WASD vs Arrow Keys

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What Do You Use?

• Total voters
I use WASD but I can see how maybe ESDF or RDFG could be better as there would be even more useful keys but you would need excellent finger co-ordination ;)

Used to use Arrow keys but I find there arent enough keys around to suit. :shout:

Got kind of a odd key setup too, ive always used this setup since i can remember.

E=forward
C=backward
w=left
R=right
A=crouch
spacebar=jump
D=hammerbind
Mousewheelup = scroll weapon up
Mousewheeldown = scroll weapon down
mouse1/mouse2 normal

Played with that setup at lans and people thought it looked awkard but ive always played like it.

Nanko, actually that explains me alot about Paa's attack !

Always thought he did not use his hammer alot in attack, for example at bridge ....:P

kooma said:
Yeah I use mid finger for forward too.. bit a of a reach but I'm used to it now.
ill never challenge u for fingerwrestling :P

$kunk\\'eeD said:
One guy in that clan only has one arm! Yeah 1 fookin arm.
he is'nt the worst player in the clan either. So how does he do that? lol
my guess would be a joystick, coolie hat for the movement and the stick for the aim, or he has a mouse with about 20 buttons, however, RESTECP as ali G says :D

kooma said:
Yeah I use mid finger for forward too.. bit a of a reach but I'm used to it now.

m8 your key combination is physically and biologically imposible, please take a picture of your hand and post it here :P

Paa` said:
Got kind of a odd key setup too, ive always used this setup since i can remember.

E=forward
C=backward
w=left
R=right
A=crouch
spacebar=jump
D=hammerbind
Mousewheelup = scroll weapon up
Mousewheeldown = scroll weapon down
mouse1/mouse2 normal
lul i tried to play with this configuration. dunno how you can play without breaking your fingers :lol:

Reactions: M®.F®0$T
Well people have watched me play like this at UTassault lan's the (-8-) lans for instance and it feel's fine for me i used to have a very very small pull out shelf to put both my keyboard and mouse so i had my left had right on the far corner of the keyboard and they were the only keys that seem'ed to work.

My thumb does hammerbind backward and jump if that helps u understand it then 3 middle fingers do forward left/right little finger does crouch tips of middle fingers do weapon binds on 1-2-3 aswell but im still getting used to that.

would be nice to have hammerbind on mouse =D i got like Backwards and Forward button on it like u use when ur browsing on the internet how do i attach the hammerbind 2 it?

WSAD, Shift jump, Space hammerjump bind, and rest of keys with console spamming taunts...."You like that!!?"

ZoLa said:
would be nice to have hammerbind on mouse =D i got like Backwards and Forward button on it like u use when ur browsing on the internet how do i attach the hammerbind 2 it?

i use a program called mousemapper ;) . It activates mousebutton 4 and 5. Usefull for games that doesnt support them. In UT u need to select a button for hammerbinding, for example E. Go to Mousemapper and bind Mousebutton 4 to button E. (Mousemapper always need to be active to let it work)

Attachments

• Mousemapper.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 25
ZoLa said:
when you have an microsoft mouse, use the new intelli-point software ;)

i played my first year @ut and this league with sidewinder gamepad :P
now arrow keys and weapons at num-pad (mousewheel dont work) :(

Last edited:
ZoLa said:
if you have a Logitech mouse you can bind a mousbutton to any UT action pretty easily