Trance?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Is Trance good?

• NO absolutely not!

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I manage to switch to another channel/song in time.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • It's ok!

Votes: 29 60.4%

• Total voters
TBH im happy that most ppl dont like / hate trance .. theres nothing worse then commercial trance like atb/ian van dahl/fragma etc and as such not only can i enjoy the music I like but it also keeps it unique :)

Crusader

most of it sounds like the Star Trek team are pressing random buttons on their computers to make music while banshees have been set loose to provide the vocals..

altho some of it is really good.

i dont like all, but some trance songs are the best songs around :nod:

if not someone edited the poll, i bet "It's ok!" would be in the lead right now :p:

Trance ownz, simple :p:

Problem is 95% of dance music is shite, I'm not suprised most ppl don't like it because the majority of the exposure it gets is utter rubbish - cheesy chart crap, or some other tripe.

Good trance tunes are few and far between, but I'd put money down that if I could get some of you trance haters in a club of my choice with a few beers you'd have a wicked night.

Just ask ezby, until we went out clubbing she detested dance music with a passion :D

PS :fingers: @ whoever rigged the vote - I saw it jump up from 2 to 99 votes :p:

Des and All -> Why do u always say shit about trance music? I reckon in secret you all actually really like it cos tbh I dont like any other music types besides electronic music but I dont say rock/pop/etc sux just cos I dont listen to it and I most definately dont judge a music genre by a few songs I might have heard on the radio or a poor compilation cd ..

Spirit -> I dunno: I dont believe in making ppl like a certain music type .. sure you can show them what you think are the best tracks of the genre but essentially its up to them whether they decide to continue listening to it ..

As for comparing dance with trance .. id say thats changed now .. although trance manifested itself as the most popular form of dance music a few years ago .. its changed too much (especially with the intro of new sub-genres such as progressive and hard) and I think it would be better to associate it with techno now ..

Finally in respect to the 95% being shite .. well I wouldnt guess at a percentage but since trance is one of the simplest music types to create (Reason + PC + Time = Trance) then any1 can make a track find a record company and release it and so yea there is a lot of crap going around .. but saying that there is also a lot of good trance tracks .. I have over 1200 tracks that I love and all are excellent and I know theres many more out there that I want to get :)

(Oh and I refuse to vote as "Its ok" doesnt quite summarise how much I like trance :p: )

Crusader

Last edited:
i just dont like all those computer sounds they use, doesnt matter in what track, i just cant stand it most of the time...

btw to me trance and stuff sounds to me like ''happy'' music, and music is kinda important for me, and i dont like ''happy'' music. that why i listen to my kind of music. ill rather kick some1 in his face while listining to my music then to dance with a horny chick.

and i heard enuff of it to get a decent opinion about it, coz i hear that music alot coz of my work.

Hm fair enuf u dont like it but imo theres no need to tell every1 it sux .. they can be the judge of that ..

Yes trance is very euphoric and happy .. I guess im the exact opposite of you then cos I like to feel happier when listening to music :D

As for your work .. im guessing that would be more like techno or hard house rather then trance .. (and no it aint all the same)

Crusader

Take one irratating vocal shriek,add loud yet bland drumloop,3 notes from a keyboard and perhaps some piss poor samples...voila!Trance!

Really, music like this is music for people who don't really like music.If you have actually got into it in a big way, your in a fucking deep hole.

And before you shout at me i'm a huge fan of eletronic music,just not the uninventive,throw away type.

God damn the choice you have for dance/electronic/dj'ing.....DJ Shadow,DJ Food,Royksopp,Avalanches,Rae and Christian,AIM,Daft Punk,Dan the automater,Lemon Jelly....i could go on but i'm boring myself now.

Yes,yes i've heard other trance stuff as well,not just the wank in the charts.It just seems a genre with no merit whatsoever.Forgive me for being so opinionated,but lets face it everyone here is :p:

Originally posted by Crusader
Spirit -> I dunno: I dont believe in making ppl like a certain music type .. sure you can show them what you think are the best tracks of the genre but essentially its up to them whether they decide to continue listening to it ..

lol Cru, of course you can't *make* ppl listen to a type of music, I didnt suggest anything of the sort. All I said was if I was to show them the situation in which I listen to trance, they may find they like it a bit better. Trance is a hundred times better listen to live in a good club with a good atmosphere with a few beers down ya, that just sticking on an Mp3 at home...

Finally in respect to the 95% being shite .. well I wouldnt guess at a percentage but since trance is one of the simplest music types to create (Reason + PC + Time = Trance) then any1 can make a track find a record company and release it and so yea there is a lot of crap going around .. but saying that there is also a lot of good trance tracks .. I have over 1200 tracks that I love and all are excellent and I know theres many more out there that I want to get :)

It is true that dance music is easy to make, so yes there is a lot of shit floating about. It's easy to make a dance track, the hard part is making it really good! Cru, think about 1200 tracks as a percentage of all the trance tunes ever written... About 0.0001% I'd imagine :p: So I think saying 95% of it is crap is a fairly conservative estimate :D