Why do the majority of you still use Internet Explorer?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I use firefox quite often but ie is habitual, you instincivly reach for the ie shortcut when you want a web browser. Opera is nice but all the new skinning stuff means it's quite heavy weight in memory consumption and takes a little time to load so for me firefox has the edge, opera has become a bit heavyweight, perhaps an opera "light" would be nice.

I use both firefox and IE.

I prefer browsing forums in IE, because in firefox, the animated smilies are ugly, waaaay too fast!!!

Ehm? What's wrong with the download manager in FireFox??
So far i've downloaded lots of it (And resumed, now try that with IE.).
Otherwise i have to use a download manager Like DAP or GetIT(w/e the name is). Firefox's download manager works fine :p:

I use IE cos Firefox gives me an "open in IE" right mouse button option for those shite site that don't work in a decent browser (sites that usually end in .asp).

TBH anyone that I know that has an understanding of how web stuff works (and cares about it) uses Firefox.

Firefox. The thinking man (and woman's) browser.

And when I use the "open in IE" option Firefox gives (by an extension) the browser that it opens is Maxthon (formerly MYIE2 which Phear recommended to me a while back) which takes just the renderer of IE and adds a reasonable browser toolset. (tab browser, popup block etc)

Can't be arsed. Used Mozilla ages ago (now Firefox??) and it wouldn't format a lot of pages properly on my screen. So I went back to IE x.0 and it got hijacked from time to time which was a pisser but not the end of the world. With SP2 IE6 is pretty good. If the features of Firefox are so good, Bill Gates will rip them off for IE7. Mainly just can't be arsed.

switched to firefox when setting after setting in IE wouldnt do what i set it to in IE :D

i find firefox loads pages faster and is affected by fewer exploits.

i use both ie and firefox. why?: Can't do my online banking with firefox. Firefox has problems with some ftp downloads from website's. Firefox loads slower and in stuff like packetnews.com firefox won't copy the command for the bots when u click on the link (VERY VERY anoying):angry:

:bowdown: Tabbing :hump:

People use IE because they know it. For the same reason why you still get people who come out with crap like "I like win98 better then XP" why? "because I don't like the girly gui" <---:confused:

I have found that IE has a lot more tolerance for bad coding. Even more so in javascript, I belive this is very bad as its promoting lazy coding. FF conforms to all the current ISO's, IE seems to go further and makes its own. Now if everyone else conformed to the standards then things would be a lot easier.

You all seem to like your download managers, I recommend you use this. http://downthemall.mozdev.org/

thePROPHET! said:
Well, just dont visit "strange" sites and click everything. Then you won´t have any problems with spyware or other "annoyances"...
Actually, many of the sites that you think are squiky clean and safe probably leave some kind of spyware piece of bullshit behind on your PC I think.
Not that I'd actually give a tiny shit about the safety of my own PC, but I use Firefox because of the tabbed browsing and the fact that it's not Microsoft, but it's still decent ;)

Opera is still the fastest, best overall solution for me.
Firefox is close 2nd, still feels sluggish and or not right in some places.
I don't use IE anymore.