Upgrade to vB3

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Humph said:
What exactly is the point in these usergroup things? what are they for? :confused:

Thats a very good question, but since your banned for 3 days you won't hear my thanks until after you logout.

A usergroup can be thought of as a clan.

Each clan that has a hosted forum here will be viewable in the usergroups section of your control panel. Each clan leader will be a leader of the usergroup, and people on the forums can request membership of the usergroup, the leader can then reject or deny the user access to the group (clan).

What that all means is that you can request to join a clan on that has forums here, and the leaders can say yes or no. If they say, you will automatically be able to see their private forums. The new improved way in which it works also means that people can be in multiple clans, i.e. StdAS, iAS etc, and still be able to have seperate control over each one.

So this is very good news for the people who have forums here, and the people wanting them in the near future.

thePROPHET! said:
Rgr, read that. And the Style Stuff?

Btw, change ur title :P

Nope, no styles control panel at the moment, since they have completely changed the way they work, the templates and everything. Which is why the main ones were in such a mess. What I can do is sort each clans out and fix broken images, change colours and header graphics. From what I can tell at the moment, its not worth making major changes to the styles as we have been warned that when future version of vB come out it will reset them again. :mad:

thePROPHET! said:
Sorry to bother, but i hope u work on the Community Panel aswell :D

I miss my blue forum *sniff*

i see poof has probs aswell :D

Martz. can you getr a new graphics for the quick repls button. becasue this way most people will use the quopte button for some time. a) cuz it loks like the old reply button, b) because its larger.

else than that i see a lot of improvements.

what i want is:
computer and location etc on the left.
the community panel link. :)

ah well is it possible to import the old style into the board?

Martz said:
A usergroup can be thought of as a clan.

Each clan that has a hosted forum here will be viewable in the usergroups section of your control panel. Each clan leader will be a leader of the usergroup, and people on the forums can request membership of the usergroup, the leader can then reject or deny the user access to the group (clan).

What that all means is that you can request to join a clan on that has forums here, and the leaders can say yes or no. If they say, you will automatically be able to see their private forums. The new improved way in which it works also means that people can be in multiple clans, i.e. StdAS, iAS etc, and still be able to have seperate control over each one.

So this is very good news for the people who have forums here, and the people wanting them in the near future.

When i click onto the Usergroup page, (see pic)
the only groups that it would let me join is SYUM and the Public test group.
Have joined the Public test group(just to test it out) and (b4 i new what it was) i asked to join the SUYM group.
how do u add groups? or r they Set auto?

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 126
sobo said:
i see poof has probs aswell :D

Martz. can you getr a new graphics for the quick repls button. becasue this way most people will use the quopte button for some time. a) cuz it loks like the old reply button, b) because its larger.

else than that i see a lot of improvements.

what i want is:
computer and location etc on the left.
the community panel link. :)

ah well is it possible to import the old style into the board?

Everyones styles are "imported" - except that the header stuff has changed, and most people had a URL to their boards. Im gonna try something for images now.

zombie said:
When i click onto the Usergroup page, (see pic)
the only groups that it would let me join is SYUM and the Public test group.
Have joined the Public test group(just to test it out) and (b4 i new what it was) i asked to join the SUYM group.
how do u add groups? or r they Set auto?

You can't create groups, at this time. But thats a good idea for the future...

Everyone who has a clan forum here, has a usergroup setup for them already. The {SUYM} is a test to make sure it worked as expected. So everyone elses groups will be made public (but with leaders to approve applications), i.e. ADC, BoD, Ai, etc. That will happen a bit later on.

Very well done Martin! It looks very different, but as always, people start to moan very early!

I'll complain later when its done, i assume this isnt the final layout yet :) The options of vb3 are alot better, and it was worth the upgrade!

Maybe people can stop complaining till Martin's done with upgrading/doing layout/other stuff, and then give suggestions about stuff like alignement, gfx, coding, etc.

Restecpa!

Deadl¥ said:
Very well done Martin! It looks very different, but as always, people start to moan very early!

I'll complain later when its done, i assume this isnt the final layout yet :) The options of vb3 are alot better, and it was worth the upgrade!

Maybe people can stop complaining till Martin's done with upgrading/doing layout/other stuff, and then give suggestions about stuff like alignement, gfx, coding, etc.

Restecpa!

:thumb::nod:

You know whats b0rked? Everytime i reply (or prolly the others too) to a message, vB redirects you to the post, but it´s reloading every single image.. on the old one i was used to not experience such a huge reload, it was kinda cached...

thePROPHET! said:
You know whats b0rked? Everytime i reply (or prolly the others too) to a message, vB redirects you to the post, but it´s reloading every single image.. on the old one i was used to not experience such a huge reload, it was kinda cached...

Yeah I know what you mean.. I put this down to the way the browser is rendering the page. For whatever reason, it seems to wait until all of the source code has been fetched from the server before it displays it. The old vB used to start displaying the posts as soon as the were fetched from the database, when it was going slow you could scroll down as each one was loaded. :\

I can mention it over at vB, hopefully someone already has. It's not something I can change, that I know of. :shake:

Is it an idea to make some sort of header contest? I mean, there are alot of skilled gfx developers in utassault as far as i know, and, tbh, im not very impressed @ the logo of utas how it is now.. + the logo doesnt seem to fit into the forums ( i actually dont like the black anyways, would be better if its a grey background, dont like the contrast).

Just an idea :P :yipee:

Martz said:

Does this mean you will be making new clan forums etc?

There may be new stuff coming soon, vb3 has some subscription stuff, so you may see a built in donation system (with added priviledges for ppl who do) and subscription based clan forum hosting :D

At the moment we're just trying to get everything working before we even think about adding new stuff.