Which Map of GRZ u like most?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Which Map of GRZ u like most?

• AS-Submarine

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • AS-Submarine][

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AS-RiverBed(AL)

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • AS-RiverBed][

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • AS-RiverBed]|[(AL)

Votes: 40 45.5%
  • AS-Golgotha(AL)

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • AS-BioAssault

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • AS-HeavyWaterFactory

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • None of them, they all suck

Votes: 17 19.3%

• Total voters
Everytime I join Jolt 3 I get that Golgotha. I'm getting the hang of it, though It's still not my map. But indeed, where did Autorip go? Imo It's a great map. Bit spammy but fun :D

Last edited:
Thats not cos people dislike Golgotha, but more likely they dont have it. I've played on Jolt 3 a few times and Golgotha loads and the server is half empty when it was full b4.

Golgotha is eyecandy, but not v balanced and somehow annoying (long run where you cannot dodge)
Riverbed is somehow annoying (You cannot dodge long time while getting up, makes illusion of slow)
Riverbed3 eyecandy+balance.

both maps are eyecandy

i think thats the point who wants a map that looks shite?

River bed 3 is one of the best maps in the league imho

it is played out every time because there is no 20 second route to the finish which i think is great there are tricks that can be done but non that ruin the map its quality.

Golgotha i havent played as much as i would like but this 2 is a linier map.
there are 2 points on golgotha i dont like but i can live with them coz they dont slow the map down to a crawl like the spam points in Lava fort or astenosphere.

infact i hate playing ether of those maps now coz there boring as fuck just a load of people spamming the doors and tight passageways ffs

Riverbed3, Bridge, Ballistic - custom jewels.

But dodging.. yes - i am used to it, it speeds me up - so when I have to go all those slopes up, it makes illusion of "slow walking"

This is worst for me in Riverbed and Golgotha. Otherwise they are pretty good maps, and GRZ are pretty good mapper.

edit: typo

Last edited:
I only like 2 custom maps, well one was a series.
ColdSteel ruled, it was and still is imo one of the best custom maps round.
And siege, that just kicks ass:D

no im not drunk:mad: i dont get drunk anyway:D
but i like siege, id like it even more if all objectives had 2 be completed, in no particaular order though.
And i still say bring back cold steel!!!!!

ehk

make small open maps plz :D or atleast "open" maps, like frigate, mazon and bridge
if golgotha was a 20-30% of it's current size it would probably suit better for league play :D
there's good action in riverbed 3 al, probably because of good weapon-placement and spawnpoints. I like riverbed al also, but not the open spaces - drop a few boxes or something on the ground :D

I'm not sure I can remember 1 single match in which anyone ever complained about spawncamping. (xcept for samantha in mod playing friendly against mi5 wondering why mi5 was being so "unfriendly" (intercepting her launching by the foxholes...), why, u want me being friendly and kill you after you've run for a minute?))

from what I remember matches back then (before eavy) excluded hammer-launching, and spawncamping was obviously not considered to be effective defence - as no clan did it. I was very curious about why eavy made the spawnprotection, as I discussed with him - and he told me he himself that he actually played for ngstats and spawncamped whenever he could...

I do feel spawnprotection was more or less forced upon the league, I disagreed with anna, together with spiritguide and terminator - (but for totally different reasons than them - they disliked the "allowance" of spawncamping while I disliked the spawnprotection...). suddenly eavy was used, plain and simple, decided by the league-administration (which they had all the right in the world to do... make your own league if you disagree and stfu).

I don't think any individual map-maker or eavy kept assault alive or improved it all too much. phear, and phear alone, managed to keep assault alive.

this poll is useless btw :D make a poll asking what type of assault-maps you would like to see created instead...