Why do the majority of you still use Internet Explorer?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Martz

Staff member
May 26, 2001
Looking through the forums server stats, I've noticed a lot of people do not seem to use Firefox - they stick with their default IE 6.0 setup. WHY!? Are you guys mad? Or just trust us not to install spyware on your machines?

Personally, I've recommended Firefox to a lot of people such as family and friends. Too much spyware, and too many annoyances seem to be the biggest problems. What's your excuse?! :)

Reactions: Zyx
I've been using Internet Explorer since Windows 98. And aslong you don't visit 'weird' spyware sites, you're pretty safe.
Especially with SP2 and WINXP it blocks most violent sites. With a Firewall you're even more secure.

Con's for FireFox:
Installing every plug-in (like Flash, Java etc., ok once you did that you won't have to do it, but it's still a con)
It loads slower then IE.

Anyway, I have both firefox and IE installed, I use IE for my general browsing ( Forums etc.)
But for my downloads I use FireFox (Excellent download manager:D)

sneez said:
But for my downloads I use FireFox (Excellent download manager:D)

huh?????

lmao

you mean this sarcastically, don't you? pls say yes.

The download "manager" is borked beyond everything else. resuming is seriously bugged,

use FIREFOx, i used IE for 1year, got viruses then use firefox, and had 0 viruses...it stops viruses/popups and u can tab stuff :D also it ownz, and no spyware or anything

www.getfirefox.com

it's awesome :P give it a try, there's nothing to lose also as it saved all ur cookies and favourites :D

sneez said:
I've been using Internet Explorer since Windows 98. And aslong you don't visit 'weird' spyware sites, you're pretty safe. Reason to use Firefox.
Especially with SP2 and WINXP it blocks most violent sites. With a Firewall you're even more secure. With a firewall + firefox you are more secure.

Con's for FireFox:
Installing every plug-in (like Flash, Java etc., ok once you did that you won't have to do it, but it's still a con) Firefox finds the plugins needed in it's own plugin manager / or it links you directly to the download page of it.
It loads slower then IE. To me, it's faster.

Anyway, I have both firefox and IE installed, I use IE for my general browsing ( Forums etc.)
But for my downloads I use FireFox (Excellent download manager:D) The download manager isn't perfect, but it's better than IE's.
I see plenty of reasons to use firefox here.

like subz figured out the speed is as fast as the speed of the IE (well at least for me).
the dl-manager isn't bad and i dont want to miss the Tab browsing.

the security is another big pro.

Martz said:
Personally, I've recommended Firefox to a lot of people such as family and friends. Too much spyware, and too many annoyances seem to be the biggest problems. What's your excuse?! :)
Well, just dont visit "strange" sites and click everything. Then you won´t have any problems with spyware or other "annoyances"...

Reactions: Sudeki`