WASD vs Arrow Keys

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What Do You Use?

• Total voters
People got problems with moving their keyboard? Or you dont have space on your desk too move on? :P

I used to use arrows, but I switched to WASD as its more natural (depending on where your keyboard is compared to your mouse). I also have a run button on my mouse, so I can reach other keys :D

Pete said:
right mouse = moveforward
shift = walkbackwards
zx = strafe

:banghead: :sofa: :lol:

wtf :confused:

$kunk\\'eeD said:
One guy in that clan only has one arm! Yeah 1 fookin arm.
he is'nt the worst player in the clan either. So how does he do that? lol
lol

maybe he uses his feet to control the mouse? I saw such a guy in TV yesterday

i bet none of u could use my keys :p
f=forward d=back s=right a=left space=jump c=crouch w=hammerbind

now they pwn :p

Joko said:
i use arrow keys because i find that wsda has too many keys around them, so if i do a dodgejump i sometimes change weapon at the same time :(. I also hate using space to jump, and if i use shift i feel its too far away for my pinky to stretch to control to crouch.
deducted from that statement your fingers must be at least 3 cm in diameter and only 5 cm long :P

Arrow keys for UT, in most games I just use whatever the default controls are.

arrow keys

Up=MoveForward
Down=MoveBackward
NumPad0=StrafeRight
Ctrl=StrafeLeft
MouseWheelDown=Jump
MouseWheelUp=Jump

a bit confuse i know but i cant play with WASD :(

i use wasd, ofcourse i get rid of sticky keys .......only thing that disturbs me is the caps button

Sauron said:
:lol:
and which finger do u use for which key? o_O id understand it if u had ezxc, with w...

W=forward
Z=left strafe
X=backward
C=right strafe
S=crouch

Old habits die hard. That key conf is from the game Terra Nova where you couldn't assign your own keys at all and that was the first FPS I ever played thus the conf has followed me throughout the years :D It's a bit straining to the arm but I've gotten used to it..

kooma said:
W=forward
Z=left strafe
X=backward
C=right strafe
S=crouch
ok but i meant which finger, usually one uses the middle finger for forward, with your configuration id have to use the ring finger for w else id have a seizure within 5 minutes.

I use arrows. Only for games wich require lots of shortcuts i use WASD. (ie. Splinter Cell)

SoldierBoy said:
arrows..
numpad0=crouch
ctrl=jump
numpad1=spam weapons
mouse wheelup=range weapons
mouse wheeldown=close combat weapons

Hoho so that's why you're always bending over and i jumpy humping all over you with y numpad0=jump ;)

Sauron said:
ok but i meant which finger, usually one uses the middle finger for forward, with your configuration id have to use the ring finger for w else id have a seizure within 5 minutes.

Yeah I use mid finger for forward too.. bit a of a reach but I'm used to it now.