Trance?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Is Trance good?

• NO absolutely not!

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I manage to switch to another channel/song in time.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • It's ok!

Votes: 29 60.4%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Despise
i just dont like all those computer sounds they use, doesnt matter in what track, i just cant stand it most of the time...

btw to me trance and stuff sounds to me like ''happy'' music, and music is kinda important for me, and i dont like ''happy'' music. that why i listen to my kind of music. ill rather kick some1 in his face while listining to my music then to dance with a horny chick.

and i heard enuff of it to get a decent opinion about it, coz i hear that music alot coz of my work.

Tottally agree with this. Tho I can listen to the crap music since every goddamn club tunes the crap. I rather hear the sounds of electric guitars and drums. Not some happy fluffy tail who pressing some buttons to beam up Captain Picard. Although nobody can actually hear it coz they don't wanna hear it hardrock/metal has a lot of feeling in their songs. Like Des wants to kick ass with these songs. So do I or just dance on it. Metal forever!!!

webdscn1040ill451ll.jpg

while i dont like trance you cant say i dont like dance music iam big fan of drum and bass, trance to me is to samey least with drum and bass you get good beat changes unexpected beats etc etc I`am also into old eltronic music ie like mike oldfield, jmj omd etc etc. Music taste is a very personal thing and you cant expect everyone to like the same stuff as you do, even in metal music cos while i like metal lotta this new stuff is complete pants.

/me puts on some ACDC

Originally posted by Mr_Bungle
Take one irratating vocal shriek,add loud yet bland drumloop,3 notes from a keyboard and perhaps some piss poor samples...voila!Trance! ...

God damn the choice you have for dance/electronic/dj'ing.....DJ Shadow,DJ Food,Royksopp,Avalanches,Rae and Christian,AIM,Daft Punk,Dan the automater,Lemon Jelly....i could go on but i'm boring myself now.
That is such a steroetypical view .. I havent heard any trance tracks that have "vocal shrieks" in it .. perhaps you should check a track by lange first .. as for the star trek "beam me up" noises, well I got no idea where that came from .. but yes electronic music is to an extent repetitive ..

As for those djs uve mentioned well none of them are trance artists (hmm) .. having checked them to see what exactly they are .. abstract and downtempo .. looks like ur a bit out ..

Oh and quit saying dance music .. im only talking about trance music .. not techno or house or club or dance or anything else .. :)

Crusader

Edit the pool options to #4 It totally 0wnz FFS :D
Trance ownz enough said :) Goa, trance or psychelic is the best there is!

Cru instead of telling everyone all this, why not list about 10 songs for people to sample, and tell them to rate them after giving them a good listen to. That's the only way you are gonna make ur point.

If i havent heard any of the ones u list then i'll be happy to give u my opinions on them, and im pretty open minded muscially (even though my favorite genre is definitely not any kind of trance genre..) so i won't be bias.

Hm I would .. but tbh I doubt it would change ur (or any1 else's) opinion .. to like trance you have to start by liking electronic music and well it doesnt bother me that people dont like it, what bothers me is that certain people feel the need to publicly air their views about it .. fine u dont like it .. no need to open a store and sell t-shits with "i dont like trance" logos :p:

But if u still want tracks then lmk and ill choose some .. depends on what your after tho? vocal? hard? progressive? goa? tech? psychadelic/israeli?

Crusader

i have quite a bit of goa (hallucinogen and shit like that is goa right?) already, quite like it.

You say that the commercial trance is cack, so I just wanted to hear some more of other types which arent so well known, if u wouldnt mind listing some u reckon are good then i'll hava butchers.

Hmm if u want more goa then Id recommend MWNN (man with no name - uk artist) and infected mushroom .. MWNN - Teleport [Acceleration Mix] is a superb track :)

Hmm gimme a bit to decide which tracks to recommend .. in the mean time u could check James Holden - One For You (another uk artist - progressive trance) ;)

Crusader

Ok .. THE list hehe :smoke:

Nice Vocal Tracks (No shrieks):
Matt Darey Presents Mash Up - Beautiful [Original Mix]
Lange Ft The Morrighan - Follow Me [Lange Club Mix]
Perpetuous Dreamer - The Sound Of Goodbye [Armin Van Buuren Mix]
The Space Brothers - Everywhere I Go [Original Vocal Mix]

Nice Trance (slightly progressive):
Moogwai - Viola [Armin Van Buuren Mix]
Airwave - Another Dimension
Cascade - Transcend [Moonman's Trancentral Mix]
Phrenetic System - Intensity
Moon Project - Moments Are Forever [Original Mix]
Push - The Legacy
Plastic Boy - Dahab
William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings [Ferry Corsten Mix] <- track that got me into trance :)

Nice (ultra) Progressive Trance:
Planisphere - O
The Green Martian - Industry

Nice Hard Trance:
K90 - Form Of Life
Nostrum - Blow Back 2000 [Original Mix]

:mischief:

Crusader

Trance ownz. :nod:

But non of that cheesy stuff, which is what is mostly heard here in the states:snore:

But music choice is all in one's preference and for me and Cru its Trance :)
the best trance imo is from:
Ferry Corsten
DJ Tiesto
Paul Van Dyk
Gouryella :D - Tenshi; Gouryella; Wallhalla; Tenshi(transa mix) one of my favs :clap:
and a big fav of mine is Jan Johnston - Flesh(dj tiesto remix)

there are many more but just the few that have made me love this genre.

Of course u like gouryella .. its a co-lab between tiesto and ferry :p:

I think the new gouryella track ligaya is a bit too slow and melodic tho .. lost some of what the other tracks have .. speed and energy :\

Crusader

i agree with dav and cru and all trance lovers we cant jugde it in general

but woot i can do is judge it to my self and for me Trance is a huge *noise*

i h8 noise btw :)

Roddie

yea tiesto+ferry=kick ass tracks :tasty:
Ligaya is good nice build-up but so many people on the TA forums are sick of people talkin about it
out of their co-labo's i like tenshi and the transa mix.
btw i got these two great vids of Corsten at GLOW in washington D.C. and him at a Japan world tour and its like 15mins :cool:

if you dont have em Cru i can send em to u ;)

I was watching Mushroomhead live last night and the week before that I saw ill Nino and Raging Speedhorn !

You can decide my opinion for yourself !

Tim

ps: they are all metal bands if you hadn't already guessed !

pps: Cheese forever ! up the 70's, 80's and early 90's

:lol:

well simple i like ska no1 likes ska but in my car you and dave bow down BAH
~~my car my music deal with it :D