Tiw!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you be interested of getting TIW into the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest positive changes tiw (and cb settings :P) have done for clanbase was allow a lot of other countries to play the game competetively. As it is the current tdm champions are from Finland (if you guys know the country.. a comptetive finnish player doesnt excist in assault due to his ping).. This would have never been possible if tdm leagues kept the shallow frame of mind currently displayed by assaultplayers. Realise by now that assault is only played by a few very select countries with elite pings. (highpingers this could be your time where actual skill and not 40 ping would decide the battle)

Assault is tactically and strategically at a dead end. Not using minigun from anything mid to closerange is just dumb. Weapons like flak and rocketlauncher have long lost their significance in the low ping world. Most if not everyone in Division 1 can agree that current strategies almost exclusively include the minigun. Back then with mi5 it was all minigun and in 3 years nothing has changed. Taking a look at as we're dying out while tdm tourneys (while also dwindeling) hold more clans then they did 3 years ago.

I notice a lot of people saying: "UT is fine the way it is and has been for the last 5 years." For your information ut hasnt been the same in the last 5 years. The game was originally created for higher pings. With the onset of broadband the game has slowly but surely shifted from rockets/flak to exclusively tickrate weapons. In as clans like mi5 were the first to massively (ab)use the minigun to their advantage. Like any superior strategy it slowly but surely gets taken over by everyone else. Since then the evolvement of strategy in assault has been dead in its tracks. One should consider the use and creation of these tactics as the superior skill. Many if not all of the clans/players have taken over tactics long in excistence. The fear that you can't continue with your routine shouldn't keep you from accepting changes. IF you truly are a skilled player you will find out new strategies and tactics to maintain whatever superiority you hold.

Ofcourse not changing anything also has its benefits.
-The same players/clans that can be arsed to use minigun over and over continue to do well.
-The league continues to slowly dwindle
-Assault will still be impossible for high ping countries.
-Any player in here spouting their mouth with rediculous arguments like 'tiw is for noobs' will rest assured they can continue to do well without any tactical or strategical intellect or real skill.

The bottom line: IF YOU CANT MINIGUN WITH TIW ON YOUR MINIGUN WAS NEVER GOOD TO BEGIN WITH!!

*edited slightly to be more related to the subject*

Last edited:
Reactions: Paa` and Cratos
AnTi said:
TIW will not change minigun power, as we won`t even touch it. It`ll stay as it is now.

:P

thats not saying anything is it!

as you all say the power fluctuates - so no you may not be changing the power of the mini gun, but however its power will be different!

Reactions: Solar´
Thrasher said:
Do I understand it that cos we got faster connections (lower pings) , we need higher tickrates ( >20 ? ) to keep the game upto speed ? but with higher tickrates the minigun etc fire at a trillion rounds a second.

If above is correct then we need tiw to keep the game playable with today's connections.

Absolutely troo, with TIW, one can get benefits of raising server tickrate without getting a totally biassed minigun rapzor server.

@ Weezy: :tired: FWS is a damn exploit it totally blows UT weapons balance and distances, forcing about every competitive player to switch or quit. Afaik CB finally took it off as well.

Last edited:
hmm I perhaps got a bit overzealous with my post and anti decided to spam a remidner with huge letters. :x
imo minipower should be changed (BUT it wont) so there is even less reason for people not to accept tiw.

TIW will remove the lockdown status you get when minigun/or pulsegun hits you allowing you to move and dodge while getting hit.
Meaning that YES you will have to aim more (as in move your mouse so the crosshair stays on the person) but with the minigun strenght being the same it will continue to be the more powerful weapon. In other words: PEOPLE with rockets/snipe/flak that you usually rape with minigun can now move to dodge your mini and still hit you. However minigun is still strong so if you aim properly it's still the best weapon.

^^
edit: oops thats no lockdown. tnx mym ;x

IF YOUR MINIGUN SUX WITH TIW YOUR AIM JUST PLAIN SUX AND YOUR MINIGUN WAS NEVER REALLY GOOD TO BEGIN WITH.

Last edited:
imp said:
TIW will remove the lockdown status you get when minigun/or pulsegun hits you allowing you to move and dodge while getting hit.

TIW has nothing to do with lockdown and its not even up for discussion in this thread, topic is TIW, read the thread please if you are unsure on this.

imp said:

sorry but i think this is not exact, lockdown is NOT related to TIW, its built in UT. U will still get this effect under mg/pulse fire (and eventualy other weaps).

imp said:
IF YOUR MINIGUN SUX WITH TIW YOUR AIM JUST PLAIN SUX AND YOUR MINIGUN WAS NEVER REALLY GOOD TO BEGIN WITH.

Now thats true to a certain extent => players will adapt :)

Last edited:
Why bother with clan reps forum? your just delaying this ongoing bullshit.

This public vote is the best way of allowing thing's in as everyone gets a fair vote.

The votes so far speak for themselves i see :)

70 > 19 it should'nt even need putting into clan reps to make this crap carry on even longer.

You can see exactly who voted so there's no arguments about 50 inactive people voting yes.. etc

Put it in NOW!!!!

lockdown public vote by anti in this forum would also be great.

Reactions: Cratos
Paa` said:

This public vote is the best way of allowing thing's in as everyone gets a fair vote.

70 > 19 it should'nt even need putting into clan reps to make this crap carry on even longer.

You can see exactly who voted so there's no arguments about 50 inactive people voting yes.. etc

Put it in NOW!!!!

why do you care mr 4 std wars in 6 months?

Mush,
Perhaps he's mr.bored of the same old over and over again for 6 months.

Popioul, Mym
you're right. I mix up tiw and lockdown all the time since they were implemented at the same time on clanbase.

Paa` said:

Put it in NOW!!!!

yes thats 89 players max, most clans have about 10 active players, 9 clans per div and you start getting the feeling that the public vote anit counting everyones vote cos everyone's not voted. Clan rep vote is the way too go if the admins feel its needed. basicly your voting against a slient majority atm who cant be bothered to vote so problay like the game as is.

And anyone saying why do i care as i anit played for ages, well iam about to start again :P now i have a working install of ut for the first time in 10 months.

Ajax said:
yes thats 89 players max, most clans have about 10 active players, 9 clans per div and you start getting the feeling that the public vote anit counting everyones vote cos everyone's not voted. Clan rep vote is the way too go if the admins feel its needed. basicly your voting against a slient majority atm who cant be bothered to vote so problay like the game as is.

i brought this up last time at the auth system aswell
only 50% of the "active" uta community voted if i remember correctly

http://forums.utassault.net/showpost.php?p=1116671&postcount=193

and since last time you made the auth system go thru with a mere 50% public vote, while we all know it was below 50%.
this time do a clan rep vote

that's where stuff like this belongs..

Last edited:
Nekro said:
What i can't hammer jump in Pro AS wow then i have a secret i mus be the hax :D and so much for being able to throw a weapon to pick it up again fresh ;)

hammer jump was never a bug....even the bots hammerjump

only launching is a "bug" .....1 of the best ever :D

Nekro said:
What i can't hammer jump in Pro AS wow then i have a secret i mus be the hax :D and so much for being able to throw a weapon to pick it up again fresh ;)

even the bots will use the hammer to jump and if u read what weapons do you will know that hammer jumping is not a bug

Attachments

• Hammer.jpg
    Hammer.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Paa`
Paa` said:

Put it in NOW!!!!

:thumb:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Paa` again.

Reactions: Paa`
Status
Not open for further replies.