimote on its own anyway :o

Wii Play is fun, the fishing is great! Its not something you can see as a game as its just a bit of fun! Connected to wireless really easily! Now got the Weather Channel which again is fun! You can zoom out and look around the globe and see the weather whilst listening to some ambient music :D

Wii Sports is fun too! I nearly smashed my lampshade to pieces the other day, as was serving on tennis and threw my hand up! Lukily caught the lampshade on the bounce lol

Its a great console, Would Recommend it to anyone! (even non-gamers)

How are the other channels btw? Are all of them online? What are the possibilities? These things are still a bit hard to find at the gaming-sites