Wiiiiiiiii

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i wanna hear more from Zeldaaaa! :D
I've played Zelda now for about 6 hours. (took me like 4 hours to get to the first dungeon/temple, played 2 hours inside the temple.. can prolly finish the temple with 1 more hour)

I'm still sticking to my "wow" which I already said before.

I've always been a huge zelda fan, but my last console was a Snes.
So I've only played the Zelda's on the NES and Snes, and also the GBA one (minish cap) on my DS.
So perhaps the "wow" is simply due to the fact I've never played a 3d Zelda.

I already dig the music, just as other zelda games the music is fucking great.

About fighting n aiming etc, you can "lock-on" to enemies and then give it all you got by slashing around n all without having to worry about aiming. This is also nice when you wanna hit enemies from a distance with a slingshot or so. Of course you can freely aim aswell, but in such cases lock-on is a bit easier and faster.

To those who are afraid that they will be swinging their arms around getting tired, I've played Zelda pretty relaxed from the couch.. so it shouldnt be a problem.

Obviously in 6 hours I havent seen that much of a storyline yet, but what I've seen so far is pretty interesting.

Dunno what else I could tell.. if you wanna know anything specific, just ask.

---

Yesterday I had some friends over, multiplayer is a so much fucking fun.. Wii Sports and Wii Play are already great party-games, can only get better with Mario Party 8 and the likes.
And those friends are deffo gonna come back for more since we had so much fun and laughs. :)

oh and.... don't forget to be carefull

The video of the girl playing wii boxing is pretty funny, I think that even if theres a way to master wii boxing, if you give that game to a real boxer and ask him to knock the computer down using real moves it wouldnt work too good.

The video of the girl playing wii boxing is pretty funny, I think that even if theres a way to master wii boxing, if you give that game to a real boxer and ask him to knock the computer down using real moves it wouldnt work too good.

For me that website its just a recopilation of how stupid ppl can be when they are playing a game with wii. Theres one thing call sensivity on wii, appart from that if u play on wii (f.e. beisball) with the same power like on rl u are just stupid.

The best thing is http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/imag...p://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/images/p53/01.jpg
WTF with bowling?! NERD!

That's because it's simply not a simulation; it's a game. It's the trouble with the motion-mimicking of the Wii, people instantly start to see everything as a simulation, and not a game. Unless the creators of a game consciously attempt to mimic every movement and make the experience as realistic as possible, it's not going to be realistic! It works exactly the same with games like flight games and racing games. Some are simulations, a whole lot aren't.
I'm sure we'll start seeing proper simulations at a certain point for the Wii. I personally can't wait for a 1:1 swordfighting game or something similar.

Oh, and the girl is fucking whack, yet strangely arousing. Take away the video and it sounds like a completely different type of game! :p:

well imho Wii sports was meant as a simulation

and tennis, bowling, golf (except the bloody putter), and baseball (at least the batting part) really react well if you do simulate the exact movements used in the sports, boxing isn't really a simulation and I think it would be possible for the wii to make a real simulation of boxing but eh, its not the wii sports one.

And I also cant wait for 1v1 swordfighting but I think we're gonna have to wait quite a few years before a REAL fight takes place. (way more powerfull console to be able to have realistic sword vs sword physics/precision of movement)

well imho Wii sports was meant as a simulation

and tennis, bowling, golf (except the bloody putter), and baseball (at least the batting part) really react well if you do simulate the exact movements used in the sports, boxing isn't really a simulation and I think it would be possible for the wii to make a real simulation of boxing but eh, its not the wii sports one.

And I also cant wait for 1v1 swordfighting but I think we're gonna have to wait quite a few years before a REAL fight takes place. (way more powerfull console to be able to have realistic sword vs sword physics/precision of movement)

I have no trouble with whatsoever with putting anymore... just practise more, I already posted some hints n tips.
Dont blame the Wii here... if it was the Wii then nobody could putt.

About the swordfighting, I do think it will come to the Wii without waiting for years.
But that will also be a game and not a "true simulation". And the reason for that is simple.
A wiimote is much lighter, so you can easily swing it around real fast and in any direction.
A sword is quite heavy, so you can't easily swing it around like some pill-popping ADHD kiddy.
Thus, it will be a game.. not a true sim. (this goes for Boxing aswell)

Yesterday with friends, 1 kept fucking up during golf.. mostly because he was way too active.
If he would have held a real golfclub he would have hit himself atleast twice every minute and be tired after 5 minutes max. The moment he finally relaxed a bit and actually held the wiimote as a golfclub instead of with 1 hand it went way better.

it'll be no where near when it comes out anyway, ull be in ur living room throwing a white remote control around :p:

it works anyway

considering light is both considered a wavelenght (without a mass) and a particle (photon, with a mass) I really doubt it weights something, but I once cared for Star Wars (before I realised it was mainly for kids and to make alot of money and that the story was full of plot holes) I heard that the lightsaber emitted a strong magnetic field or something that made it like shake or perhaps be somehow attracted to the ground and thus give the feeling of weight but eh that explanation is weak and I don't really endorse it.

Yet yes swords are heavy (I know I have 2) but the general movement can be recreated with light stuff as long and it has roughly the same length (the wiimote is indeed too short to recreate realistic sword movement) so perhaps there could be a special "sword" adapter for the Wii or, like I think, a more powerfull console in the future that will permit realistic swordfights in many games, INCLUDING Zelda. It would be cool I think to actually need skill to fight mobs in Zelda and maybe like deflect incoming attacks by really smashing the enemy projectiles away with a well aimed blow of your sword or realisticly blocking enemy attacks with your sword taking less or no damage in the process.

Anyway the current Wii is already a major leap forward in gaming in general and I think that product totally own.

Bollocks would I want to be anywhere near someone thats got a full length sword Wii controller, Ive already been smacked in the face twice by my brother just playing tennis with the small controller ffs :rofl:

And I dont see how the Wii is a step forward, theres nothing special about it. On the other hand the controller is a good addition to consoles and theres no way that other companies like sony and microsoft wont copy it and add it to their product range after they see the feedback nintendo get. Rechargeable controllers would have been nice!