Which Map of GRZ u like most?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Which Map of GRZ u like most?

• AS-Submarine

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • AS-Submarine][

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AS-RiverBed(AL)

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • AS-RiverBed][

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • AS-RiverBed]|[(AL)

Votes: 40 45.5%
  • AS-Golgotha(AL)

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • AS-BioAssault

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • AS-HeavyWaterFactory

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • None of them, they all suck

Votes: 17 19.3%

• Total voters
I like riverbed 2 AL very good looking and good sountrack. It looks proffesional!
icon14.gif

"None of them they all suck" isn't a very polite option when someone is working as hard as they can for the benefit of everyone :(

Not that I voted for that option, but if people honestly don't like his maps then that is the only option available... other than not voting of course :)

im just thankfull that Phear, GRZ take the shit they do and carry on regardless were others have just said "fuck this why should i bother" and i know 2-3 people have done that now because of the un constructive critissum ,i didnt know just how much bollox these guys got till now really and the amount of work ,hard work,time and effort that is put in deservs a little more than to be slagged off tbh
what they do may not be perfect and my not suite all but tbh with out these guys and the others who have helped Assault would be dead.

the time it takes to build a map that works with no glitches and has the right spawn points wepon placement fs and the time codeing things like league assult i know coz ive worked on maps and tryed to code and its a really hard process that alone deservs some kudos.

and before anyone says NRG sticking together thats bollox
i have tottal repect for anyone who takes time out to improve and develop something for the good of a comunity and asks nothing in return that shows depth of character .

but i would tottaly understand if they just said right fuck it i really carnt be arsed with this anymore, i just Hope that that doesnt happen.

Opti

I don't like Golgotha indeed. Other maps are alright to me.(exept Astheno. It's even more shit then guardia is). I even start to like Siege. Golgotha looks great but it isn't my map.

Waheeey what a heated discussion (read: flame war). Waheey heres my $0.02.

Eavys attitude was to do what he thought was best for AS and fuck anyone who thought what he was doing was wrong, this bought him a lot of respect from ppl within the community (myself included) esp at the start, since he didn't listen to the whingers and whinners and did something the majority of the community saw as great. However it turned rather sour when a lot of the community thought he took things too far and started to include some unpopular features. The result was Eavys choice to offer a host of options for server admins to choose from, thus throwing the resposibility for the implementation of any "unpopular" features onto the admins, he could claim it wasn't his doing (in the same way the CSHP crew blamed buggy CSHP use on servers on the server admins), and what he was saying was right. Ultimately however the choice of options and lack of Epic support buried the ABP and with it any chances of Assault have a "serious" following in the future. Still he is due a helluva lot of respect, his efforts did go someway towards achieving their goals, and its more Epics and the communities fault than his that they didn't amount to everything he hoped.

Its strange that you say the ppl who slated Eavy are the same who backed GRZ. Very few of the same people are still around (at least actively), so you must only mean in attitude and beleifs and in that respect they are very much the same.

Claiming Eavy revolutionised assault is somewhat of an overexaggeration, and also highly hypocritical unless you agree with everything Eavy beleived Assault should be (spawn camping and no launching included). If you refer to this "revolution" as the switch from stictly no spawn camping to spawn camping under conditions (spawn protection etc) then the League Administation of the time (myself, Anna and Fronk) was the biggest reason for this so called "revolution". The decision to allow spawn camping was an amazingly unpopular one at the time, and some of the admins had a shit load of balls sticking with it, Anna especially who lost 2 of her clan mates over it yet still stuck by it, beleiving it was the right decision, we watched a helluva lot of discussions and arguements over the subject and a few ppl up an leave (90% of whom returned l8r). I would hardly call it a revolution either, many ppl touted it as having such a profound impact on the game, but did it really? Bearning in mind a lot of those that left subsequently returned and the concept is a helluva lot more popular today than it was (although still controversial).

You are right people have a right to dislike GRZ maps, as they have right to dislike Eavys ABP and my LeagueAS. It is the manner with which people decide to show this dislike that is more often than not, out of order. GRZ knows I don't particularly like Golgotha, from a mapping/technical standpoint it is a masterpiece, and I haven't seen a map that can beat it, but form a playability stance (esp League games) I don't think it is a good map, its too linear, lacks options and is too sniper intensive. From that you should see what I mean by constructive critisism and not the unconstructive put down crap most people are all to easy to offer. In this instance tho it isn't the people who voted for that option, if they don't like GRZ's maps it was the only option they had, but Prophets for the crappy wording of the option. In a poll asking which you like the most, I don't see the reason for having a "I dont like any of them" anyway, those ppl just need not vote. Although I'm sure Prophet had no mal intentions, his wording was somewhat "unfortunate", and as this thread shows, provocative.

Give thanx and praise where due and provide constuctive critisism where you think nessacary and AS maps & mods can only continue to develop further with those few remaining developers left actually sticking with it....

Anyway I think thats about enuf bollox from me, Class dismissed :P

Sure u can like and dislike wot u like. Just think it was worded nasty and maybe this thread should never have been started. Sure this thread gives the option of praise but it also leads the way to nastiness to ppl who r doing nothing but devoting time to do things for other ppl.

I have thought phear and others should give up on the league a long time ago. But they don't for the ppl who appreciate it. The ppl in this league spend hours working on it because they enjoy it but also because they enjoy doin it for other ppl. Soon all the shite they get will stop them spending their time for u and the league will end :D

Not saying ppl should constantly say thank you martz for the forums, thank you phear for the league and thank you grz for the extra maps cos thats stoopid but b4 ppl run in insulting and leaving the door open to insults (like the option on this poll) they should take one minute to think about wot ppl actually do for them.

No doubt i'll get flamed for this also but hey i kinda expect it cos im obviously saying all this for some other motive :P

Well me and Phear have had an argument or two over UT. The fact is that a few people try and force the majority to play how they think it should be, this isnt done in a nasty way but just as a side product of their projects like EAVY Mod. Bug fixes such as Flag shot and door blocking are not a problem.

The biggest gripe between players isnt features in LeagueAS or EAVY its features that change a maps game play. Phear has changed the HUD and added teamsay commands and a whole host of things which i havent seen anyone moan about, simply cos if you dont like them you turn em off.

I think while they do things that are sensible and dont have an effect on the games style or a maps fair play people are happy.

New Maps are the same because the Admins look at maps like Autoprip and Golgotha and suggest Autorip because its a better map from a league play perspective, fair enough . The players then vote and say oh no Autorip sucks we prefer Golgotha because its fun to play. What happens nothing, we get neither map from that round of voting.

It is the manner with which people decide to show this dislike that is more often than not, out of order

Well the problem is people say well we dont want Autorip, we want golgotha and the admins say well tough titty we (3 admins) say your(100-200 players) voting on Autorip, it pisses peeps off and they deliberately vote so admins dont get their wish. The first Autorip vote proves it, it was ranked equally as bad as Geko and didnt get voted in. If the admins had listend and said ok u can vote for Golgotha would it have got in?? Yeah i think so.

END RESULT ADMINS get narked cos stuff they do for FREE and what they see as to 'OUR' the communities benefit get bad mouthed. Simply cos they aint listened.

Bit like Phear saying that he aint bothering with the AL maps cos the whining moaning cunts. Well if their moaning outways the yeah well dones maybe they were right???

Its catch 22 the admins cant ask the players about everything cos its such a prolonged task, equally the players think they should be asked about everythin because its their game too. It would be nice to say well if we do x y or z this would make a good solution and solve the rpoblem. Unfortunately everyone likes to play assault in a slightly different way to others and like different types of map too.

Well my reply to Ulfie prolly wasn't the best piece of diplomatic sentence structure ever either...but for the record I happen to like Riverbed3 and Golgatha

i love riverbed3AL and i didnt like golgatha
but playing it on Jolt 3 alot and it now rules :)))

but i must admit river3 is the best map atm

yeah golgotha is a nice map, especially because of the distinct atmosphere in it, but riverbed3 is sooo smooth when it comes to gameplay, fast, intensive, nicelly balanced, evrything a league map should be...

I have played most of Grz`s maps and can truthfully say i liked them all, while some are better than others each map seams to get bettter and better. I posted for riverbed3 at first but since playing gola a lot on jolt3 this map has really grown on me and now is my fave :) Grz keep up the good work most of us like them and those who don`t are missing some good fun maps to play on :)