Videogame characters

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

But thats what made the game really good!

Seph owns all though, he even survives OMNISLASH from cloud thats how hardcore he is.

(Well i guess so because hes in advent children ;) )

Erm, well not really. Im just guessing. But it would suck if hes not alive. The movie isnt released so how would i be able to spoil :P?

Wouldn't mind being Jake Logan from Tachyon: The Fringe. Because he's voiced by Bruce Campbell, which would be really cool :P

'Groovy :cool:

I'd probably have to go with Magus from Chrono Trigger or Auron from FFX.

I'd like to say that Cloud is a horrible character (and FF7 is so overrated it's obscene). Neither is Squall from what I could tell (I got about halfway through disc 2 of FF8 and realized I wasn't having fun). You want a good lead character from the FF series? Look at Zidane from FF9, who isn't moody and knows how to have a little fun.

Reactions: Menace
Inferno said:
I'd probably have to go with Magus from Chrono Trigger or Auron from FFX.

I'd like to say that Cloud is a horrible character (and FF7 is so overrated it's obscene). Neither is Squall from what I could tell (I got about halfway through disc 2 of FF8 and realized I wasn't having fun). You want a good lead character from the FF series? Look at Zidane from FF9, who isn't moody and knows how to have a little fun.
:bowdown:

Squall becomes "human" somewhere at the end of Disc2, or somewhere on disc3; shame, shame.

But I loved him from the start really, he might be a tosser with a shit attitude, but he has his reasons in the end I guess.

Thanks for the FF7 comment though, I was getting my hopes up alot after ppl told me FF8 was crap and FF7 was t3h pwns, but atm I really don't see why FF7 is better :x

I can't believe I'm actually reading this thread.

But I'm going to stand up for Squall - I actually had a haircut exactly like his (just a little less "wavier", real hair doesn't wave around in the wind as much as his :P). I actually had most of the kind of stuff he used to wear just out of coincidence. Apart from that girly double-belt of his and ofcourse his gunblade.

And the people who love FF7 soooo much more than any other is because they are anime freaks \o/. In true the FF7 ending is the worst of more recent times, FF8 and FF9's endings feel a lot more rewarding. However, the final battles in FF7 are probably the best boss battles of any FF. It's a pity the story and ending was full of holes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace
Miner said:
I can't believe I'm actually reading this thread.

But I'm going to stand up for Squall - I actually had a haircut exactly like his (just a little less "wavier", real hair doesn't wave around in the wind as much as his :P). I actually had most of the kind of stuff he used to wear just out of coincidence. Apart from that girly double-belt of his and ofcourse his gunblade.

That is just fucking cool, green rep for you!

Reactions: Sudeki`
'Neither is Squall from what I could tell (I got about halfway through disc 2 of FF8 and realized I wasn't having fun).'

So true. FF8 was just shite all the way through. I tried to like it and enjoy it but it sucks arse.

And I bought FF7 cos it came on 4 disks - I knew nowt about Anime or Manga and I still don't. I just wanted an RPG that would take me ages to complete and that was it :)

Useless said:
So true. FF8 was just shite all the way through. I tried to like it and enjoy it but it sucks arse.

Must have a really different taste then, I have exactly what you have with FF7.

Try to explain what sucks about it though, I did so for FF7, kinda :)

triple post hurrah, but got something to say:

Has anyone played Final Fantasy X then? out of all FF games I played I must say that's the one I enjoyed the most as far as the actual playing goes. I still can't beat it cuz my PS2 is fuckz0red (it scratches CD's and loads slowly, my brother dropped it, lol) but I'm less than 4 hours away from the boss I'd say.

Storyline and Character design is great in FFX (well, in every FF game, but this game stands out a bit, esp with the characters), voice acting is also quite neat, and blitzball is a blast.. other than that the game doesn't have the magic of FFVIII for me, but it was still great fun to play through it.