The Thank You Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yeah we had feared a defeat was coming :)

I dunno which match you mean Tex. The first really hyped match was our match against CiA, it was ours and the leagues very first match and it was the night b4 I moved house and my PC was sat on the floor with the monitor on top of it, I didn't get to play it obviously (hard to play UT sat on the floor) but listened on RW as we won 7-4.

The UfM match came after the Mi5 match, everyone expected it to be a close one, but we spank0red them 8-2 :D After that was when the NA lot splitt from UTA and started their own NA league, so it was a bitter sweet victory.

man that was like 2 years ago? in the days when we hunted for a decent public server and attempted to boot every1 off it.

CiA match was class but that win 7-5 over Mi5 after ION had beaten em was prolly my sweetest memory cos they soon split after that if i remember right? loved it

Well having grown into UT with NRG (which i may remind every1 including u bro was started by me, u and tom :P) i must say they are the best people about. ive played for a few other clans but they all sucked donkey balls.

If only my bro wasnt in charge :P

Well done boys!!

Light

why? You want to join another clan AGAIN? <--- is that aimed at me caz u tit?No i just wanna talk to him as we used to get on cool.

Soz texy m8e i dont rememba :) did u play alot of publics then coz the other guys i rememba seeing...

Yes you done a great job on us, rook ecspecially was class real ballsy move that u took the risk and pulled it off, kudos to you guys. Also some real close maps where you gutted out a result, river3, 2nd frigate come to mind, anyway you played well and deserved your win so can't take nothing away from you guys.

And it's a bitter sweet pill but being humbled every so often is not a bad thing merely strengthens resolve.

Still 1 point which i'm sure you don't give a toss about after 1 win is the small details of win/draw/loss ratios we all have in the league, when i look at that and then read in another forum , pretty sure it was the league forum, that we're 'still' a good clan makes me laugh my arse off, if anyone else beats or records for games won, losses or consecutive wins , then in my book they are 'the daddy' until then , u played a good game i now look forward to having you guys play to the same standard every time we play.

Prolly gonna get slated now for coming here and saying you done well, but so be it.

Not taking anything away from >ION<, you were clearly the best for a year, no one can deny that. This is just our day and we are celebrating it, we've wanted this since day one, and now we have it we're gonna revel in it :D

Maybe you'll beat us next time, maybe you wont, all I hope is that its a good hard game, just like Saturdays game and just like our game against Mi5 last month. If every match is like that I can't see me ever tireing of this game :)

I wanna be the best but I wanna have to fight for it every step of the way, I don't wanna be 0wned and I don't wanna 0wn anyone. We had to fight to get where we are, and I know we will have to fight to stay there.

Heres to hopefully the best games the leagues ever seen.

btw if anyone slates you for saying we did well they don't deserve to be given the time of day IMHO.

That's a very cool response by Mael, and I respect that.
May surprise some, but I agree 100% with all he's said.

As some said a few days ago, getting to no1 is the easy part, it's keeping it that is tough.
I hope some of the NRG players who are considering "Going DM" :rolleyes: realise that we have proved nothing atm.

I *do* give a toss about your win/loss record, NRG have already lost way to many games to have the same win/loss record, but from here on out, it's the results of NRG/ION games that matters, at least in my eyes.
ION will always have their past record, we can't, and dont want to, take that away.

Atm, I think alot of people think ION are on the downslide, I can say first hand from Saturday, they gave us as tough a game as they ever had, truth is we were better on the night.
However, beating you once means nothing in the long run. It's like a break of serve in tennis, it means dick unless you hold your own serve.
If you beat us next time, this win means nothing. It's the second victory that makes the point.

Having said that, I am doing the same as Phil, and just celebrating this victory.

If our game in April is as good as the game on the 16th, I look forward to April everyday, as the 16th was really a great experience to go through with good m8s.

I also hope that with a few more games like the 16th, NRG and ION can learn some respect for each other, your post goes a long way to achieveing that :)

I also hope that our squad can remain together :shake:

ddie

I stand corrected it was CIA not UFM. Cos i remember playing into the wee hours, and having to get up to help you move house!! Either way HYPED match!!

(which i may remind every1 including u bro was started by me, u and tom )

I beat Phil dont remember it like that huh Lee :lol:

Last edited:
You deserve if NRG :) GG
Pity Frost didn't let me play..

I stand corrected it was CIA not UFM.

CiA died cause most players went to the USA assault league and some new guy called Megatron or Optimus prime, well I remember he had a autobot kinda of name fs (I think) took over but that went wrong so he started a new clan called Ultimate Fighting Machine's or something..

I pld for CiA and UFM,, only saterdays tho lol was 16 and I had to set my alarmclock to play a match fs

only pld like 3 matches for them, my parents found out I was playing in the middle of the night LOL

CiA was good... A female player(she also pld in NRG I think) trained me everyday she rocked, her husband also pld UT lost track of her when CiA died tho.. :(

Deathkitten or something and Trickster..
I think ... wonderd what happend with her.

Yeah Properly looking at the tactics you should now for ION I would be like a chicken without a head like dutch say..

doesn't mather tho I always play like that :)

even had a 7-7 vs NRG that way :mosher:

was a very good game that was.. we almost had ya then but NRG recoverd
boom :thumb:

yes rampage it was deathkitten who came and played for NRG and u are also correct about it being optimus prime who was in charge of UfM/CiA

boy they were fun days :)

i have her icq still
i think Saytan still talks to her

her names brenda if i remember right lol

lol yes her name is Brenda - haven't spoke to her for years myself. If anyone speaks to her give her a :wave: from me :D