The Thank You Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
2 years to the month since I started the uta league and for the first time -=]NRG[=- win it :D

Its all i've ever wanted for this clan since I started the league, to win it just once, where we go from here doesn't matter too much to me, I'd like to defend and hold our championship but all of that is really just a bonus, if we lose the top spot I wont be disappointed, I've always prefered fighting for something anyway :D

So heres a big thank you to all those that made it possible:

All the past -=]NRG[=- members, especially:

MeAn: The best arnie impression you'll ever hear.
STaT: The crazy American, one person I'll sure as hell never forget.
Killor: One of the best players UTAS has ever seen and I h8 CS for drawing him away from the game.
Lightning: My stupid brother, bad tempered, worst communications skillz you've ever seen, but one hell of a player.
TexasTom: Drives me mental to this day, but sometimes I think he just trying to do right, he just goes about it totally the wrong way.
Shaitan: One of my oldest and best friends in the community, and he does one well of a rendition of "Uncle Fucker".
Mezz: The orginal Crazy Swede. Fantastic Guy, when he left was probably the biggest disappointment I've had in this game.

And to the current Squad, who more than anyone else put us where we are today:

Uzi: For sticking with AS when I know at times he really didn't enjoy it. A great player with an amazingly short temper :lol:
Eddie: Craziest fucker you'll ever meet. Never beats about the bush and we've had our run ins for sure. But he just wants whats best for the clan.
GRZ: Still the MAP MASTA, no matter what Gazzy or anyone says. Great player who has to endure ping problems worse than most could ever stand.
Hellr@iser: The silent German, I still believe if this guy could get a <100 ping he would never miss.
General: The best player I've ever had the pleasure of playing along side, plays as well as only I could dream.
Scorpy: Surprised me and helluva lot of other ppl im sure. Much better than I ever beleived he was. Great player, and can keep Eddie amused for hours.
Opti: The only clan member I've met IRL and one of the best guys I know. The punishment he gets from BTo is more than anyone should have to bear.
Goofy: Warez God, and one of the most commited players the clans ever had. Just dont go anywhere near a Jacuzzi with him.
FluidEye: From arch enemy to loyal clan m8. Proof if any that anything possible in this world.
Twonko: The mind of a 16 year old stuck in the body of an XX year old ( hidden to preserve his dignity :lol: ). Probably THE only clan member to have ever played the game entirely for the right reasons (myself inclued).

So there you go. Thanx to them all, you've given me a great 2 years of gaming. They are all great guys, and I can't think of a bunch of guys who deserve it more, they've definately earned it :D

dont think i can add much

altho phil, as much as we take the piss youre still a class player.. altho of course not as good as me, or gen or scorp or hell or grz or... you get the picture :P

i was gonna leave UT AS if we beat ION, but im gonna stick around and play for fun instead of for that #1 spot.

Great playing with everyone for the past 2 years be it with NRG or a diff clan :)

sorry for intrudin'

but i wanna say congraz...
u know i wouldn't have thought that any1 else than mi5 could ever beat ION
u did it and so CONGRAZ to whole NRG (to make it shorter than wiggy did :D )

now every1's gonna :cftchase: u :)

wot bout me? :shout: for putting up with u thro the stresses and strains and the fookin amount of time u put into the league!!! BAH!! :P

Dont worry Ufie!!! Now we will have even more time and reason for spending time defending our position:argue: :sofa: :rofl:

btw! Nice pussy you have....:teehee:

congratz NRG couldnt have happened to a nicer clan (( :moon2: :p: <-- CK)) :D

for sheer commitment and determination u deserve it :) but it was obviously won by more than those :)

g/l for the rest of the year

Well done Phil (and the rest of -=]NRG[=-), youve certainly put the time and effort in. We came close b4, but not until now have u managed the final BIG victory needed.
Give your selves a big pat on the back.

can i just add Phill (Phear)
THE best caln leader i have ever had (a trait that not only I but other people that have flowed thru -=}NRG[=- have said)
YOU deserve this m8
tbh

im really happy for the whole clan but really and truthfully for you mate i know how much you have wanted to do this and im proud to be a member of your clan .

well played

Opti

Well, what's the big fuzz, it's about fuckin' time if u ask me :P

j/k, all hail -=]NRG[=-!

Remember what I said Phil, in time one of the oldest clans of the league eventually would get where it deserve to be...at the top...it was just a matter of getting rid of the dead meat (read ME)! :P

On a more serious note, seing that I've actually been in -=]NRG[=-, I cant tink of anybody who deserves it more. Granted, >ION< have put in a lot of hard work to keep their position for so long, but this is well deserved. Keep in mind tho, this is where the really hard work starts, the very difficult task of *staying* on top. >ION< is still a great clan, having lost only 2 matches over 2 years, but I think -=]NRG[=- might finally be in a position where they can provide a real challenge.

And to Ufie: Yeah, we all know how you feel....when everybody's turning their volume way down to escape Phil's abusive burts, you're still sitting right next to him, and there's no way shutting him off for you :P

All in all, gg guys, about time & gl in the future!

PS. Just lmk, and I'll hop on RW revitalising old SouthPark classics anytime :D

sweet :)

damn, its these things that make you wish you were still flakspamming tunnels instead of beating on silly monsters in daoc

P L A Y E D NRG :)

you forgot:
Dyzar: for doing bugger all and phuck of without giving a notice:(

gj guys:)

Lightning: My stupid brother, bad tempered, worst communications skillz you've ever seen, but one hell of a player.

awe thanx bro :) didnt know u cared :P

anyway in 5 months once ive payed all my debts off (finally) i might get my isdn back so u never know, i might be back to how i used to play :)

well done for beating those ION twats finally :)

Heh heh!

Bit of a "Gwyneth Paltrow" post there Phear! :D

But well played NRG. I don't think I've seen so many people in an IRC channel for match reportage before, not even when ION played Mi5 that time...

You now face your hardest challenge, namely fending off AKA-MrMercenary, who is going to want to kiss all your asses incessantly for beating ION :D

Last edited: