Upgrade to vB3

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

quickreply, why do i have to first click on quickreply before i can acces the quickreply window?

Seeker said:
quickreply, why do i have to first click on quickreply before i can acces the quickreply window?
If you look at the bottom of the thread (or in your user cp) you can choose 3 different ways to view a thread.
The threaded view is like a usenet newsgroup, u have a tree of posts, each post in a thread is a reply to another post. It is therefore critical that the forum know where to put ur post in this tree view.

If we'll keep these alternate viewing methods, or have some other way of activating quick reply I don't know, we havn't really got that far in the configuration process yet.

what happened to the CommunityHostingControlPanel?

*edit* just read your private message CS, so this question has been answered :D

Last edited:
Hopefully people will see a speed improvement on the forums now, since all of the rebuilds for the search engines, statistics and attachments have been done which happened over the first few days and were very intensive.

If you do find the forums slow in showing the actual page, I'm with you on that one too at work. For some reason some threads show ok, others which are longer and more complicated take a long time to render - which is a pain. Hopefully that will change with the templates, if they dont have a quick fix in the mean time.

Humph said:
I'm talking about the fact that you can still read posts without even being logged in.

Don't see that as a problem myself. Actually its quite neat if you just want to check particular forums without having to go to all the hassle of logging in...

are we getting the grey style back at all? Dont like this one lol (v minor issue i know :D)